What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra

Bazal

Post Whore
So which comments in the press do you think he has a right to be angry at if not Molan's? And how were they different to Molan's?

Molan made one comment, relevant to a discussion she was having.

The wider press had him all over the rags for months. It's not about specific comments, it's about the fact that they lead with his problems for months.

But continue avoiding the question.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I can't even tell if you are serious here???
I'm saying everyone has issues where they see their group (e.g. women or Indian small business owners) as being the victims. They will naturally focus their outrage on those issues rather than the issues where their group is the perpetrator.

strider

Post Whore
So she's to blame because 90% of league fans are easily lead mongoloids? She said IF he (or ANY high profile NRL player) was found guilty then the NRL needed to take a strong stance.

Do you disagree?
Yeah she is to blame cos its entirely obvious most people will link it as guilt

Noise

Coach
Molan made one comment, relevant to a discussion she was having.

The wider press had him all over the rags for months. It's not about specific comments, it's about the fact that they lead with his problems for months.

But continue avoiding the question.

So if 20 different journalists all wrote/said one thing at different times linking Semi to domestic violence that is ok?

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm saying everyone has issues where they see their group (e.g. women or Indian small business owners) as being the victims. They will naturally focus their outrage on those issues rather than the issues where their group is the perpetrator.

Personally I'm outraged that Yvonne Sampson, Jess Yates, Lara Pitt et al haven't condemned the women in the SKD and El Masri cases either....

Wait, no, they are well liked in the NRL fanbase so it's cool.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah she is to blame cos its entirely obvious most people will link it as guilt

Ok, so flip it. They're discussing Semi and the charges and she says exactly the same thing but without the preface that he deserves the assumption of innocence. Which is worse?

You can't just paste her for making a comment in a discussion she was involved in. That is literally her job. She made a perfectly reasonable comment in a discussion about a star NRL player being charged with domestic violence.

strider

Post Whore
What?

I said Semi can be angry with whoever he likes, but he'd be wrong here. It never linked him to guilt in any way. It was a comment on the seriousness of domestic violence and the disparity in the NRL's approach in the past to incidents involving big name players....he was the knucklehead who happened to have been charged at the time.
I think you've been eating a bad puffer fish if you honestly cant see that it suggested semi's guilt

And dont get me wrong, i dont think anything proved him entirely innocent

But she wasnt happy when someone suggested she was guilty of having an affair before anything proved otherwise - so i can understand people going with the karma card

Bazal

Post Whore
So if 20 different journalists all wrote/said one thing at different times linking Semi to domestic violence that is ok?

Are you geniused or just hoping to post enough nonsense to confuse me into forgetting that you haven't actually got a response to a very simple question?

Bazal

Post Whore
I think you've been eating a bad puffer fish if you honestly cant see that it suggested semi's guilt

And dont get me wrong, i dont think anything proved him entirely innocent

But she wasnt happy when someone suggested she was guilty of having an affair before anything proved otherwise - so i can understand people going with the karma card

SHE NEVER SUGGESTED HE WAS GUILTY!!!! Holy f**k....seriously mate, Noise I expect to be a bit of a spanner....

Noise

Coach
Would you be okay with this comment Bazal after a terrorist attack:

Now I want to preface this by saying not all muslims are terrorists and everyone shoud be given the assumption of innocence. But if you see a bearded man walking out of a mosque with a backpack you should run and then call the police. We need to take a stand against terrorists. And if we don't, we are telling every man woman and child that it is ok to blow merkins up

f**k no.

strider

Post Whore
Ok, so flip it. They're discussing Semi and the charges and she says exactly the same thing but without the preface that he deserves the assumption of innocence. Which is worse?

You can't just paste her for making a comment in a discussion she was involved in. That is literally her job. She made a perfectly reasonable comment in a discussion about a star NRL player being charged with domestic violence.
My point is the blah blah presumption of innocence blah blah effectively means nothing but covering channel 9's ass

Bazal

Post Whore
Would you be okay with this comment Bazal after a terrorist attack:

Now I want to preface this by saying not all muslims are terrorists and everyone shoud be given the assumption of guilt. But if you see a bearded man walking out of a mosque with a backpack you should run and then call the police. We need to take a stand against terrorists. And if we don't, we are telling every man woman and child that it is ok to blow merkins up

That has absolutely nothing to do with what she said, you dipshit....

Bazal

Post Whore
My point is the blah blah presumption of innocence blah blah effectively means nothing but covering channel 9's ass

So you reckon she should have just declined to comment on an issue she is very passionate about (and supportive of)?

What the f**k is the point in that? How does she do her cause any good by clamming up?

What I see is that the person who said it made all the difference. Call it sexism, it probably is from some quarters, but honestly so many people just dislike Molan so they are pre-disposed to attack her over things like this. People will take the point of view that feeds their existing bias.

Noise

Coach
That has absolutely nothing to do with what she said, you dipshit....

How is it different? It links guilt. If you can't see how she linked Semi to being guilty of domestic violence without saying it then you are more simple than I thought

Happy MEel

First Grade
Personally I'm outraged that Yvonne Sampson, Jess Yates, Lara Pitt et al haven't condemned the women in the SKD and El Masri cases either....

Wait, no, they are well liked in the NRL fanbase so it's cool.
Did they have a monologue on DV at the exact time when either Semi, SKD or Hasim were Charged?

By all means Erin could and should have gone to town when Edwards and and Kirisome were convicted but you have to be pretty naive to think that she didn't know what she was doing suggesting Semi was guilty.

Happy MEel

First Grade
And she said right at the start that he was innocent until proven otherwise.

Why can she not enter discussion about domestic violence when an NRL player is charged with domestic violence? No one will answer that....
Then why can't Fairfax media and the rest of the press enter a discussion on an alleged affair that was raised in court?

Bazal

Post Whore
How is it different? It links guilt. If you can't see how she linked Semi to being guilty of domestic violence without saying it then you are more simple than I thought

Where did Erin Molan say that anyone who sees an NRL player with a woman should call the police?
Where did she say that he should be assumed guilty?
Where did she say that the NRL should do a single thing without a guilty verdict?

Where did she in any way say anything but the NRL needed to take a strong stand against domestic violence?

strider

Post Whore

Im not trying to give her a pasting - i like her .... , i am just saying i can understand why people think she did the wrong thing .... i agree with gronk that she probably needed to wait til he was found guilty to have a rant

Bazal

Post Whore
Did they have a monologue on DV at the exact time when either Semi, SKD or Hasim were Charged?

By all means Erin could and should have gone to town when Edwards and and Kirisome were convicted but you have to be pretty naive to think that she didn't know what she was doing suggesting Semi was guilty.

You have to be pretty small minded and one eyed to believe that she was suggesting guilt.