What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop or Dugan? and who replaces them?

MilanDragon

Juniors
Taking into consideraton what Millward has said abut our roster and the possibility that Mary will not be head coach, I'd be happy with the following:

1. Field
2. MacDonald 2019
3. Dugan
4. Lafai
5. Mann
6. Widdop (C) 2020
7. Hunt 2021
8. Vaughan 2019
9. McInnes 2018
10. Packer
11. Frizz 2020
12. Thompson 2018
13. JDB 2020
14. Sims 2019
15. LAM 2018
16. Host/Leilua/Sele/Kerr
17. Aitken 2019

I imagine we would start the year with Dugan at fullback and Mann or Aitken at 3 however, if Field makes the grade, the above team would be our first choice side for most of 2018.

I can't see all 3 of Lafai, Mann and Dugan being kept.

Actually I don't think both Lafai and Mann will be kept, I have a feeling it'll be one or the other. As good as they are I'm okay with them leaving if it means we free up cap space, keep Dugan and then happy to promote a junior into centres and then on the wing if Nightingale goes (I think he will play one more season, especially with this roster and a possible premiership).

Now if Dugan leaves, I'd really want to keep Mann especially, given utility value too.

SaintHarry

Juniors
BULLDOGS !!!!! Remember they were in the hunt for Tedesco and just missed out at the last minute, and let's not forget Knights. So just there there is 3.

If bulldogs sign woods and Foran they can't afford what Dugan is asking for without scrapping players who are already contracted so having to pay them out is included in your cap that's bulldogs out of the way.. as for knights they signed ponga to play fullback next year there not going to pay Dugan that coin to play in the centres ... 0

Old Timer

Coach
Letting go the 2 key players some said should be let go was outstanding advice.
I am really glad we replaced Widdop with Widdop an outstanding piece of recruitment.
Now hopefully we can replace Dugan with Dugan as that would also be astute recruitment.
Get this done and things are definitely looking up around the place in all departments.

possm

Coach
If bulldogs sign woods and Foran they can't afford what Dugan is asking for without scrapping players who are already contracted so having to pay them out is included in your cap that's bulldogs out of the way.. as for knights they signed ponga to play fullback next year there not going to pay Dugan that coin to play in the centres ... 0
Not so. If the Dogs have B Moz on say 600k and they want to let him go, B Moz of instance could be signed by another club for 600k of which the Dogs would pay 300k. As far as the cap goes, both clubs would be spending 300k of cap. That gives the Dogs 300k to put towards the 800k they are currently paying for Hoppa. So there you go, Hoppa and B Moz gone and Dugan arrives. Then promote a junior to B Moz's wing spot.

hazzbeen

Bench
Not so. If the Dogs have B Moz on say 600k and they want to let him go, B Moz of instance could be signed by another club for 600k of which the Dogs would pay 300k. As far as the cap goes, both clubs would be spending 300k of cap. That gives the Dogs 300k to put towards the 800k they are currently paying for Hoppa. So there you go, Hoppa and B Moz gone and Dugan arrives. Then promote a junior to B Moz's wing spot.
Possm that sounds easy . How about you take over from Millward we might just be able to keep our players ......

possm

Coach
Twenty years ago I might have put my hand up. At the time I was happy coach school juniors. However, I have done time presiding over various not for profit groups and charities as well as owning my own successful business.

I'm sure we don't know all the facts and so may be on the wrong track however, on here you can only rely on the info in the public arena, unless like some on this forum, you have reliable inside info.

possm

Coach
If Duges moves on I doubt it will be Nighty who takes his place. I'd say it would be an off contract player from Broncos, Warriors, Roosters or Dogs who has played fullback - fulltime or part time on a two year deal allowing Field to be tested for fist grade.

Latest posts