What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21 Team V Knights

Old Timer

Coach
Probably our strongest side based on form..no excuses for this weekend against the bottom team but having said that they are no longer easy beats.....Packer needs to lift hes down on all counts .......I cant see its an injury thats the problem otherwise why pick him these past 2 weeks.....cmon Russ we know your going but you owe the club that stood by you one last big effort till season end
BSE
Packer for sure is busted.
Mc Fookknuckle runs his forwards into the ground and keeps on picking them.
We are just super lucky Frizz is still standing with all the injuries he is carrying and because Nc Fookknuckle got it so wrong in losing easy games the pressure remains on the senior players to front up instead of them getting a rest.

The Damo

Juniors
BSE
We are just super lucky Frizz is still standing with all the injuries he is carrying and because Nc Fookknuckle got it so wrong in losing easy games the pressure remains on the senior players to front up instead of them getting a rest.
Ah Ye olde claim of forwards being run into the ground. By having them play extra minutes, make more hit ups and tackles than all the other forwards in the comp. oh wait...
Actually he magically makes those things significantly more intense for our forwards.
And also no other team has players carry injuries, they all take as much time off as they need to be 100%.
How many injuries is friz carrying? Afaik it's just the rib cartilage? From a one off impact - not from wear and tear. And that it's not unique to play on with? An Packer got a hip cork, one off impact again. Of course they've got hurts. They're first grad forwards two thirds through the season. That all do by now.

They look flat because Head hasn't got a clue how to motivate them.

His tactics are poor and the word going around is he will probably be let go at the end of the year.

Its been a tough year with so many good players being unavailable.

Dragsters

First Grade
Dodgy selections and inability to motivate, Head has been a disappointment.

Hey coast, did marketo get the captaincy since McCarthy has gone?

Old Timer

Coach
Ah Ye olde claim of forwards being run into the ground. By having them play extra minutes, make more hit ups and tackles than all the other forwards in the comp. oh wait...
Actually he magically makes those things significantly more intense for our forwards.
And also no other team has players carry injuries, they all take as much time off as they need to be 100%.
How many injuries is friz carrying? Afaik it's just the rib cartilage? From a one off impact - not from wear and tear. And that it's not unique to play on with? An Packer got a hip cork, one off impact again. Of course they've got hurts. They're first grad forwards two thirds through the season. That all do by now.
Why don't you read the posts in unison you wanker?
My response was a push back against the assertion by BSE that Packer wasn't injured and that he thought he was slacking it.
Then you go off in a tangent comparing our forwards against others etc which is laughable.
I am not comparing our forwards to anyone else I am just making the point that despite our blokes having injuries Mc Fookknuckle continues to pick them.
Plenty of recent press reports about how many injuries Frizz is carrying and plenty talking about how tough he is to keep going despite them.
IMO Mc Fookknuckle should manage them better than he does with their injuries and I made the very salient point that if we didn't lose to the shit sides he could very well of got an opportunity to rest them but we have somewhat forgone that opportunity.
To be perfectly frank I don't give a shit about what other teams have and don't have re injuries I just know that other teams and coaches don't flog their best players to death when they are carrying injuries that would be best handled by a week or 2 off here and there.

GC Dragon

Juniors
BSE
I agree and Packer is playing busted as is Frizz . Both have been that way for the last 8 weeks . Frizz should have been rested during Origin as most other coaches did with there players . It really came to a head against the Titans and that situation was just ridiculous .

Frizz is and has picked up more injuries due to his fatigued body .

Packer's Hip is no good and I am guessing the move to the bench would be to get him on at around the 25 min mark to go hell for leather then needle him back up again at half time and get as much as you can out of him before the needle wears off . It wouldn't surprise me if he needs hip surgery again in the off season .

My response was a push back against the assertion by BSE that Packer wasn't injured and that he thought he was slacking it.
Then you go off in a tangent comparing our forwards against others etc which is laughable.
I am not comparing our forwards to anyone else I am just making the point that despite our blokes having injuries Mc Fookknuckle continues to pick them.
Plenty of recent press reports about how many injuries Frizz is carrying and plenty talking about how tough he is to keep going despite them.
IMO Mc Fookknuckle should manage them better than he does with their injuries and I made the very salient point that if we didn't lose to the shit sides he could very well of got an opportunity to rest them but we have somewhat forgone that opportunity.
To be perfectly frank I don't give a shit about what other teams have and don't have re injuries I just know that other teams and coaches don't flog their best players to death when they are carrying injuries that would be best handled by a week or 2 off here and there.
If you have played league before then you would know that carrying injuries through the season and still playing is normal and every player goes through it from time time.

