What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warner....

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yes we can point fingers at Mitch Dud Marsh but when does this flat track bully get questioned?

Has the bloke made an overseas score outside of South Africa?

And he's our VC somehow

He's utterly useless when the ball does something and he keeps playing the same shots and getting out...

lockyno1

Post Whore
He hasnt scored an overseas test century since the uae tour 2.5 years ago

I think that is starting to become an issue

Massive issue- Renshaw has shown you can stay in and score runs...what dies Warner do? Blind dumb slogging..."oh it's the way he plays". Stuff that he should know better by now.

Warner is such a flat track bully it's not funny

Barkley

Bench
He is definitely and issue on overseas tours. But the other issue is that he is still the best we've got. There are not many state cricketers that are demanding a spot in the Test team.

T-Boon

Coach
One problem is we don't have a 6 or 7. For the next test I would try Warner at number 6. Elevate S Marsh to opener and put Khawaja at 3.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He is definitely and issue on overseas tours. But the other issue is that he is still the best we've got. There are not many state cricketers that are demanding a spot in the Test team.

Ed Cowan

Bazal

Post Whore
Rogers was well over 30 when he came back into the side. Cowan is in awesome form....as a short term thing we could do worse.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
At 35 years old?

I would prefer to invest in Joe Burns.

for 1 or 2 tests if we were desperate, a bit tongue in cheek because his current form is pretty good

can you imagine Joe Burns defence in India ? he cant defend a straight ball on our pitches

TheParraboy

Staff member
His fielding has been horrible, has dropped some dollies

Needs to pull his finger out and contribute in the 3rd test

Bazal

Post Whore
His fielding has been horrible, has dropped some dollies

Needs to pull his finger out and contribute in the 3rd test

He needs a kick in the arse. His attitude to batting stinks at the moment, zero application IMO. He needs to demonstrate more than one gear...his ton vs NZ at Hobart all those years ago was an excellent knock, so he does have application in him.

He's always been a ridiculously overrated fielder IMO. Good on the ground but can't throw for shit and hit and miss hands.

Barkley

Bench
for 1 or 2 tests if we were desperate, a bit tongue in cheek because his current form is pretty good

can you imagine Joe Burns defence in India ? he cant defend a straight ball on our pitches

It's not great that Cowan is one of our better options, shows our stocks aren't too healthy.

Burns would be great in India...a play and miss in Australia is coming off the middle in India.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I didn't realise it was that long since his last overseas ton.

I hope he does get a big score in the next test and a quick scoring one like he usually does.

Fangs

Coach
Ed Cowan for David Warner? The Australian selectors aren't THAT stupid boys. Cowan and Renshaw as a combination is way too stifling.

Look over Warner's dismissals on this tour. I wouldn't put it all down to blind slogging. If anything Warner has been very subdued on this tour.

I'll back him for a big one.

FYI, Shaun Marsh can open...

Latest posts