What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett: James Roberts has been off drugs for 6 months

thorson1987

Coach
You're talking about the 2nd offence when he got fired yeah?

He wasn't fired, the sharks "released" him then gave him a new contract to try and play cheeky buggers with the salary cap.

The NRL saw through this and rightfully said that contract won't be registered.

blaza88z

Coach
Sorry dude, who are you again?

How did I drum up Bennett admitting Roberts is a coke head? I must be pretty powerful to get Benny to drop that bombshell.

A story worthy of discussion came up. I decided we all should discuss it, which is what I thought this forum was for.

Btw, I'm pretty sure I acted the same towards the Broncos last year and we ran 2nd.

How's your thread comparing Austin, Milford and Moses going? Milford played origin, Moses is playing weekly in a winning side.. poor old Austin, can't even find touch

Amin Yashed

Juniors
Columbians....Drugs?? Never heard of the f**kers until now!

Did Bennett actually state what drug he was taking? Or is everyone assuming it was cocaine?

blaza88z

Coach
Columbians....Drugs?? Never heard of the f**kers until now!

Did Bennett actually state what drug he was taking? Or is everyone assuming it was cocaine?

Pretty said he said something along the lines of "he's been drug free for 6 months", that could be anything, could be alcohol.. could be anything

Pedge1971

First Grade
Pretty said he said something along the lines of "he's been drug free for 6 months", that could be anything, could be alcohol.. could be anything

Yep thats it. Must be alchohol as the Broncos players would never touch an illegal substance. But why would Benny mention he had given up drugs and alchohol......

blaza88z

Coach
Yep thats it. Must be alchohol as the Broncos players would never touch an illegal substance. But why would Benny mention he had given up drugs and alchohol......

I don't know what it was, neither do you, neither does anyone outside of the club.. could be anything