What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boxing

lingard

Coach
I think Manny P. is going to destroy Jeff Horn, unfortunately. I don't think Horn has a ghost of a chance. Manny far too quick and smart.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
All things being equal it looks a mismatch, Manny is definitely past his prime but has still been mixing it with some great fighters over the last couple of years. Jeff Horn looks a good young fighter but he's stepping up from a Class 2 to a Grp1 here.

Size has never worried Manny, he destroyed Margarito back in the day and he dwarfed him in height/reach.

I just want to see a good entertaining fight, hopefully Horn holds his own so even if he loses he can put his name up in lights for the future.

Frankus

Juniors
All things being equal it looks a mismatch, Manny is definitely past his prime but has still been mixing it with some great fighters over the last couple of years. Jeff Horn looks a good young fighter but he's stepping up from a Class 2 to a Grp1 here.

Size has never worried Manny, he destroyed Margarito back in the day and he dwarfed him in height/reach.

I just want to see a good entertaining fight, hopefully Horn holds his own so even if he loses he can put his name up in lights for the future.
Pac put vicious, vicious beatings on both Cotto and Margarito, both naturally much bigger men. If a shadow of that Pac turns up, Horn is in serious trouble.

I think I give Horn more of a chance than most....about 20%. Horn has nothing to lose and this should be great for his career

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I think Horns biggest issues is that he will probably have to knock Manny out to win. Mannys work rate will ensure he will be hard to beat on points.

Even though Manny hasn't knocked anyone out in 8 years or whatever it is he hasn't been knocked out himself since his last fought against Marquez which was in 2012 and has only a couple of times in his entire career. So it's no easy feat.

I think Horns biggest issues is that he will probably have to knock Manny out to win. Mannys work rate will ensure he will be hard to beat on points.

Even though Manny hasn't knocked anyone out in 8 years or whatever it is he hasn't been knocked out himself since his last fought against Marquez which was in 2012 and has only a couple of times in his entire career. So it's no easy feat.

Maybe if Horn hangs in and Manny doesn't knock him out after 8 or so. The old man may get tired

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Maybe if Horn hangs in and Manny doesn't knock him out after 8 or so. The old man may get tired

Yeh look its a possibility for sure.

I just have a feeling though that from round 2/3 the shackles in this are just going to be off and they are going to go hammer and tongs. Just think Horn will have so much built up nervous energy and once Manny starts throwing them that Horn will try and go with him.

Looking forward to it.

shiznit

Coach
Watching the ESPN coverage of Pac v Horn.

Stephen A Smith showing absolutely no respect for Jeff Horn.

Pretty awesome spectacle going on at Suncorp though... how awesome to do it on a nice day outdoors...

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Horn has definitely landed the better shots and is working much more than Manny.

I'm reading the ESPN updates though and they have given Manny 5 rounds, don't know what the f**k they are watching.

Not saying Manny can't turn it round though

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Holy shit they gave it to him...

I had Manny by a couple but yeh credit to Horn definitely took it to him early on and stuck it out to the end definitely won the last.

shiznit

Coach
I was surprised by that... I had Manny by 2 but there were some razor thin rounds in there which can go either way.

Certainly no robbery though...

117-111 to Horn though.... SMH