What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future spine

MilkShark

First Grade
Chad and Bird are asking for the same amount of Money. I can only see one being re-signed. I could see us letting Chad go again and next year have a halves combo of Bird and Maloney, and then when Maloney retires young Flanno taking his spot.
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Chad should get a new job as a comedian.

cb4

First Grade
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Chad should get a new job as a comedian.

Maybe, but Chad is a premiership winning half and Bird is not. That is perceived differently in the market place.
Whilst Chad has the ability to say that when commanding money, Bird can't. He was effectively, an average centre and his season at 5/8 was unsuccessful.

MilkShark

First Grade
Maybe, but Chad is a premiership winning half and Bird is not. That is perceived differently in the market place.
Whilst Chad has the ability to say that when commanding money, Bird can't. He was effectively, an average centre and his season at 5/8 was unsuccessful.
Chad is no world beating half back, he just ''makes do'' with what he has. He is lucky to have an extremely talented team around him. I know the comp lacks good halves, but Chad isn't an amazing half and will likely never play rep footy ever.

At the age of 21 Chad was probably just cracking first grade, barely. I can't remember.
At the age of 20 Bird was already playing origin.

In terms of natural skills in the game, Bird has it all over Chad.

cb4

First Grade
Bird was playing Origin as a centre. What does this have to do with him commanding Halves money?

cb4

First Grade
I might be different but I think Chad is worth near what he's asking.
At $700k, that will be 10% of the salary cap next year. I don't think he or Bird are worth that.
Only 3 players on our team are worth that type of money, and they are Maloney, Holmes and Fifita.

SharkShocked

Bench
I have no faith that Maloney will stay beyond his current deal, irrespective whether or not our offer comes close to what he wants financially.

He has moved on every time looking or new rosters and challenges.

I expect him to move again.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
At $700k, that will be 10% of the salary cap next year. I don't think he or Bird are worth that.
Only 3 players on our team are worth that type of money, and they are Maloney, Holmes and Fifita.
Shhhh....don't tell Coify that Val's worth that sort of coin. Isn't the cap going up to around 9 mill next year?

Foz

Bench
One of the Fox show said Theres a few clubs working on a 10 million cap.
Might get interesting if they decide on 9 million.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I have no faith that Maloney will stay beyond his current deal, irrespective whether or not our offer comes close to what he wants financially.

I dunno. He left the Storm because of no opportunity, NZ was always going to be temporary and he wanted to stay at Roosters but they didn't want him. If we keep him happy there's no reason for him to go.

cb4

First Grade
My understanding was the 2018 season was $7 Million and would go up by a percentage every year after.

cb4

First Grade

Each situation has been an extreme circumstance.

He left Melbourne for opportunity, and Bellamy didn't rate him. Probably one of the only mistakes he has made in his career. The only club that wanted him was NZ.

He became awesome in NZ, but also became homesick.

He also fought tooth and nail to stay at the Roosters but they backed Jackson Hastings in.

No doubt he will stay if we want him.

SharkShocked

Bench
Each situation has been an extreme circumstance.

He left Melbourne for opportunity, and Bellamy didn't rate him. Probably one of the only mistakes he has made in his career. The only club that wanted him was NZ.

He became awesome in NZ, but also became homesick.

He also fought tooth and nail to stay at the Roosters but they backed Jackson Hastings in.

No doubt he will stay if we want him.

I hope that is indeed the case, i just look at him as mercenaryish

YTSharks

Juniors
It's $7 million this year, they are hoping for $10 mill from the new broadcast deal then it to go up. Considering the size of the deal it should be that too

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Chad has good hair.

Wade has nice eyes.

Gallen has huge balls.

Valentine has nice legs.

Bird is ugly as sin.

Brailey beats them all,

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Loots has great facial hair.

Feki is Feki.