What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Cowboys

Pommy

Coach
I've come understand that there's some of you in here that have openly stated they have depression but I don't really understand the bullying of people. I'm not an expert on the matter and I don't claim to me but I would think if you actually did suffer depression you would refrain from trying to hurt people over the internet.

Well I think that was me and I had no part in whatever went on.

Pommy

Coach
The thing that really concerns me about Madge, and I think it's why the time has come to let him go, is that he's in denial. He's so in denial that what he is doing and the game plan he has is correct. It's been clear now for the last two and a half seasons that it's not but yet, nothing changes! Same old style, same old questionable selections and the same old talk in the media every week.

We have a style? I thought we just lurched aimlessly around the pitch for 80 minutes.

Liberate Souths

Juniors
We were always going to get a hangover after 21 but I guess the bunny overlords thought Madge could coach good things into second tier players. And you could think 2015 was an opportunity to show.

But the writing was on the wall back then.

He's not up to lifting Ordinary players, in fact he has been quite unable to hold good players up to standard.They are playing worse than they were 2 years ago with a few exceptions.

Could be a lot of reasons and nothing personal. He's a good man and all that.

But the post 21 madge experiment , especially the length of same, well it has been a complete disaster.

It's going to cost thousands of memberships and our reputation.

Someone convinced someone that this was the way to go.That's the frightening thing.

They will axe Madge and blame him.

But this is only partial truth.

We need systemic change and better decisions.

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
nothing to do with madge bring back teo mcqueen api dwalkz auvaa tuquiri and bully and we would be in the top 8 today,souths have a shiiit team and not even jesus could save souths 2017 campaign from rd1 .

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
If you aint got the cattle like bennett and bellyache and green has then your fugged and up shiiit creek without a paddle FACT...Shadow...

Liberate Souths

Juniors
Yeah we shouldn't bully people, we should try to support them instead.

Even if they are wrong or sometimes naughty.

Forgiveness is happiness, helps you move forward. Learn a lesson and move on.

I have forgiven the mods for trashing my dear Madge letter Etc. I worked hard on that, broke my heart to see it binned. Such is life I guess.

souths_reborn

Juniors
This situation, as you describe, is absolutely spot-on & has been going on for far too long---long enough in my opinion to damage the player's heads--their confidence.

I am NOT a fan of Madge--never have been really---I like to enjoy watching RL but it's very,very hard to watch the predictable crap we've had to endure over the past 2 or 3 seasons!!
In recent weeks we have tried playing a-lib football but we don't have enough footballers who excel at that style of play. With the ad-lib stuff, you either have it or you don't and even if you are good at it, there is still a pretty high error rate associated with those players. I think the Panthers are a great example of what I am talking about; they have so many great ad-lib footballers but they have such a high error rate because of it and that is why they sometimes fall apart. I don't mind a bit of ad-lib football but modern football needs to played according to a plan in order to maximise opportunities. Moreover, it is proven through the Storm that structured play works. Our problems are more due to a lack of coherence than a lack of structure; I don't think the players understand the game plan or even when to execute the necessary set move. Speaking of execution, I think that aspect of our game is also lacking. I lost count of the number of times the ball went to ground or set move broke down on the weekend.

With regards to Madge, I'm not so sure there are any better coaching options out there at the moment. I think with us its a case of the devil you know better than the devil you don't; we could take a chance on a rookie coach but there is a pretty high chance that we could end up in a worse predicament then they are in now. If Des Hasler were to become available then I would be interested in having him.

Liberate Souths

Juniors
Madge has to pay for his and the club elite's
mistakes.

Another year of Madge and the wretched excuses is unacceptable.

We recycle the excuses now.

Some are in their fourth or fifth re-run since 2015.

Inkers75

Juniors
Whilst watching the match highlights on the app I couldn't help but notice how dry the pitch looked. Is this a common feature in the NRL?

Over here in sunny(!) England the pitches are watered before each game. I've even seen them watered whilst its raining!

I'm just curious that's all.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Whilst watching the match highlights on the app I couldn't help but notice how dry the pitch looked. Is this a common feature in the NRL?

Over here in sunny(!) England the pitches are watered before each game. I've even seen them watered whilst its raining!

It depends on the location. Sunday afternoon in North Queensland is as hot as it gets. 30+ degrees keeps the field ridiculously dry. Most games during the day keep it dry actually. It's only night when it gets "dewy" and a little bit slippery but still easy to run on without slipping!

southsport

First Grade

Cairns is in the tropics and it is currently the dry season, that ground is apparently a known hard pitch.

truthslayer

Juniors
nothing to do with madge bring back teo mcqueen api dwalkz auvaa tuquiri and bully and we would be in the top 8 today,souths have a shiiit team and not even jesus could save souths 2017 campaign from rd1 .
Dear Dontknower that's not going to happen please stop the SHIT posts

truthslayer

Juniors
Shadow is right in his posts and before the season begun others thought he was a loony but he was being realistic..........

We will still in the mess until we starting cleaning out the place.........
your not only a dontknower but your also an unbeliever

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Shadow is right in his posts and before the season begun others thought he was a loony but he was being realistic..........

CORRECTAFUGGINGMUNDO...Shadow knows and untruthslayer dont knows because he is a dont knower but but but souths are on 14th .....Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

Thats right R20 i was right and the dont knowers were wrong lol@Thedontknowers...Shadow...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Shadow the way the Tigers are playing they could snag a couple of wins and we could drop to 2nd last.......

Latest posts