What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater. What would you pay?

BennyV

Referee
Lol@whinging that he's a grub. Or a merkin. And so on.

Who cares?! So was Jeremy Smith. So was Mick Weyman. Dugan. Packer. Marshall. The list goes on. Hated all the f**kers until they pulled on the Red V and put in for the team.

And yes, I hate Slater that much. He's a merkin and I hope he has his last remaining title stripped and his name wiped from the history books. I'd wish a career-ending injury on him, but the merkin apparently had one of those last year and now he's back, as dominant and ridiculously sharp as ever!

If he wanted to do right by Melbourne and make way for Munster to take the spot, yet still wanted to stay on, anyone who wouldnt take him in our team for a year is an idiot. The value that guys like Dufty, Marsters and co could get form a player of that calibre is out of this world. Plus, he's still a f**king weapon.

All that said...simply wont happen.

mickeylane

Bench
He is passed his used by date.
Looks like he is carrying a few injuries.
In his hey days he was the best Fullback.
Hell will freeze over before Billy the cat leaves Melbourne.
Dragons couldn't afford his asking price.

Its a big NO from me.

Yeah your right he looked shit on Wed.. Average player.. Can't run, pass, tackle..
Your kidding aren't you !!!!
the greatest fullback of all time - Changa couldn't defend like Slater.. Everything else attacking wise equal!!
You have to be careful criticising champions you look stupid and sounds like you don't know anything about the game !

FlameThrower

Bench
Will never happen so pretty pointless even thinking about it..he will retire as a 1 club player and expect the big 3 of the Stom to end up in the media or Foxsports..

Lol@whinging that he's a grub. Or a merkin. And so on.

Who cares?! So was Jeremy Smith. So was Mick Weyman. Dugan. Packer. Marshall. The list goes on. Hated all the f**kers until they pulled on the Red V and put in for the team.

And yes, I hate Slater that much. He's a merkin and I hope he has his last remaining title stripped and his name wiped from the history books. I'd wish a career-ending injury on him, but the merkin apparently had one of those last year and now he's back, as dominant and ridiculously sharp as ever!

If he wanted to do right by Melbourne and make way for Munster to take the spot, yet still wanted to stay on, anyone who wouldnt take him in our team for a year is an idiot. The value that guys like Dufty, Marsters and co could get form a player of that calibre is out of this world. Plus, he's still a f**king weapon.

All that said...simply wont happen.

Jeremy Smith I never thought of as a grub.
Weyman never appeared to be a dirty player.
Dugan was just a drunk, keep him off the Cruisers and he's fine.
Packer I still don't think should have been allowed to play.
Marshall was just an over the hill show pony.

I have supported the Dragons all my life, but could never watch a game with Slater wearing a Red V.
Call it what you like, just don't like the guy.

BennyV

Referee
Jeremy Smith I never thought of as a grub.
Weyman never appeared to be a dirty player.
Dugan was just a drunk, keep him off the Cruisers and he's fine.
Packer I still don't think should have been allowed to play.
Marshall was just an over the hill show pony.

I have supported the Dragons all my life, but could never watch a game with Slater wearing a Red V.
Call it what you like, just don't like the guy.
Did you not watch Smith and Weyman at Storm/Raiders? Smith was as grubby there as he was with us, and Weyman was a loose cannon!

And Dugan was a self-entitled twat with such little respect for his team mates that he made a public wank of himself instead of focusing on his rehab just to stick it to the club.

I don't like Slater but considering some of the guys who've come to the club with various labels of 'dickhead', 'grub' and 'convicted felon', you'd be clinically insane to not be supportive of signing arguably the greatest fullback of all time.

epDragon62

First Grade
With some of comments about not wanting Billy it's no hope of Millward ever being supported.

Billy is a legend and his speed made the Maroons try possible to take out the match.

If we could make it happen it would be immense.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yeah your right he looked shit on Wed.. Average player.. Can't run, pass, tackle..
Your kidding aren't you !!!!
the greatest fullback of all time - Changa couldn't defend like Slater.. Everything else attacking wise equal!!
You have to be careful criticising champions you look stupid and sounds like you don't know anything about the game !
Youve made some predictions and statements on this forum....but this one takes the cake.......Changa couldnt defend like Slater....laughable......as I said during the week you are either a real estate agent or a car salesman....I was partly wrong you now leave me in no doubt you must be a USED car salesman

Saintsified

Bench
To be honext wouldnt want him in our colours.....like Smith hes a grubby player and getting worse.....I would choke if I had to cheer fior him......on a side note could handle the other members of the spine JT and Cronk....but the other pair no thanks...their as sly and sneaky as they come
I know i would choke back tears if Slater was holding the trophy for us!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
what would i pay?

f**k all.

he's got maybe 18 months left in his body.