I agree and Packer is playing busted as is Frizz . Both have been that way for the last 8 weeks . Frizz should have been rested during Origin as most other coaches did with there players . It really came to a head against the Titans and that situation was just ridiculous .

Packer's Hip is no good and I am guessing the move to the bench would be to get him on at around the 25 min mark to go hell for leather then needle him back up again at half time and get as much as you can out of him before the needle wears off . It wouldn't surprise me if he needs hip surgery again in the off season .
Frizz is fine packer has a niggle.you guys are funny

The Damo

Juniors
Settle down OT, you'll do yourself a mischief. Might need to give yourself a couple of weeks off to recover. Cop a needle mate you can play through it.
So your assertion is that our forwards are run into the ground but there's no point making comparisons between their workload and others in the same job? Fair enough, I prefer to make assertions based on all the available evidence, but that's not for everyone I guess. if there's plenty of reports quote one, quote one that mentions what the injuries are? Should be easy. Provide some evidence for your assertions other than your opinion and insults. There'd be a dozen players in other teams with comparable injuries playing on, Nathan brown did rib cartilage earlier in the year, went to hospital. Played through. Still playing. Whether you give s shit or not doesn't change the fact that what you say is bad is actually pretty standard.

The Damo

Juniors

Packer was reported as having a hip pointer injury. Won't need surgery, will just hurt for a while. Frizz has rib cartilage, hurts but heals without surgery. Takes 6-12 weeks so should he take half the season off, even though he can play through? That would be stellar coaching for sure

saintm

Juniors
Clearly you haven't seen him of late.

He has dropped a tonne of weight and looks really fit.

As for lazy and bastard, well that says more about you than it does about him...
Agreed...Drag Queen you would be the most negative poster on this forum
You must be a barrell of laughs to be around!!!

MilanDragon

Juniors
Packer was reported as having a hip pointer injury. Won't need surgery, will just hurt for a while. Frizz has rib cartilage, hurts but heals without surgery. Takes 6-12 weeks so should he take half the season off, even though he can play through? That would be stellar coaching for sure

He certainly should take that whole time off then we can bag Mary as players aren't willing to play through minor injuries for him, whereas they would for other coaches.

The Damo

Juniors
Hey look, here's something from Tyson himself
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...e/news-story/37e4f06643d8e235653d789f79539b52
Some quotes to help -
'Half the NRL’s probably had rib cartilage problems throughout their career, so it’s nothing serious at all.
I’ve just had to do a little less contact than the others in the first couple of training sessions, but overall, it hasn’t affected my preparation.'

' If you were missing games through little injuries, you’d hardly make it to first grade, let alone get through a season.'

Drag Queen

Bench
BSE
BSE
Agreed...Drag Queen you would be the most negative poster on this forum
You must be a barrell of laughs to be around!!!
:D

blacksafake

First Grade
Agree OT,especially with the bold part of your opinion.
This week is a prime example where if we were not so desperate we could afford to rest players but having lost to sides we should have put away we need to field our best side possible,even against the team running last.It would of been great to rest Friz,Russell & possibly even others such as McInness & Gareth with some of the younger guys like Host,Lawrie,Sele,Luilua,Hind,Kerr & Robson given a run.Dare i say even Marketo to fill in for one game at dummy half.A freshen up coming into the business end would do them the world of good.

Old Timer

Coach
Agree OT,especially with the bold part of your opinion.
This week is a prime example where if we were not so desperate we could afford to rest players but having lost to sides we should have put away we need to field our best side possible,even against the team running last.It would of been great to rest Friz,Russell & possibly even others such as McInness & Gareth with some of the younger guys like Host,Lawrie,Sele,Luilua,Hind,Kerr & Robson given a run.Dare i say even Marketo to fill in for one game at dummy half.A freshen up coming into the business end would do them the world of good.
Absolutely correct.
There is no medal for playing busted, only grief as at some critical point performance must drop.
Some people just don't get the fact that the good coaches manage the origin period and player injuries so much better than us and it has little impact on their season.
Whereas with us, it always has major impact and causes unnecessary losses and then he troops coming through are not battle hardened enough to handle the challenge.
Unfortunately your post is far too logical for some to grasp the simplicity of the concept.

Latest posts