What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bench Dugan

dragon thomo

Juniors
Thoughts on having Dugan on the bench and bring him on around the 20 min mark at lock so he can have a roaming role, I think he could be dangerous on a tiring defence . This could also free Mann up to play centre, this would give us a bit more speed out wide also a bit more dangerous around the ruck.

TruSaint

Referee
Thoughts on having Dugan on the bench and bring him on around the 20 min mark at lock so he can have a roaming role, I think he could be dangerous on a tiring defence . This could also free Mann up to play centre, this would give us a bit more speed out wide also a bit more dangerous around the ruck.

Dont mind that, but prefer if he is still injured not to play at all.

Yeah, stick him on the bench for the Wobegongs.

However, if, I mean when, we lose this game, that's our finals dream up in smoke.
So wouldn't it make sense to start trailing a few centres.

I know he's only young, but I'd love to see Zac Lomax get a runs against the Puppy's in the last round.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Yes I personally like Garrick he's gone off the boil a little bit .he's the type of young gun who might shine against the big boys

Gareth67

First Grade
Dragon Thommo , An excellent idea ! That is exactly what so many teams have done with a varying degree of success . And there's no doubting that Duges has a big enough body , to make a good fit into the forwards .

Many on this forum have mentioned in the past , how he has lost some speed compare to his earlier years , so that certainly would not be a concern for him if he was ' running with the hogs ' , so to speak .

And he does have good defence , so that also would not be a problem . All in all , I would say that Dragon thomo suggestion is well worth trying , more so when ( as said by others ) we have Duffy and Mann in the backline . It's now a case of ' all hands on deck ' so the Dragons need to use every available player that they have .

If anybody has Mary's e-mail address , send a copy of Thommo's idea to the great man , who hopefully will read and implement it .

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
Dragon Thommo , An excellent idea ! That is exactly what so many teams have done with a varying degree of success . And there's no doubting that Duges has a big enough body , to make a good fit into the forwards .

Many on this forum have mentioned in the past , how he has lost some speed compare to his earlier years , so that certainly would not be a concern for him if he was ' running with the hogs ' , so to speak .

And he does have good defence , so that also would not be a problem . All in all , I would say that Dragon thomo suggestion is well worth trying , more so when ( as said by others ) we have Duffy and Mann in the backline . It's now a case of ' all hands on deck ' so the Dragons need to use every available player that they have .

If anybody has Mary's e-mail address , send a copy of Thommo's idea to the great man , who hopefully will read and implement it .
I mentioned the idea of moving Dugan to the second row, at the beginning of the year. I said that he has the size for an edge backrower, he doesn't pass the ball, but has a decent offload, his defence should be up to the forwards. I felt that I was shouted down for suggesting that idea. I still think that Dugan would make a good edge backrower.

1st & 10

Juniors
I don't care what happens to the tattooed plasticine man. He starts getting strapped and taped up on Wednesdays and picks up his carton of Bacardi breezers for the weekend

He is a great fit for the isolated Cronulla Sharks

This Year?

Immortal

Don't you dare think. Doust will send his henchmen out to relieve you of your intellectual property.

JDHD

Juniors
I don't care what happens to the tattooed plasticine man. He starts getting strapped and taped up on Wednesdays and picks up his carton of Bacardi breezers for the weekend

He is a great fit for the isolated Cronulla Sharks

He fakes injuries. That ankle looked like he'd done an Achilles but he'll be back this week. Sharks can have him. f**king useless biscuit legs.

gregstar

Referee
i was ridiculed for stating i couldn't give a f*ck that he was f*cking off.

i don't rate the guy.
he offers nothing but good defence.
he goes missing when it matters in attack.
he makes crucial errors when needed most.
he doesn't have a clue how to handle an overlap..

JDHD

Juniors
i was ridiculed for stating i couldn't give a f*ck that he was f*cking off.

i don't rate the guy.
he offers nothing but good defence.
he goes missing when it matters in attack.
he makes crucial errors when needed most.
he doesn't have a clue how to handle an overlap..

And if things get tough, they get put in the too-hard basket

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Great idea thomo
His defence is good enough but as a running second rower imo. JDB is a 80 minute player and needs to be on the field.
But Mary will never look outside the box

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Yes I personally like Garrick he's gone off the boil a little bit .he's the type of young gun who might shine against the big boys

He closer than Zac.
Lomax has been out for 4 weeks and is playing fullback on saturday.
He only 17 so give him a chance don't push him till next year.

Datramp

Juniors
Big No from me for Dugan in the back row. He has a big frame, but he isnt built like say Tyson or De belin. He normally makes maybe 5-10 tackles a game primarily on backs. How will he cope with 30-40 tackles against the monsters in the middle of the park.

Don't get me wrong I like Dugan and rarely fault his effort/intensity but it is really hard to find a place for him in the team at the moment. I prefer Dufty at fullback and probably Aitken at centre.

To be honest I think the best place for him in the current team would be on the wing, probably replacing Nene. Then we can use his running game to still get good kick return meters and hit ups from the back. Give him a license to roam/back up in attack.

Belta

Juniors
Yep I've suggested Dugan to wing previously also, even more so now if Dufty is at fullback,

Gareth67

First Grade
I mentioned the idea of moving Dugan to the second row, at the beginning of the year. I said that he has the size for an edge backrower, he doesn't pass the ball, but has a decent offload, his defence should be up to the forwards. I felt that I was shouted down for suggesting that idea. I still think that Dugan would make a good edge backrower.

Well it appears that Dragon thommo , was not the only one whom was thinking along those lines . As yourself and also Miley Cyrus , have now mentioned that it would be a good positional change for the Duges .

I certainly hope that I was not one of those mongrels who shouted you down ? Come to think of it , I wasn't , as I always welcome new ideas , it's just a pity that I am not Mary , as I would certainly be considering the suggestion made by you 3 gentlemen . :innocent:

Last edited: