What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I thought it was good, but if you think Grants is a good single malt, you need to raise the bar.

I suggest trying Highland Park, bit pricey $70 and worth every cent. Even my wife will sip it straight and she is a scotch and coke type.

Meth

Staff member
Sitting down to watch a T20 game with a bottle of Grant's.

There but for the grace of God go I...

Meth

Staff member
You are aware I am neither a T20 watcher or a Grant's drinker, right?

I can live with a lot being said or thought about me, but neither of those two things.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Someone should tell Steve Smith to get rid of that hair band. It makes him look like a dandy.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think we can soon look forward to the days when summer is all T20s and we play tests away in winter if Sutherland has his way

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Pattinson named for Shield return
07 February 2017

7JamesPattinsonShield.ashx

Pattinson is back in first-class whites // Getty

Louis_Cameron_.ashx

Louis Cameron

@LouisDBCameron
The 17-Test paceman is back alongside ODI stars Aaron Finch and Marcus Stoinis

One of the key pieces of Australia’s Ashes pace-brigade for next summer looks to be falling into place after tearaway James Pattinson was today named to make his long-awaited return to the Sheffield Shield.

Pattinson hasn’t played a first-class match since Australia’s second Test against New Zealand almost a year ago but has been picked in a 13-player squad to face South Australia in Adelaide on Friday.

The 26-year-old has been eased back from serious shin and back injuries this summer, playing five games for the Melbourne Renegades in the KFC Big Bash League, before sending down 13 overs for Victoria’s Futures League side last month.

BBL: Patto strikes with his first over

Pattinson has also been in lethal form in Victorian Premier Cricket, smashing 131 (his second ton of the year) and snaring 6-42 for Dandenong in the same match.

His return spells good news for Australia as they look to have Pattinson, Mitch Starc, Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins fit and firing for next summer’s Ashes.

Quick Single: Pattinson named in Clarke-led PM's XI side

Cummins, who has played in all 10 of Australia’s ODIs this summer, is expected to play his first Shield game for NSW since the 2011 final after Australia’s KFC T20 INTL series against Sri Lanka.

Meanwhile, the Bushrangers also welcome back three more internationals to their Shield squad, as they look to atone for their last-start innings-and-77-run hiding at the hands of the Blues.

Fresh off their Australia 0-2 Chappell-Hadlee Trophy series loss in New Zealand, stand-in one-day international captain Aaron Finch and fellow squad member Marcus Stoinis both come back for Victoria.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/jame...eld-cricket-pucovski-finch-stoinis/2017-02-07

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think it sucks how our only cricket news is how our squad are preparing for a test series in India.

Its the middle of February, why aren't they still at home playing test matches in our summer ?

It getting ridiculous just how little test cricket we are playing in our summer.

steggz

Juniors
I think it sucks how our only cricket news is how our squad are preparing for a test series in India.

Its the middle of February, why aren't they still at home playing test matches in our summer ?

It getting ridiculous just how little test cricket we are playing in our summer.
4/6 Tests were in summer...

TheParraboy

Staff member
its still summer and we are in India

The SGC test has been our last test for the summer for a good while now, not sure what your getting at?

You want us to have more tests after the SCG test? Or tour india later?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I just want more test cricket or at least more cricket in Australia even if its ODI cricket. We played our last ODI tourney in NZ ffs.

Our summer of cricket seems to be getting shorter and shorter and we didn't use to go O/S till middle of the year. We used to tour India in our winter, not February.

Maybe I'm just getting withdrawal.

Bazal

Post Whore
When have we ever had more than six tests in a home season as a regular thing?