What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legion

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Anyone catch the pilot of this show?

It's a new marvel comics series, based in the X-Men universe about David Haller (son of Charles Xavier). Directed and written by Noah Hawley, the guy behind the Fargo TV series. David Haller for anyone who doesn't know has multiple personality disorder, but his multiple personalities and projections all have different superpowers.

This is honestly one of the best pilots I've seen for a show in a very long time. I'm not usually a fan of comic book adaptations, but this isn't your average comic book adaptation. Highly recommended viewing!

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Last episode was great. It appears that they aren't having him be the son of Charles Xavier and making an alternate story, which is probably a smart move given the tone of the show.

It'll be interesting to see how they pace this moving forward as both the mental illness and anti-hero sides are both pretty compelling. They're also kind of mutually exclusive to some degree.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Love this so far, very different and a breath of fresh air from all the other superhero movies/shows.

Saving them all for what will be a very satisfying rewatch at the end of the season.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
f**k this show is good. That silent film sequence in the latest ep is one of the best things I've seen on TV.
Best show on TV now IMO.

Nothing else like it and it's done so damn well. I hope it gets traction and sticks around for a few years, I can see it being a brilliant show that has low viewership given how complex it is. Got chills when he put on Charles Xaviers voice in the lecture theatre, man I hope they find a smart way to tie him in.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Last episode was about the best thing i have seen on TV in yonks, pretty sure season 2 has got the go ahead.

Noah Hawley makes some excellent TV, loved both his series of Fargo.

elyod138

Bench
Just got around to watching the final episode, it was a strong finish.

I can't wait for season 2.

Jemaine Clement and Aubrey Plaza are going to be great to watch together.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Best show on TV now IMO.

Nothing else like it and it's done so damn well. I hope it gets traction and sticks around for a few years, I can see it being a brilliant show that has low viewership given how complex it is. Got chills when he put on Charles Xaviers voice in the lecture theatre, man I hope they find a smart way to tie him in.

Pretty much what I thought immediately after watching the first episode.

Hannibal was another series that I thought suffered a similar fate but still managed to squeeze out the 3 seasons. Legion though has extra mind f**kery so who knows.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Just rewatched season 1. So bloody beautiful. Just started season 2 and it's just the best show going around at the moment.

Xcalibre

Juniors
I don't like most tv series but the premise for this sounded intriguing and I was looking for something to swap for a movie I returned. Got season 1 on bluray and have just watched the first 3 eps and am pretty psyched about it.

Total spooky mindf**k and love the acting, particularly those that play David and Melanie, and Aubrey Plaza is great. Completely different actress to the rubbish she played in some recent trash films. Sydney is good too.

It's extremely bingeworthy. Cliffhangers at the end of each episode.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I don't like most tv series but the premise for this sounded intriguing and I was looking for something to swap for a movie I returned. Got season 1 on bluray and have just watched the first 3 eps and am pretty psyched about it.

Total spooky mindf**k and love the acting, particularly those that play David and Melanie, and Aubrey Plaza is great. Completely different actress to the rubbish she played in some recent trash films. Sydney is good too.

It's extremely bingeworthy. Cliffhangers at the end of each episode.

Season 2 was pretty good as well. Not quite as good as season 1 as it's a little disjointed. But better than Westworld season 2.

azzah72

Bench
I enjoyed S2, I liked they pulled the trigger on Haller as well.

S3 could be particularly interesting.

I admit sometimes they get bonkers and I am just confused with whats going on but it all sorts itself out in the end and becomes pretty great.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Season 2 was pretty good as well. Not quite as good as season 1 as it's a little disjointed. But better than Westworld season 2.

Cool, I'll see how I go as I tend to get bored of even the shows I like.

I almost bought Westworld s.2 but saw the first episode which turned me off.

I'm gonna stay out of this thread until I've seen all of season 1 as there's too many spoilers.