What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcrone or our season over.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
First time i've actually agreed with you about something Moz.

McCrone is genuinely stifling us in attack. I don't care how good he is defensively, I haven't seen one of his kicks find the grass this year and you can tell that he is well over a second slower than most players on the field.
- We gain some field position, he kicks the ball on the full into the in-goal and hands the opposition a 7 tackle set.
- We're fighting to gain momentum out of our half, he kicks a floater straight into the hands of the fullback and gives them free metres.
- He passes the ball too far from the opposition defensive line which gives the defence enough time to shift and shut it down.
- No speed or footwork, so that eliminated the opportunity to run the ball close to the line.

No imagination, no vision, no execution.

Backline to see out the year:
1. Dugan
2. Macdonald
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale
6. Mann
7. Widdop

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
I lost count of the number bombs we put up today where we could not contest. No pressure, McCrone needs to go.

Also, why is he kicking the ball over the sideline when we are behind by 14 points. If this is the experience we are needing then, please. Mann to Half, I know he can kick.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

McCrone is genuinely stifling us in attack. I don't care how good he is defensively, I haven't seen one of his kicks find the grass this year and you can tell that he is well over a second slower than most players on the field.
- We gain some field position, he kicks the ball on the full into the in-goal and hands the opposition a 7 tackle set.
- We're fighting to gain momentum out of our half, he kicks a floater straight into the hands of the fullback and gives them free metres.
- He passes the ball too far from the opposition defensive line which gives the defence enough time to shift and shut it down.
- No speed or footwork, so that eliminated the opportunity to run the ball close to the line.

1. Dugan
2. Macdonald
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale
6. Mann
7. Widdop

I agree tom
But Aitken want be ready next week
So I would put dufty in at fb move dugan to centre
But when Aitken is ready do as you say.
Perfect opportunity against the knights at kogarah.

Tuddy

Juniors

1. Dugan
2. Macdonald
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale
6. Mann
7. Widdop

I agree with everything except Nene at 2. The guys needs a rest to work on a few things like catching a ball and running straight and hard. He's a big guy that promises so much yet delivers so little.

Crossbow

Juniors
I say sack him only when Newcastle beat us twice.That will be rock bottom.Thats nearly a sack the coach moment too

Time to bite the bullet Paul.

Mann is worth a run at 7. Defensively very good today. Clearly more creative than Josh McCrone.

Would prefer to see McInnes kick from dummy half rather than McCrone being picked to kick in general play.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Season already just about over once Dillward let Packer & Dugan walk Down the path and out the gate.......along with the triple whammy of extending Mary's contract!! From that point we have been Phucked!

John moz

Juniors
Our backs are not to nrl standards .The forwards never give up well done boys .We need to change for the Newcastle game or our season over.I am over all the high hopes we see every year at this time of season.

Hawkins

Juniors
Just don't let him back in the ACT after you kick him to the curb

I'm going to call a friend, post a few federalies at the boarder just in case.

Dragsters

First Grade

1. Dugan
2. Macdonald
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale
6. Mann
7. Widdop

Yes.

Until Aitken is fit then I would play Nona at 7.

McCrone simply cannot wear the red V again.

Walpole

Juniors
It really is quite bizarre. Based on his "talents" McCrone is probably a reserve grade hooker at best yet here he is playing halfback in first grade. 150+ games in the NRL, the vast majority in the halves, and neither a long or short kicking game to speak of.

Makes you want Kris Keating back...