What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016/17 Premier League

saint.nick

Coach
Oh

I see your motivation here..

As an impartial looking in from the outside I have a very different view it seems.
There's no partial motivation here, I was happy to recognise and appreciate what they achieved under Fergie. I'm just calling it how I see it. Blunt people who don't wanna sugarcoat shit, like Roy Keane, will agree with me.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Is beating European minnows success for a club like Man United? Hardly. Looking at the bigger picture, it's just a trophy to congratulate them on making the Champions League.
Yes it is, they've competed in a competition and won it. Your measuring their success based on the past success they had. They're clearly not in the same position at the moment.

Just because you don't rate it doesn't mean anyone else shouldn't. Seems you're upset because other fans are happy at winning a competition their side was in.

I guess LFC should take their UEFA cups out of the trophy cabinet since its such a mickeys mouse competition.

saint.nick

Coach
Yes it is, they've competed in a competition and won it. Your measuring their success based on the past success they had. They're clearly not in the same position at the moment.

Just because you don't rate it doesn't mean anyone else shouldn't. Seems you're upset because other fans are happy at winning a competition their side was in.

I guess LFC should take their UEFA cups out of the trophy cabinet since its such a mickeys mouse competition.
- But they should be in the same position at the moment, Jack. That's the whole point. Their expectation this season was to be in at least near the same position as they were in the past. That's why they hired Mourinho and bought the world's most expensive player. But they've fallen well short of that. As soon as their season started to unravel they wheeled out the transition excuse.

- Yes, they won a competition against second-rate European teams. That kind of context is why cliches such as 'well they won a competition' are redundant.

-The fact United fans are happy about it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's the fact of how they've gloated about winning a cheap trophy to their rivals.

- LFC can keep all of their UEFA cups for all I care, but I don't judge our club's greatness partly on how many UEFA Cups we've accumulated.

Haffa

Times have changed since they last won the League and CL. They've lost a tonne of leadership. I think everyone overestimated where they were last season, that squad is weak and in need of a fair bit more investment. They did finish the season with a massive injury list too. They were up for so long their fall was always going to be massive.

saint.nick

Coach
Times have changed since they last won the League and CL. They've lost a tonne of leadership. I think everyone overestimated where they were last season, that squad is weak and in need of a fair bit more investment. They did finish the season with a massive injury list too. They were up for so long their fall was always going to be massive.

Man Utd have more onfield leadership than Liverpool yet Liverpool placed 7 points ahead of them in the top 4. Mourinho spent 150m pounds (while breaking a transfer record), and got Zlatan on a free. They should have been making a title challenge. People weren't overestimating at all, they were fair expectations.

Haffa

Yeah and United won a couple of trophies and Liverpool won nothing. I know which I'd prefer.

Jimbo

Immortal

Indeed

Why do you need an excuse for something the press says didn't happen?

It's ironic that the forum's self-appointed moral arbiter has a hatred so strong that he has to try this hard to justify it

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Is beating European minnows really a success for a club like Man United? Hardly. Looking at the bigger picture, it's just a trophy to congratulate them on making the Champions League. The way you measure success is all relative.

minnows are the teams that dont make UCL or Europa, some of the Europa teams played in the UCL qualifiers

Mong

Post Whore
Indeed

Why do you need an excuse for something the press says didn't happen?

It's ironic that the forum's self-appointed moral arbiter has a hatred so strong that he has to try this hard to justify it

Hatred?

Many Lolz...

Mong

Post Whore
The fact United fans are happy about it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's the fact of how they've gloated about winning a cheap trophy to their rivals.

Welcome to being a fan of a club and discussing football with fans of other clubs.

Guaranteed if the roles were reversed Liverpool fans would be doing the exact same.

If that gets you so upset then perhaps you shouldn't expose yourself to such situations.

saint.nick

Coach
Welcome to being a fan of a club and discussing football with fans of other clubs.

Guaranteed if the roles were reversed Liverpool fans would be doing the exact same.

If that gets you so upset then perhaps you shouldn't expose yourself to such situations.
Perhaps Liverpool fans would be. But do I speak for all Liverpool fans? I already massively disagree with one Liverpool fan over this, and I already kind of cringe at the way we banged on about a 'treble' in '01.

Mong

Post Whore
Each to their own with what they choose to celebrate.. Easy enough to ignore if you don't agree.. You won't get far telling fans what they should or shouldn't be celebrating..

saint.nick

Coach
Each to their own with what they choose to celebrate.. Easy enough to ignore if you don't agree.. You won't get far telling fans what they should or shouldn't be celebrating..
can you at least try to read my posts properly before making a comment? As you seem to be with John Terry, you're so far off the mark in relation to what I'm saying its ridiculous.

Mong

Post Whore
Yeah.. Ok

You're whinging that Man U fans are celebrating and saying things you don't like.

Stop crying about it..

saint.nick

Coach
Yeah.. Ok

You're whinging that Man U fans are celebrating and saying things you don't like.

Stop crying about it..
I've said many times I don't care they're celebrating. Just because you can pull that alternative fact out of your arse that doesn't make it true. Lolz.

Mong

Post Whore
You don't like the way they are celebrating winning a "cheap trophy"

You've said it yourself earlier..

saint.nick

Coach
And you seem to have lost sight of what football banter actually is, fans saying things that other fans 'don't like', and those other fans responding.