What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

giboz71

First Grade
Think you might see something like this next year..

1. Field
2. Macdonald
3. Dugan
4. Lafai
5. Garrick/Thompson/Mann
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

Really like that backline.

Although agree with Coast, you'll probably see Herbert pushing for a wing position ahead of Thompson.

Drakon

Juniors
Nighty will be there next year. The wing spot will be his and Nene on the other side.

Saintsified

Bench
Nightingale needs to retire...
452e93bc50723ae9bbd2ecf6972d5228_please-explain-meme-memesuper-please-explain-meme_659-399.jpeg

hazzbeen

Bench
Agree he is after a 2 year extension and I am sure he will get it .
Nighty has been good for a long time but I say no to a two year extention . The wingers these days are bigger and faster , what Nighty does well is read the play and his positioning are his assets . But I dont think it will be enough to continue playing . Love to keep him my heart says yes but logic says no ....

Bench
Back on Topic. Hunt is reported has begun training.
The worst part of all this is that I watch Brisbane on TV just to see how he is going.

Drakon

Juniors
Nighty has been good for a long time but I say no to a two year extention . The wingers these days are bigger and faster , what Nighty does well is read the play and his positioning are his assets . But I dont think it will be enough to continue playing . Love to keep him my heart says yes but logic says no ....
Damn! Dugan injured. Who would play fullback if Nighty wasn't there?!

The Doc

Juniors
Im looking forward to seeing Hunt and Widdop.
I think over the next 4 years Hunt and Widdop will make some of our young forwards shine.
As mentioned by TomRedVRiver, similar to how thurston and cooper are, and pearce and cordner.
And if we promote some of these young backs, getting ball from Hunt and Milford, they will shine also.
An excellent halves pairing improves the entire team.
And next year, actually the next 4 years, an excellent halves pairing is what we have.

The Doc

Juniors
Hunt/Frizell could become the new Thurston/Cooper and Pearce/Cordner combination.
We got similar with Widdop and Thomo.
Agree 100% Hunt and frizz will flourish.
Also, young guns like Host and Sele will benefit greatly too.
I remember the Hornby/Creagh days. Creagh was a damaging backrower running off Hornby.
Those days will return but with back rowers on both sides running amuck.
Ill tell you who i think will hit beast mode, Simms!.
I know he plays in the middle but balls from Hunt will see his game go back to the early days where he terrorised defences.
Good days ahead.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
One of the other great things about Hunt signing is that we now have options for our backline.
If we manage to hold onto Dugan/Mann/Milne/Lafai the amount of shifting we can do will be awesome, lots of players vying for positions. Obviously it's highly unlikely we can hold onto all of them, but in the event that we can lock most of them up, we could be looking at these potential variations..

1. Dugan
2. Macdonald
3. Milne/Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Herbert/Mann
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

OR

1. Field
2. Macdonald
3. Dugan
4. Lafai
5. Herbert/Mann
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

OR

1. Widdop
2. Macdonald
3. Dugan
4. Lafai
5. Herbert/Mann
6. Field
7. Hunt

Any of these backlines, couple with our current forward pack, can 100% challenge the Premiership.

Old Timer

Coach
Damn! Dugan injured. Who would play fullback if Nighty wasn't there?!
Great question and up until we started winning games this year it was going to be Dufty.
Marvellous how a few wins removed the shine off his star and it seems to have well and truly set in the west not to rise again anytime soon.
Now was the very moment that Dufty could have been trialled but as I say a few wins has seen the fan base agree with Mary's super conservative nature and when we lose a few games with Nighty at the back it will quickly change and he will cop a tongue lashing for it.
Too many people in here that change courses far too quickly and speak with forked tongues.
A few wins seems to appease far too many people far too easily.