What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BoJack Horseman

Timbo

Staff member
Anyone else watching this?

I just binged watched the first two series whilst unpacking after moving house. Starts slow, but man it gets good in the second season. It's almost like a spiritual successor to Mad Men more than anything, but also very darkly humorous.

The second season episode 'Escape from LA' is one of the best episodes of TV I've seen in years and left me totally speechless afterwards.

Really worth a look.

Red Bear

Referee
It started sort of light hearted, but yeah, very good. Very funny but also pretty dark.

Starts getting dark around 4th episode and builds throughout season 1, season two was really good.

The almost very end of Escape from LA, you couldjust see coming but thought he was doing everything right to avoid it and bam.

I also love all the animal gags throughout it. Cameron Crow :lol:

Timbo

Staff member
What's it about?

It's a cartoon set in a world populated by anthramorphic animals who live alongside humans. BoJack Horseman was a successful TV actor in the 90s (basically Bob Saget on Full House) whose career nosedived and is now stuck in a cycle of self-loathing and alcoholism.

That explanation really doesn't give you much, but it's hard to explain without getting ludicrous. If you watch a few episodes you'll get the drift, it really is a fantastic show.m

The writing, especially in series two, is of a quality I haven't seen for a long while.

azzah72

Bench
I'm about 5 eps in, it caught me straight away with its humour.

And anything with Alison Brie's sweet, sultry voice is enough for me.

Haffa

Finished season 2. One of my fave shows. Season 2 is so much better than season 1 and season 1 was brilliant.

Finished it a couple days ago, it's so good.

S2 was definitely better, some characters really improved too like Mr Peanut Butter who I just didn't like in S1.

roofromoz

First Grade
My brother in law showed me a tidbit on Youtube today. Anything that has Will Arnett voicing a horse is all right by me. I'm in!

chigurh

Quality show and Escape from LA was a pretty full on episode.

Riding the boat back to Hollywoo to the Bojack theme song was awesome.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Thanks. Given me the motivation to continue S2. First 2 EPs left me a bit disappointed and stalled me. I'll go back. Binged S1 after it was out.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Binge watched both seasons in the last two days. The penultimate episodes of both seasons were stellar, but particularly Escape from LA.

Has a real Californication vibe to it that I love.

Now to wait for 2016 :(

mackdadday

Juniors
In my humble opinion, BH is the best show of all time. Hilarious, dark, tear-jerking and so much more. The under water episode in season three actually got Time Magazines award for best episode of any series on television award. Have binge watched this show four times now. May this holy show never end!

Timbo

Staff member
In my humble opinion, BH is the best show of all time. Hilarious, dark, tear-jerking and so much more. The under water episode in season three actually got Time Magazines award for best episode of any series on television award. Have binge watched this show four times now. May this holy show never end!

That under water episode was absolutely magic.

The episode with Sarah-Lynn though... didn't think they'd find a way to floor me worse than 'Escape from LA', whoa.