What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Knights @ Belmore Sports Ground

Who will win? Round 18: Bulldogs v Knights

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 18
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Newcastle Knights
Belmore Sports Ground, Belmore (TICKETS)
Sunday 9 July 2017

Gates 11:30am / NYC 11:45am / ISP 1:45pm / NRL 4pm

CBY-17teamlist.jpg

1. William Hopoate 2. Kerrod Holland 3. Josh Morris 4. Chase Stanley 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Moses Mbye 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. Danny Fualalo 11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 12. Adam Elliot 13. Sam Kasiano
Interchange: 14. Francis Tualau 15. Asipeli Fine 16. Andy Saunders 17. Matt Frawley 19. Renouf To'omaga 20. Brad Abbey 21. Rod Griffin 23. Brenko Lee

NEW-17teamlist.jpg

1. Nathan Ross 2. Chanel Mata'utia 3. Joe Wardle 4. Peter Mata'utia 5. Brendan Elliott 6. Trent Hodkinson 7. Jaelen Feeney 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Danny Levi 10. Josh King 11. Sione Mata'utia 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Jamie Buhrer 15. Luke Yates 16. Sam Stone 17. Jacob Saifiti 18. Brock Lamb 19. Jacob Gagan 20. Tyler Randell 21. Mickey Paea

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Gavin Reynolds
Sideline Officials: Michael Wise, Ricky MacFarlane
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Bryan Norrie

NYC - Sun 11:45am at Belmore

ISP - Sun 1:45pm at Belmore​

Last edited by a moderator:

___

Juniors
Back to Belmore. Don't be surprised if the Knights cause an upset though because the dogs aren't getting the results this year.

Calls for Des' head are getting louder and there's talk of a peaceful fan protest at the game prior to kickoff. Also talks of a boycott so make of it what you will.

Life's Good

Coach
Back to Belmore. Don't be surprised if the Knights cause an upset though because the dogs aren't getting the results this year.

Calls for Des' head are getting louder and there's talk of a peaceful fan protest at the game prior to kickoff. Also talks of a boycott so make of it what you will.
You sure you're talking about the Bulldogs mate. This is the same tone for the Dragons

Life's Good

Coach
At least the Dragons are firmly entrenched in the top 8 (7th), 2 wins clear of the team coming 9th with a bye this coming weekend.
True but our form is terrible and back to 2016 levels of sh*t.
Who takes over from Hasler if he gets the punt??

___

Juniors
True but our form is terrible and back to 2016 levels of sh*t.
Who takes over from Hasler if he gets the punt??
I don't think he'll get the punt this year as he was re-signed for a further 2 years.

If it happens though, I'd say Jim Dymock as interim coach, then probably a former dog - word is many are interested in Dean Pay who is an assistant coach at Canberra these days.

Life's Good

Coach
I don't think he'll get the punt this year as he was re-signed for a further 2 years.

If it happens though, I'd say Jim Dymock as interim coach, then probably a former dog - word is many are interested in Dean Pay who is an assistant coach at Canberra these days.
I reckon the Raiders fans would be happy to see the back of Dean Pay if you follow their game day threads. They hold him accountable as much as Ricky for their current woes.
It's crazy that there is only are only ever a handful of good coaches with the rest living on borrowed time.

___

Juniors
I reckon the Raiders fans would be happy to see the back of Dean Pay if you follow their game day threads. They hold him accountable as much as Ricky for their current woes.
It's crazy that there is only are only ever a handful of good coaches with the rest living on borrowed time.
Given the amount of control Ricky has over the Raiders, I'd hold him solely responsible.

At the rate we're going, almost anyone would be an upgrade.

Life's Good

Coach
Given the amount of control Ricky has over the Raiders, I'd hold him solely responsible.

At the rate we're going, almost anyone would be an upgrade.
Be careful what you wish for. You could end up with Jason Taylor.
I remember we were screaming the house down to sack Steve Price. We have now ended up with McGregor.
The frustrating thing is the fans(those of any struggling club)just get sick of being fed BS about how things are changing etc.

___

Juniors
You can say that ultimately the players are responsible for the performance they're giving on the field. However games that we would've won say 5 years ago are games we are losing now, so something has gone wrong.

For me, I see something a lot of people see such as running the ball on the 5th tackle rather than kicking. It's almost as if Des cannot adopt to the modern game like other coaches can. He's afraid to kick the ball dead and get a 7 tackle restart from the 20, yet other coaches adopt this rule to their game. Not Des though, run the ball and get tackled.

The Bulldogs are on 14 points. We need 28 to make the top 8. We have a bye in hand meaning we're pretty much on 16 points. We need to win at least 6 from the remaining 8 to make the finals.

Not looking good at all.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
All I take from that is you didn't actually read Gus's article.

Barkley

Bench
This game is being billed as a goodbye to Josh Reynolds. Thousands of Reynolds face masks are being handed out to the crowd. This is a game we should get up for and win comfortably, whether we do or not is another story.

The pressure on Des is once again coming from the media and some fans. He got re-signed for a couple more years on good money, I don't think the pressure is coming from the club.

___

Juniors
This game is being billed as a goodbye to Josh Reynolds. Thousands of Reynolds face masks are being handed out to the crowd. This is a game we should get up for and win comfortably, whether we do or not is another story.

The pressure on Des is once again coming from the media and some fans. He got re-signed for a couple more years on good money, I don't think the pressure is coming from the club.
Pressure is coming from all angles. I reckon Ray Dib is pressing him too - this could have been a deal that results in Dib being ousted at the board elections next year.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Honest to god when Josh Reynolds announced he was leaving something happened to the dogs... The roster is amazing there's got to be some sort of power struggle..

___

Juniors
I don't get this - I'm happy with a win (at last) at Belmore, but it should not have come down to that. We should have easily score 3-4 tries in the first half, I'm not sure what happened.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Last pass wasn't sticking, simple little errors, and Newie's defence stepped up. Story of our season.

I hope the emotion of the final minutes last night gives the boys a boost for a positive finish to the season.

___

Juniors
Last pass wasn't sticking, simple little errors, and Newie's defence stepped up. Story of our season.

I hope the emotion of the final minutes last night gives the boys a boost for a positive finish to the season.
Well we're still in the hunt with the finals but pretty much need to win all our remaining games to happen. I can't see it happening though with our tough run home. Bye this weekend will give our origin stars a much needed rest. All I care about is their fitness really.

Latest posts