What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 2 vs Dragons - Game Day Thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So we agree we should only be including one dummy half in the seventeen. I think we differ though as to who that should be. I think Kaysa's service is much better and he hits harder (which adds to the errors you mentioned).
I think Kritchard is a better player than De Gois, I just think he's better playing less than 80 minutes and coming off the bench.

Noise

Coach
So Pou, if they are both fit and BA wants an 80min hooker who do you think he will go with?

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think Kritchard is a better player than De Gois, I just think he's better playing less than 80 minutes and coming off the bench.
I'm sure he would be. But the upside of using him as an impact comes at the expense of an interchange and one less big body on the bench. He does an adequate job over the full
80 minutes and as you mentioned, our game plan doesn't seem revolve around quick darts from dummy half.

IMO Kaysa gets the nod as the benefit of playing him for the 80 minutes outweighs his reduced impact.

strider

Post Whore
So we agree we should only be including one dummy half in the seventeen. I think we differ though as to who that should be. I think Kaysa's service is much better and he hits harder (which adds to the errors you mentioned).
Not sure kaysa hits harder

Chipmunk

Coach
I'll tell you what's got me really impressed, as someone who is normally very conservative about our expectations, is that we seemed to have finally found a mob of middle forwards that might actually go close to us being able to win the play the ball.

If we can do that the rest will follow with this mob.

But again...We've only beat two teams who will finish bottom 4.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Played Strong, Done Good.

We've easily been the best defensive team, when it mattered that I've seen in the first 2 weeks. But, we've probably only beaten teams that will finish bottom 4 at seasons end.

I like what I see though

At least we will score 76 points against the panthers when we play them!!

Happy MEel

First Grade
But our middle is not the key to our attack unless it's wet. Did you see how many of our middle forwards made 100 metres this week?
It depends what website you look at but the stats on the NRL website have 4 of our middle forwards making 100m or over. (I realise these aren't regarded as the most reliable stats)