What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Optus snatches English Premier League rights from Fox Sports in Australia

I watched the first 25 minutes of Tottenham v Liverpool on my PC and the clarity if the picture was very good. No buffering or signal degradation. Only issue was when my PC (which really need to be replaced as it is a good 6 years old) decided to crash at that point.

thorson1987

Coach
They can still get f**ked.

Ill watch on LFCtv or if i can watch live it will be streaming.

Slight change of plans on this now.

Ordered my new phone yesterday and got the $85 per month plan with 7gb data. But optus are currently having an online deal where you only have to pay $65 per month for 24 months.

With this plan I get free subscription for EPL.

For anyone that already has it, do I need to download a certain app and how much data does it use up?

Deacon

First Grade

Ordered my new phone yesterday and got the $85 per month plan with 7gb data. But optus are currently having an online deal where you only have to pay $65 per month for 24 months.

For anyone that already has it, do I need to download a certain app and how much data does it use up?
Home phone or mobile if so what mobile?

I've followed it since the 60's. Not any more though. Since it is gone from Fox I've lost interest. I wouldn't use Optus if it were free. Thieves.

Haffa

Optus have put on a decent service IMO. Their coverage shits on anything fox ever provided.

If Fox put on this kind of service for any sport they'd be in every house in the country.

There is an Optus Sport App which is available in Google Play and the Apple App Store, so I'd say to watch it on your phone you will need to download the app. Can't say how much data a game uses though as I watch on a desktop.

Optus have put on a decent service IMO. Their coverage shits on anything fox ever provided.

If Fox put on this kind of service for any sport they'd be in every house in the country.

They don't do anything special for it, do they?

I mean all of the programming comes straight from the EPL, whereas Fox had a bit of local programming (pre-game show, etc).

All in all it's pretty decent, I've got it Mini Fetch and only costs me $5 per month. Only gripes are that not every game is shown on demand and it can fade in and out of HD at times. Love the goal rush feature when I'm watching neutral games. Mobile app is very good as well.

I've followed it since the 60's. Not any more though. Since it is gone from Fox I've lost interest. I wouldn't use Optus if it were free. Thieves.

I don't understand this stance. Do you want Fox to have a monopoly and continue to dick everyone?

Losing the Prem has made them bring their prices down and attempt to up their game. Competition is only good in my eyes. Hope the NRL can properly use it to their advantage in their next rights deal.

The stance isn't pro Foxtel, they have their problems, it's anti-Optus. My dealings with them have been less than professional.

Without the EPL being there (on Foxtel), I watch or do something else so I've pretty much forgotten about the it. I do watch some of the lower tier games though, which is interesting.

saint.nick

Coach
The actual service that Optus provides all-in-all is good. Mostly HD and the amount of punditry in offer is awesome. The downside is internet broadcast is always less reliable than cable broadcast.

However, it still doesn't change my opinion that Optus can go and get f**ked. I know competition for Foxtel is good, but it's forced many EPL-following Foxtel customers to uproot mobile or internet plans with non-Optus companies just so they can watch EPL. It doesn't sit right with me nor seemingly most other people, and it never will. I also hate that, most of the time, you can't just go to mates' homes anymore to watch the EPL with them on the big screen, because most of them either aren't Optus customers or didn't order a Fetch. I also hate how most EPL fans (like myself), already have Foxtel, don't plan on getting rid of Foxtel, but need to also order a Fetch box so we can watch it on TV. So you either buy the cheap but shitty Fetch-mini which doesn't have any recording feature and has a shitty pause feature (all the while Optus don't even offer every game on demand), or you instead get the normal Fetch box with better viewing features but for quite a larger fee, all just to use a couple of times a week to watch some EPL games, on top of the Foxtel subscription. You could say that these people should just ditch Foxtel altogether and replace it with Fetch, but a lot of people don't really have the required Wifi reliability to comfortably watch tv via Fetch, hence why they stick with Foxtel. Since I'm only paying $5 a month for my entire EPL experience, I'm keeping the foxtel for now, but might have to reconsider when the EPL plan isn't free for Optus customers like myself starting next season.

Haffa

So just like Foxtel did to C7 sport customers? I find it amusing when Optus get criticised for doing exactly what foxtel have done in the past.

Most of the people I know didn't have an issue giving Foxtel the flick and some who couldn't afford Foxtel now have access to live EPL for a fraction of the cost. The quite larger fee for the normal Fetch is $15 compared to $5.

Latest posts