What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra

strider

Post Whore
FFS, what catalyst was there for domestic violence discussion without the charges against Semi? It was a discussion of the charges at the time. When is she supposed to talk about it?

I'm going to make an impassioned plea against NRL players using date rape drugs. It's not relevant now but it's potentially going to be relevant over the next twenty years so what the hell...?
Would Erin have been upset if when she was named in court had someone come out and said - i dont mean you Erin, but its terrible that television hosts have affairs with married men, blah blah blah .... i suspect she might have not liked it

Bazal

Post Whore
What? All we have heard about for the last week is the outrage of drug use in the NRL. And 2 of those cases have admitted guilt

You misunderstand me.

People are pissed at Erin Molan for talking about domestic violence after an NRL player was charged with domestic violence.

All this week, drugs in the NRL have been a hot topic after players and administrators have been caught with them. But no one is up in arms about the timing of that discussion, are they?

Why is Molan different? Why should she not speak about current issues in the game as she did with Semi?

Bazal

Post Whore
Would Erin have been upset if when she was named in court had someone come out and said - i dont mean you Erin, but its terrible that television hosts have affairs with married men, blah blah blah .... i suspect she might have not liked it

Well that's probably because she didn't actually have an affair with anyone....Semi was right to be angry about the way he was treated by the press and the NRL, no doubt. But Erin Molan made a general comment about DV based on a current NRL event. That's pretty much her job description. The hate she's copping for it is utterly nonsensical.

strider

Post Whore
You misunderstand me.

People are pissed at Erin Molan for talking about domestic violence after an NRL player was charged with domestic violence.

All this week, drugs in the NRL have been a hot topic after players and administrators have been caught with them. But no one is up in arms about the timing of that discussion, are they?

Why is Molan different? Why should she not speak about current issues in the game as she did with Semi?
Not sure any of the coke accused are denying they had cocaine .... semi was claiming his innocence

Noise

Coach
Well that's probably because she didn't actually have an affair with anyone....Semi was right to be angry about the way he was treated by the press and the NRL, no doubt. But Erin Molan made a general comment about DV based on a current NRL event. That's pretty much her job description. The hate she's copping for it is utterly nonsensical.

Including Erin Molan? Which press does he have a right to be angry with? And why can he be angry at some press but not Molan?

Happy MEel

First Grade
You misunderstand me.

I guess the difference is that there is some pretty damning evidence that is accompanying the drug discussion.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not sure any of the coke accused are denying they had cocaine .... semi was claiming his innocence

And she said right at the start that he was innocent until proven otherwise.

Why can she not enter discussion about domestic violence when an NRL player is charged with domestic violence? No one will answer that....

Bazal

Post Whore
Including Erin Molan? Which press does he have a right to be angry with? And why can he be angry at some press but not Molan?

Where did I say he couldn't? Semi can be angry with whoever he likes. I wouldn't agree with him if he was angry at Molan over this particular statement, but you're putting words in my mouth here.

Why is she not allowed to comment?

strider

Post Whore
She effectively linked Semi to guilt by her comments - surely you can see that .... i would bet my left nut the lead in prsumption of innocence sentence was given to her by the ch9 legal department

By simply saying big name league superstars commit domestic violence and saying Semi's name at the start, 90% of people will go, yeah he did it

Gazzamatta

Coach
Erin started with the disclaimer to cover herself if Semi was innocent. A cowards way to accuse. Karma is indeed a bitch.

Ignoring the specifics of this case, I would point out that the fact that someone is found not guilty of an assault doesn't mean that the accuser fabricated their claims. As well as the simple fact that a guilty verdict requires establishing guilt beyond reasonable doubt (and fair enough too), it is also possible that both parties have genuinely held, but different, opinions/ recollection of what happened in the heat of the moment.

strider

Post Whore
Where did I say he couldn't? Semi can be angry with whoever he likes. I wouldn't agree with him if he was angry at Molan over this particular statement, but you're putting words in my mouth here.

Why is she not allowed to comment?
So Semi can be angry it linked him to being guilty, but no one else can?

Happy MEel

First Grade
I'm pretty sure the press never said Semi was guilty either or they would be up for one enormous law suit. If you believe Semi doesnt have grounds to be angry at Erin then he doesn't have grounds to be angry at the press. They use the art of association.

Bazal

Post Whore
She effectively linked Semi to guilt by her comments - surely you can see that .... i would bet my left nut the lead in prsumption of innocence sentence was given to her by the ch9 legal department

By simply saying big name league superstars commit domestic violence and saying Semi's name at the start, 90% of people will go, yeah he did it

So she's to blame because 90% of league fans are easily lead mongoloids? She said IF he (or ANY high profile NRL player) was found guilty then the NRL needed to take a strong stance.

Do you disagree?

Bazal

Post Whore
So Semi can be angry it linked him to being guilty, but no one else can?

What?

I said Semi can be angry with whoever he likes, but he'd be wrong here. It never linked him to guilt in any way. It was a comment on the seriousness of domestic violence and the disparity in the NRL's approach in the past to incidents involving big name players....he was the knucklehead who happened to have been charged at the time.

Latest posts