What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 SG Ball / Harold Matts Junior Rep News

Trials this weekend

Saturday

Souths V Balmain @ Erskineville Oval (HM - 10am, SG - 11.30am)

Illawarra V Sydney Roosters @ UOW Jubilee Oval (HM - 9.30am, SG - 11am)

St George V North Sydney @ UOW Jubilee Oval (HM - 12.30pm, SG - 2pm)

Cronulla Sharks V Newcastle Knights @ Cronulla High School (HM - 1.30pm, SG - 2.45pm)
Under 15's and Under 17's development games are on before hand 11am & 12.15pm

Penrith V Canterbury @ St Marys Leagues Stadium (HM - 12.30pm, SG - 2pm)

WSAS V Central Coast @ St Marys Leagues Stadium (HM - 3.30pm, SG - 5pm)

Wests V Parramatta @ Hillier Oval (HM - 1.15pm, SG - 2.30pm)

Canberra V Manly @ Goulburn Workers Arena (HM - 11am, SG - 12pm)

I believe that the local club will receive an development fee if the player is playing out of the area. Eg if a player goes to let say Manly, Manly will need to pay that development to the district if they have been put on a quarantine list, in the case of the Coast it generally if they have played in their country championship team u15, under 14.
I think it's roughly $2000 to $4000
I spoke to CCDJRL and we receive no development fees until the players take the field in the U20's (not sure for NSW Cup).
This was on an CRL letterhead so it may be different for teams playing under the NSWRL banner ?. Is anybody able to find out because I'd love to bring that up at a higher level if it is different.

The Coast Matts defeated SWAS 6 tries to 2.
Newcastle Matts went down to the Sharks 4 tries to 3.
S.G.Ball Knights smoked the Sharks 10 tries to 1.

I thought SW Syd Academy weren't playing this year in Matts ?
They played WSAS, Very easy to get them confused

The Bulldogs smacked Penrith in the Harold Matthews, the Dogs looked very good. Penrith were poor in the first part of the match. The ball game was quite close in the end. Not sure who won but was a good match.

Good Luck to all teams competing in the 2017 Harold Matthews Cup
SG Ball
Tarsha Gale Cup

Looking forward to watching some great football starting next weekend. Trials are only that, but some teams have looked very good throughout the preseason.
My tips for 2017
Harold Matthews Cup - Bulldogs
- Parra
- Manly
- Knights

SG Ball - Penrith
- Knights
- Parra
- Bulldogs

Hatchy

Juniors
Good Luck to all teams competing in the 2017 Harold Matthews Cup
SG Ball
Tarsha Gale Cup

Looking forward to watching some great football starting next weekend. Trials are only that, but some teams have looked very good throughout the preseason.
My tips for 2017
Harold Matthews Cup - Bulldogs
- Parra
- Manly
- Knights

SG Ball - Penrith
- Knights
- Parra
- Bulldogs
Who are your smokies, that might surprise??

Hatchy

Juniors
Any trial results for games this weekend?

Good luck to all teams for the start of the junior reps starting next weekend. Can't wait to get out and watch a few games

Think he refers to David Hollis and Henry Hall, both front rowers and Charlie Murray a half

Murray is out till possibly the last game or two of Matthews as he recovers from a lower back issue

Thanks Delboy. I wasn't aware of Henry Hall playing for the knights. But I was aware both Holis & Murray did. Knights loss is obviously Parra's gain. 2 very good players. Seen Murray play a few times very exciting player to watch. Parra must like pinching players from the Knights or their catchment area as there have been a few that have signed with Parra over the past few years. Hollis (Nth Coast), Murray (Nth Coast), Hall ( Scone) Schneider (Central Coast) Cronin (Maitland) Duggan (Muswellbrook)

Parra also have Jed Edwards from Burleigh Heads in their Matts squad. Jed played for Qld last year when they won the National Championships.
I thought Parramatta had a strong junior base, lots of players from outside of their catchment area.

Family Guy

Juniors
Parra also have Jed Edwards from Burleigh Heads in their Matts squad. Jed played for Qld last year when they won the National Championships.
I thought Parramatta had a strong junior base, lots of players from outside of their catchment area.
Jed lived in Mullumbimby and travelled up to Palmbeach for schooling. Parramatta got him down to Sydney this year. He actually captained the NSW u12 PSSA in 2013. He is a New South Welshman

T-Boon

Coach
Jed lived in Mullumbimby and travelled up to Palmbeach for schooling. Parramatta got him down to Sydney this year. He actually captained the NSW u12 PSSA in 2013. He is a New South Welshman

Haha, Greg Inglis family says the same thing. Thanks for the info though. Is he going to school in Sydney?

Delboy

First Grade
4 players out of the 40 that trialled is not a lot of players

If the theme is continued then Newcastle, Penrith, Brisbane even Canberra should be included in " lots of players outside their district"

It's all about filling holes in the roster , no secret or master plan - just some sensible junior scoutng at last to strengthen what is local