What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge

Vote for next coach after Madge - possibles.

• Tooves

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Cartwright

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Furner

• Dean Pay

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Another Assistant coach from top tier club

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Taylor (Rip)- New South Wales cup best coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madge with a fair pay cut.

• Gardiner (bears)- going ok with so so side

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bradford ( super league)- uber coach

• None of the above, I will nominate my own schmukles.

• Total voters

Rabbits20

Immortal
fuimaono does have a go id have to admit that but he is no crichton....Shadow...
In a couple of years he could be very very good though. He's already doing well.

He is developing nicely.

But yeah I think Crichton will turn out better and reach greater heights.

I'm enjoying this sensible footy talk Shadow. There are a few that just like coming in here to try and bait us but we will just keep talking footy.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I was asking this question back in round 1,

So is it still valid? Has Madge done his dash?
I still think Toovey would go well

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Old Shadow said that before rd1 that souths have a shiiit team for 2017 the proofs in the pudding but but but today we will be on 14th position once the dogs get their bye points after this weekend.....but but but oi dont knowers what do you say now???Dont say i didn""t tell you i know you are all wiping the egg off your faces again as per usual i suggest listen and learn in the future from Old Shadow...Shadow Knows..

Liberate Souths

Juniors
We have been interviewing for new coaches for some time now.

There's a view, we do not have the cattle.

But the "cattle" we have, they have been under performing.

The new coach will be announced prior to the pre season.

You heard it here first.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
images

themacemaceman

Juniors
I like Madge but it's time to go I think.

Even us supporters who accept mediocrity have had enough.

Something has to change.

Pommy

Coach
If it's true why wait? Why not get the guy in now to decide who he can work with and who is beyond redemption.

Liberate Souths

Juniors
There have been some whispers about the place but they tend to get a bit louder after losses. If you give away sources they can sue you or you lose their trust and friendship.

But there are public signs too

A. No extension of Madges contract known. No discussion of its negotiation in the press.

B. No public support for Madge by top management beyond this current contract.

C. No comment by Madge about his long term future.

The silence is deafening.

I think I posted earlier that a club will almost always try to tie up a coach earlier rather than later..if they think he's on top of it...with a few rare exceptions.

Thus we were quick to extend Madges tenure when we were going ok.

I heard the announcement will be made during the distraction of the finals. The club knows we are bleeding.

Usually there is a press release that everybody is going there own ways amicably. Madge is smart enough not to burn any bridges or be a spoilt brat.

I've been hammering him but I know madge has his own story about players he wanted retained and was seeking and stuff. He's not allowed to set the record straight.

Certainly jason Taylor had a terrible time at wests internally and then was thrown under a bus. His skepticism of his big name players was spot on. By their (in) actions they proved him right.

I wonder whether we go big-name or current assistant somewhere.

It's very hard to coach an nrl side well.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
I think this is welcome news if true. It's not the magic bullet, but it's a start. We need a new change of identity and direction.

I will always love Madge for the things he has done but he has run his cource and it's time to move on.

I'd love to get Daley if he is not coaching NSW and is keen for an NRL gig.

southsport

First Grade
I think Madge will make a go of it somewhere else but it just looks like it's time to move on from Souths for the benefit of both parties.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think this is welcome news if true. It's not the magic bullet, but it's a start. We need a new change of identity and direction.

I will always love Madge for the things he has done but he has run his cource and it's time to move on.

I'd love to get Daley if he is not coaching NSW and is keen for an NRL gig.
I'll have Toovey please.......

Latest posts