What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels 70 Year Logo revealed

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cant agree, what past? half an aboriginal guys head and a cm of his body is a bit disappointing in some sort of modern shape for a RL Emblem.
Not to mention the shocking white banner at the bottom, the tear shape design is so weak and childish, theres nothing traditional about it, its not even a traditional sporting emblem design.
Its so disappointing theres no history in this at all, just a shadow 20% of a native, each to their own but this is the worst anniversary emblem I've ever seen, i wouldn't call it an emblem, id call it a T-Shirt design for kids, its very disappointing, but each to their own.
Check out some of the fantastic anniversary logos from fellow RL clubs, this ones embarrassing compared to those imo
Stop f**king whinging and show us one then.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I don't mind it but the resident graphic designer (Jamesy) over at filthy_spammers changed the yellow background to white and the banner background to yellow. Looks much better.

Gronk

Staff member
Too much hype for an almost invisible graphic on a busy jersey.

Gronk

Staff member
So the original logo is a man hunting eels?

No. It wasn't until Frilingos said in the 60's that we should be known as the Eels that the nickname stuck.

Parramatta being an indigenous word for "where the eels lie" or something like that.

Original logo was something like this.

upload_2016-10-17_9-8-54.jpeg

forward pass

Coach
I like it. If it was round, it would have looked a bit odd at the bottom under the banner - thus the teardrop shape. Plus the original logo was oval not round - so it is a mix of the two.

anniversary logos are hard.
ours is a bit bland. considering some of the fan submissions etc were IMO better than what they came up with.

I like this eels one.

strider

Post Whore
Pointy bit troubles me a bit ... makes me think its a fckn love heart or something

And yeah i think white behind the native australian gentleman might have been better than yellow