What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco rumour

Gareth67

First Grade
Yep, I cried for hours when they lost the semi final match against Canterbury / Bankstown in 1967. I was 13 at the time.

Mate , that was such a sad day for so many of us and I can assure you that you weren't the only one shedding a few tears .

The only difference was , that mine were in my beer . Come to think of it , it was the worst bluudy beer I ever had in my life !

But still we had a great run and it was time for other teams to have their time in the sun , at least we have great memories and no one can ever take them away from us .

Cronulla - Sutherland is a bit like the middle east conflict and creates a land divide between St George and the Illawarra.
Maybe it should have been St George Cronulla and Illawarra Sutherland or St George Sutherland and Cronulla Illawarra?

Or maybe it should have been St George Illawarra Dragons and the Western (piss off to WA) Sharks :grin:

Drakon

Juniors
Mate , that was such a sad day for so many of us and I can assure you that you weren't the only one shedding a few tears .

The only difference was , that mine were in my beer . Come to think of it , it was the worst bluudy beer I ever had in my life !

But still we had a great run and it was time for other teams to have their time in the sun , at least we have great memories and no one can ever take them away from us .
It was a sad day. I still remember the shock. I was 10 years old.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Cronulla - Sutherland is a bit like the middle east conflict and creates a land divide between St George and the Illawarra.
Maybe it should have been St George Cronulla and Illawarra Sutherland or St George Sutherland and Cronulla Illawarra?

Or ..... St George Illawarra with nothing in between.

St Georgio

Juniors
Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
It Should have been the St George Sutherland Dragons but those f**kers sold themselves to the Devil, anyway I love living In Mortdale and cruising to Kiama.

possm

Coach
After Super League it should have been Southern Districts - includes St George, Cronulla and Illawarra. A real super club with 3 leagues Clubs to support it and a junior catchment area larger than any other in the league.

While we're at it:
St George / Cronulla / Illawarra should have been the joint venture call Southern Districts.
Canterbury / Wests should have been the joint venture called South West Sydney.
Balmain / Parramatta should have been a joint venture called Sydney Inner-West.
South Sydney / Eastern Suburbs should have been a joint venture called Sydney City.
Manly / North Sydney should have been called Northern Eagles and given more NRL help.

These were the hard decisions unable to be made by the NRL mainly because of vested interest of those in control. 5 Sydney first grade clubs with the former clubs keeping their former names in NsW Cup as feeder clubs for the new joint ventures.

With this policy there would have been plenty of opportunity to establish Clubs fielding first grade teams outside of Sydney. Adelaide, Perth, Rockhampton, Geelong, Sunshine Coast etc.

Last edited:

red rocket

Juniors
After Super League it should have been Southern Districts - includes St George, Cronulla and Illawarra. A real super club with 3 leagues Clubs to support it and a junior catchment area larger than any other in the league.

While we're at it:
St George / Cronulla / Illawarra should have been the joint venture call Southern Districts.
Canterbury / Wests should have been the joint venture called South West Sydney.
Balmain / Parramatta should have been a joint venture called Sydney Inner-West.
South Sydney / Eastern Suburbs should have been a joint venture called Sydney City.
Manly / North Sydney should have been called Northern Eagles and given more NRL help.

These were the hard decisions unable to be made by the NRL mainly because of vested interest of those in control. 5 Sydney first grade clubs with the former clubs keeping their former names in NsW Cup as feeder clubs for the new joint ventures.

With this policy there would have been plenty of opportunity to establish Clubs fielding first grade teams outside of Sydney. Adelaide, Perth, Rockhampton, Geelong, Sunshine Coast etc.
Great post possm makes to much sense for the idiots that run the show unfortunately they will have sheilas playing netball at halftime shortly the way they are running the game. Bring back the biff I say. And there was never nothing like the old smelling salts to clear the head

Latest posts