What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN NEXT

SaintElroy

Juniors
For what it is worth Graeme Hughes took great pleasure today passing on his mail that Dugan has signed with the Dogs and during the cooling of period the Dragons upped their offer but Dugan knocked it back and will be leaving. I don't rate Hughes so not sure how true this might be.

Grain of salt mate, they also said des had signed with us and was in his way. They love stirring us in that show

mickeylane

Bench
Looks like DUGAN will be announced by Bulldogs next week !! Just heard ABC Radio saying there are strong rumours he will be announced next week by the Bulldogs -
Hello Gagai!!

possm

Coach
Alright, if Duges is gone, who do we look to for a replacement? Be that at Fullback or Centre.
You'll all hate me for saying this ...................................... Go for Hayne. We are a Club that can turn players around. Hayne is a quality fullback who when he is on track, can win a game single handed. He can play wing, centre and five-eighth if needed - in case of an injury etc.

possm

Coach
If we can't afford Dugan what chance do we have of Hayne? Could have had teddy for the same price.
Hayne already has a TPA which wasn't organised by the Titans, so offer him close to Dugan money and there you go, we have Hayne. It is clear he is not happy at the Titans. So at least give it a go.

DF4E

Juniors
If Dugan goes to the dogs for a better offer than what we came up with and if the rumours about Foran and Woods are true re going to the dogs. How are they able to afford those three players, I know tpa's will be the reason but even with those it is still a lot of money out of their cap.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
The club should set a standard and not go anywhere near Hayne. I don't care if you're a match winner, if you're an egotist and think that you can slack off whenever you want whilst everyone else puts in the hard yards you can f**k right off.

Saintsified

Bench
I have said it before and now again.

Josh is not an elite player. He is a good player who runs hard and defends well. Occasionally makes a break and a long run but normally reeled in quickly due to lack of high end speed. I believe he still lives off the prodigious talent of 5years ago. He is now not as effective as then. Please at $830k? I'd pay Tedesco that however, and a bit more.

Full marks to Josh for nailing that kick on the weekend. However, every week players kick conversions from the sideline. Every week players on half the money Josh wants score great trys, some from a long way out. The increasing criticised on this forum Nene Mc scored an amazing powerhouse try from 20 out on the weekend to set the final kick up. Hardly a mention of credit on the forum to Nene. Yet if that was Josh and not Nene many posters on here would be saying 'sign him ' ' pay him the $1 million Doust' ' hurry up the Dogs will sign him' blah blah.

For the record I am not against Josh, he is a good NRL player and brings a bit of character to the team. But many with rose coloured glasses on here. Let Josh go and invest in keeping Lafai (now at his best) and pick up a faster and more creative up and coming fullback.

Still I acknowledge many would disagree.
Not elite? you're nuts mate, origin and Aust regular spells elite to me.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Hayne already has a TPA which wasn't organised by the Titans, so offer him close to Dugan money and there you go, we have Hayne. It is clear he is not happy at the Titans. So at least give it a go.

Haynes' TPA is with TripADeal and TripADeal see the Gold Coast (team/region) as pivotal to their sponsorship/TPA support of Hayne. If he leaves the GC he can say goodbye to that.

Norm Black (Owner TripADeal) is/was however a Dragons supporter since he was a kid.......shame he isn't in the mining or steel business.

TruSaint

Referee
Haynes' TPA is with TripADeal and TripADeal see the Gold Coast (team/region) as pivotal to their sponsorship/TPA support of Hayne. If he leaves the GC he can say goodbye to that..

Correct... Those TPA's would be I would think are subject to Hayne paying on the GC ?

possm

Coach
The club should set a standard and not go anywhere near Hayne. I don't care if you're a match winner, if you're an egotist and think that you can slack off whenever you want whilst everyone else puts in the hard yards you can f**k right off.
Hayne is a professional and I'm sure knows he can't continue on this way. He needs a fresh start and is just the player we need to win a GF in 2018. He can:
Play in a number of positions.
Kick in general play and kick goals.
Can chime in and give an accurate pass both to the left and right.
Has a good step and evasive skills.
Has a good turn of speed.
Is a big game player who can turn a game in the blink of an eye.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The Dugan saga is reminding me about Leilua, how everyone reported he had signed with the Bulldogs, and how he would be fitting in to their team etc etc. I think Graeme Hughes actually stated on a broadcast game that Leilua was a done deal and would be playing for the Bulldogs the following year.

So, if Dugan wants to leave the fire breathing Dragons to become a filthy Dog, so be it. But I'm sure a few of our boys will be more than happy to greet him in their special way when they meet next year.

Let's hope these rumours are just shit stirring us, trying to unsettle the team as we are punching way above others expectations, and some don't like it!

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I think Field is genuinely a long term fullback option if he can put on some weight over this season and in the off-season. With his speed and ball playing ability he could be anything playing at fullback and with the way that Millward is not going out of his way to find a fullback replacement, I would say that is his plan.

His height was never an issue, he's actually taller than Slater, Coote, Barba, Tedesco, Milford, C.Walker, Gordon and past players like Langer and Lockyer.
He's even taller than forwards like Paul Gallen.
Then kid just needs some more meat on his bones and we will never be talking about his size again.