What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kapow - sandow

Noise

Coach
I was happy to let him walk at the end of his contract since 2012. My argument was always that we shouldn't cut him early and pay him to play for someone else.

He has always been in our top 17 players. That doesn't mean we should keep him when he's off contract. Same with Joe Paulo.

Shame we kept him

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This thread always had so much potential, a shame it never fulfilled its potential

Interesting reading the first few pages on how excited Eels fans were to sign Sandow. Did Sandow's level of play drop from 2011 to 2015 or was he a victim of the poor players surrounding him at the Eels?

It became clear just how much one poor defender can ruin it for the entire team.

Gronk

Staff member
Warrington have made the ESL grand final.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/37488091

But Sandow is missing amid rumours that he failed a drug test.

His club broke their silence about the missing merkin and released this in the past few hours

Following this afternoon’s squad announcement a number of supporters have asked for an update on Chris Sandow’s injury. As such head of coaching and rugby Tony Smith said: “Prior to team selection Chris had only participated in two light training sessions and has had zero contact. Unfortunately this game has just come around too early. If we get the result on Thursday we’re hoping he may be in a position to be available for selection next week.”

Head of performance services Ben Stirling added: “Chris sustained a Grade 2 MCL (medial collateral injury) to his knee under four weeks ago and in light of this, despite everyone’s efforts to return Chris to sport as quickly as possible, this time frame is still exceptionally early. From a rehabilitation perspective he still has some elements to tick off before we can confidently return him to the field and some risk still exists with this early prognosis of playing.”

https://warringtonwolves.com/club-news/injury-update-sandow/

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They have their grand final two weeks before the end of the season. Obviously there's reduced interest in those final two games. They're a bit of a dead rubber.

Gronk

Staff member
Chris Sandow has signalled his intention not to return to Warrington Wolves next season, despite a contract that ties him to the club until the end of the 2017 Super League campaign.

Sandow joined Warrington in July 2015 from Parramatta Eels, where he fell out with coach Brad Arthur before being granted an early release from his deal.

But the Australian's agent has now informed Warrington his client does not intend to return to the Halliwell Jones Stadium to see out the remainder of his contract.

Karl Fitzpatrick, head of rugby operations said: "Chris is contracted until the end of 2017 and should have reported for pre-season training today [21 November].

"This is a clear breach of contract. We will be retaining his registration until further notice.

"We the club are disappointed that Chris has decided not to return, we are already underway in monitoring a potential replacement both internally and externally."

Sandow scored 11 tries for Warrington as they reached the Grand Final, where they were beaten 12-6 by Wigan Warriors.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...ow-football-wolves/1eol9udhj4z9s1qxld0ol0tcqq

Incorrect

Coach
So will he be back in the NRL in 2017 I wonder, or is this the end of the line for Sandow and he's happy just to go and settle back in Cherbourg??

Only NRL clubs I could see him having any chance of joining would be the Dragons or the Knights.... Even the Knights would be an outside chance at best I reckon. Imagine him playing McGregor's boring as batshit brand of footy at the Dragons... if he thought it was bad at Parra, he'd be driven to distraction playing in that Dragons team!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So will he be back in the NRL in 2017 I wonder, or is this the end of the line for Sandow and he's happy just to go and settle back in Cherbourg??

Only NRL clubs I could see him having any chance of joining would be the Dragons or the Knights.... Even the Knights would be an outside chance at best I reckon. Imagine him playing McGregor's boring as batshit brand of footy at the Dragons... if he thought it was bad at Parra, he'd be driven to distraction playing in that Dragons team!

Doubt knights would be interested, they already have two ok halves plus they also have some promising juniors.

forward pass

Coach
Any club that picks him up are crazy.

I don't agree. The problem with us was that he was being paid a motza so he never ever lived up to his price tag - and was never going to.

I think if a club can pick him up for a basic contract amount (which I honestly think he would be happy with) then he would be a decent buy.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Maybe the Broncos ?? Unlikely but wouldnt surprise me, Bennett is known to make some unpopular decisions.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't agree. The problem with us was that he was being paid a motza so he never ever lived up to his price tag - and was never going to.

I think if a club can pick him up for a basic contract amount (which I honestly think he would be happy with) then he would be a decent buy.
His defence is far too big a liability for his team to be successful, then you have his attitude which is even worse.

He left Souths for the big bucks and then crapped on us and then warrington, as I said Crazy.

something has to be done about players just walking out on contracts

the nrl could have nipped it in the bud by banning sbw for life but now the floodgates are open