What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs Foran's Warriors Game Day Thread

Gazzamatta

Coach
Im pretty sure The Warriors didnt score a point while Scott was on the field. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

84 Baby

Referee
Gus really had trouble trying to compliment the eels tonight.

Moses went alright i thought he's always been a rocks or diamonds type of player and i dont see that changing

Gutho was just outstanding and on current form i'd put him at FB with Bevan on the wing when norman is fit
I reckon Gus, and Sterlo as well, was saying something constructive about Moses but when they showed the close up of him on Mannerings try... well IMO at least he didn't over read the play, he knew exactly what was coming and I reckon they picked up on that too. Got to put your body on the line son

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How dependable is David Gower!

He will never win a MOTM award ... he's as skinny as f**k and doesnt get attention for big hits or runs ... but he always does a job whenever he gets the call up

His runs are strangely effective - turns and make metres going backwards ... has a wonderful offload - its safe, nearly always hits its mark and does it at the right times ..... defends will middle or edge
He has very good leg drive. That plus his footwork and playmaking make him a dangerous attacking forward.

strider

Post Whore
Im pretty sure The Warriors didnt score a point while Scott was on the field. Can anyone confirm or refute this?
Hmmmm ... you may be right

Im watching the replay now ... he just came off at 26-12 and they scored soon after ... lets see when he comes back on

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And he is better than Mannah in every way yet when Timmy gets back......
Mannah works a lot harder and is more effective in the wrestle. That is his role and it's what we need from him. Gower plays a completely different role. In fact his role is similar to Brown's without the workrate.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He also seems to play by the 'run at spaces not faces' mantra.
That's right. He appears to have the freedom to make attacking runs rather than just settling to a spot across the field. But most middle forward runs are to set up the next play. This is an area where Mannah is effective and Gower isn't.

strider

Post Whore
Hmmmm ... you may be right

Im watching the replay now ... he just came off at 26-12 and they scored soon after ... lets see when he comes back on
Yep, you are correct

I dont think he was on for any of their first 12 points ... and he definitely wasnt on for their last 12 .... was brought back on immediately after the warriors last try

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yep, you are correct

I dont think he was on for any of their first 12 points ... and he definitely wasnt on for their last 12 .... was brought back on immediately after the warriors last try
He started the year off slow but he has been immense lately. His hit ups have been pretty effective and his defence outstanding.

lingard

Coach
Moses kicking was still good. Found space and his bombs where great again. None ended up giving a 7 tackle set.
His only error was that dumb ball over sideline at a point it didnt need to be thrown.Best part is he will rememeber that.
Gutho made two great breaks from dummy half. And has Semi on his side with Manu and normally Jennings.... Moses has Tepai and Auvau and Hoffman.

Moses defense is the only thing that concerns me. But he has Auvua alongside and for first try and Matagi on inside. Moses needs time in gym and he be fine.
Against souths Gutherson was quite average. Moses was brilliant. People see, to forget fast.

Yep. Moses is used to having a faster and more skillfull centre/wing pairing outside him at the Tigers. Once we get Gutherson at right centre, Moses might be able to create more things in attack.

Bazal

Post Whore
Whats your love affair with Alvaro bazal. Last night he tried and did a job. I do not see how you had him in our top 3 players. What did he do any other prop couldnt of done? He still needs to work on his power game.

The better question is what's your problem with him? 120M made solely off hit ups in the middle is a big stat. Brown made 140M off hitups and only four more tackles and you're not whining about folks giving him points. Matagi only made 78M off hitups and you've said you could have given him points...

FYI Jesse Bromwich made 121M off hitups against the wooden spoon side....

Happy MEel

First Grade
Alvaro usually took that tough first run as well. Lost plenty of collisions but he has good balance and technique to bounce away and land on his front. It made the job easier for Scott, Edwards et al.
Merkin gave it to Matulino during a scrum as well.

Bazal

Post Whore
Alvaro usually took that tough first run as well. Lost plenty of collisions but he has good balance and technique to bounce away and land on his front. It made the job easier for Scott, Edwards et al.

Yep. He does the stuff that lets others look good, much like Cayless years ago or Mannah the last few seasons. Except most of the time poor Timmy didn't have anyone else to look good off the back of his work.

He had a big game and was one of quite a few players deserving of a point. Mr 8.5% just doesn't like him because he's an albino.

hindy111

Post Whore
The better question is what's your problem with him? 120M made solely off hit ups in the middle is a big stat. Brown made 140M off hitups and only four more tackles and you're not whining about folks giving him points. Matagi only made 78M off hitups and you've said you could have given him points...

FYI Jesse Bromwich made 121M off hitups against the wooden spoon side....

Matagi was his best game of the year.
Alvaro worked hard but is soft. Soft in the collision. He will never injure a player with a run or tackle.

I dont like Auvau in centres but a few of his runs from wing where important and brutal. One when he bowled Foran over was great.

You have 17 guys in team and the more physical each is the better chance of winning.

Bazal

Post Whore
Matagi was his best game of the year.
Alvaro worked hard but is soft. Soft in the collision. He will never injure a player with a run or tackle.

I dont like Auvau in centres but a few of his runs from wing where important and brutal. One when he bowled Foran over was great.

You have 17 guys in team and the more physical each is the better chance of winning.

Matagi made 78 real metres at 7.8m a run and padded his stats with kick off returns. I suppose they look good and catch the eye of the simple man....

Alvaro might not flatten people with his runs, but a lot of blokes who do also never get quick play the balls because they attract more defenders and they fight and wrestle, whilst Alvaro gets quick play the balls most tackles. He isn't soft, he does the tough work that blokes like Matagi and Vave won't do and he's smart enough to get the quick play the ball and allow us to build momentum.

Matagi hasn't made 120m off hit ups in a match all season and neither has Vave...you can argue til you're blue in the face, but this is a percentage dropping loss for you Mr 8.5%. Better to just admit you have a bias against the kid.

Latest posts