What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So much for Trump not wanting to be Police of the World.

BTW he threatened to send his military to Venezuela this morning.

"We have many options for Venezuela," Mr. Trump told reporters at his golf club in New Jersey, alongside Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley.

"And by the way I am not going to rule out a military option," Mr. Trump said. "We have many options."
There's no soft power without hard power. Everyone knows that. Even the Europeans have been reminded of it in the Ukraine.

Gronk

Staff member
LOL x2

DG-t5O6WAAAnwIM.jpg

phantom eel

First Grade
But they don't 'blindly follow'. They pick and choose what suits them, like they've always done.

The power authoritarian institutions hold over their members is well documented.

But sure, people just leave churches/cults that they have contributed to/experienced a sense of belonging with all the time, whenever they don't agree with one particular aspect of its doctrine... rather than simply conform to its rulers' opinions.

Bazal

Post Whore
The power authoritarian institutions hold over their members is well documented.

But sure, people just leave churches/cults that they have contributed to/experienced a sense of belonging with all the time, whenever they don't agree with one particular aspect of its doctrine... rather than simply conform to its rulers' opinions.

I get the feeling you've completely misread what Pou said....not that I'm surprised.

It's "well documented" that many, if not most, modern religious types cherry pick the pieces of doctrine they wish to follow. How many of the religious types against same sex marriage do you reckon abstained from sex before marriage, for example? Almost all religious people are hypocrites who pick and choose the rules they want to follow.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well documented because it's interesting but extremely overstated. People like you seem to think every member of a religion is a brainwashed cultist. I blame Hollywood.
You'll find in the real world they just agree to disagree. The rare exceptions end up in the newspaper and then on the big screen. But they don't reflect reality.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's ok brother... but you didn't answer the question explaining the views stated in your post.
I thought it was obvious. Not that my opinion matters but since you asked, men having sex with men is disgusting. But for some reason women having sex with women doesn't have the same effect. Must be because the Bible says lesbians are hot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I get the feeling you've completely misread what Pou said....not that I'm surprised.

It's "well documented" that many, if not most, modern religious types cherry pick the pieces of doctrine they wish to follow. How many of the religious types against same sex marriage do you reckon abstained from sex before marriage, for example? Almost all religious people are hypocrites who pick and choose the rules they want to follow.
Exactly. But anti-religious types continue to blame the monolith that is 'RELIGION' for others having hurtful opinions they disagree with.

Bazal

Post Whore
I should also clarify I'm not attacking religious people when I say they are hypocrites. I think you have to walk a very, very long way to find a human being, religious or otherwise, who isn't a hypocrite. It's pretty much human nature.

phantom eel

First Grade
I'll let Pou tell me what he was trying to say, thanks. But I believe Tim Mannah abstaned until marriage, which explained his post-wedding slump in form.

Almost all religious people are hypocrites who pick and choose the rules they want to follow.
I do agree with you there. Even funnier arethe religious types who deny the hypocricy, or the types that try to argue the enduring strength of religion in society (and support for the views carried by religious leaders) based on numbers identifying as religious without acknowledging the hypocricy of these adherents. Wait - isn't that was Pou was trying to argue earlier?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I should also clarify I'm not attacking religious people when I say they are hypocrites. I think you have to walk a very, very long way to find a human being, religious or otherwise, who isn't a hypocrite. It's pretty much human nature.
And there's nothing more human than religion. Before we had religion we were animals.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'll let Pou tell me what he was trying to say, thanks. But I believe Tim Mannah abstaned until marriage, which explained his post-wedding slump in form.

I do agree with you there. Even funnier arethe religious types who deny the hypocricy, or the types that try to argue the enduring strength of religion in society (and support for the views carried by religious leaders) based on numbers identifying as religious without acknowledging the hypocricy of these adherents. Wait - isn't that was Pou was trying to argue earlier?
I'm surprised you even know how to read.

Gronk

Staff member
I thought it was obvious. Not that my opinion matters but since you asked, men having sex with men is disgusting. But for some reason women having sex with women doesn't have the same effect. Must be because the Bible says lesbians are hot.

I find 150kg hairy back lebanese chicks having sex disgusting. Is it too late to include them in the plebiscite ?

Edit: Also disgusting

4-15.jpg

phantom eel

First Grade
Well documented because it's interesting but extremely overstated. People like you seem to think every member of a religion is a brainwashed cultist. I blame Hollywood.
Ok, so that's your view - well kind of your assumption of what my view is... but anyway.

You'll find in the real world they just agree to disagree. The rare exceptions end up in the newspaper and then on the big screen. But they don't reflect reality.
Aren't you the one who just said that people wouldn't stay in a relgions/church if they didn't agree with one of their stances (e.g. their stance on marriage equality)? Your circular arguments are circular...
Exactly. But anti-religious types continue to blame the monolith that is 'RELIGION' for others having hurtful opinions they disagree with.
A rather simplistic assumption (strawman) about the views of others. I don't blame religion for the hurtful views of religious people. I personally blame the stupidity of those religious people who are influenced (or if you like, pick and choose) to hold the hurtful views.

Which leads us back to the question you didn't answer... were you trying to say you find homosexuality revolting, or that you don't find incest revolting?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I find 150kg hairy back lebanese chicks having sex disgusting. Is it too late to include them in the plebiscite ?

Edit: Also disgusting

4-15.jpg
Yeah agreed. But I think gays should be allowed to get married, so why not the uglies too? My disgust is my business, not theirs.

What point are you trying to make?

Gronk

Staff member

100% agree. The hypocrisy is that most of the people voting NO have probably trashed the 10 commandments sometime in their lives.

Living-the-10-Commandments.jpg