What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

jaseg

Juniors
I'd rather see Ricky Henry elevated than either Stacey or Neil Henry take the job. (But I'd prefer someone who has a longer history of success at that level - like a Garth Brennan)

He has those fellas playing for each other for 80 minutes. Actually, half the team could be switched too.

I don't think the Titans are backing Hayne so much as desperately trying to keep Ashley Taylor from going to the Broncos in 2019.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I'm on the fence with the Neil Henry stuff tbh

Hard to know what reports to believe, but if it was true that he went the entire week without speaking to Hayne before a game a couple of weeks back, that's totally unprofessional and not what you want from a head coach. Also the reports of other young players wanting out if he was retained hasn't helped the situation

I don't believe Hayne hasn't had a role to play in all this, but also at the same time don't believe he is the devil the media are portraying him to be

JJ

Immortal
Hayne's a polarising figure, but clearly he's not the only player who's less than enamoured with Henry.

Henry's just not a terribly good first grade coach (although his record dwarfs SK's lol)

I doubt we'll ever see anything like the run of performances Hayne put together in 09, and whether he can return to his 14-15 form remains doubtful, but there's no question he's a special player - but must be frustrating as hell to work with

JJ

Immortal
I'd rather see Ricky Henry elevated than either Stacey or Neil Henry take the job. (But I'd prefer someone who has a longer history of success at that level - like a Garth Brennan)

He has those fellas playing for each other for 80 minutes. Actually, half the team could be switched too.

I don't think the Titans are backing Hayne so much as desperately trying to keep Ashley Taylor from going to the Broncos in 2019.
Yep, I mentioned it in the Kiwi's thread = Brennan as coach and Smith in a Gould type role? I know not everyone likes Smith, but he's clearly someone who can build a club

Easier to sack a coach on 400k than a player on 1.1million has been what I have heard.
NRL own the club and had to approve it all after board meeting, as they paying Henry out of his contract.
A financial decision by the sounds of it.

Rich102

Staff member
Didn't he fill the stadium for the Titans? On a number of occasions? Was probably a good investment at $1.1M
The Warriors on the other hand at @$9M and losing numbers rapidly?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I enjoyed Haynes press conference today, especially the part where he called the media out. Don't know if he is right or wrong here, but his comment "they are there to sell papers, not to write truths" is one of my favourite quotes of the year

For months now the media have been sinking the slipper into Hayne repeatedly and it is entirely over the top, and I was pleased to see Ikin stand up to Kent and Crawley who were dropping the boot in again tonight on NRL 360

JJ

Immortal
I enjoyed Haynes press conference today, especially the part where he called the media out. Don't know if he is right or wrong here, but his comment "they are there to sell papers, not to write truths" is one of my favourite quotes of the year

For months now the media have been sinking the slipper into Hayne repeatedly and it is entirely over the top, and I was pleased to see Ikin stand up to Kent and Crawley who were dropping the boot in again tonight on NRL 360
Yep, the media the world over are sensationalist vindictive cretins, and getting worse. They are so irresponsible it's beyond belief, and the nonsense they peddle is astounding at times. They just pick someone or an issue and f**k them over or laud them depending on their agenda

JJ

Immortal
Good to see Kearney on the news saying his sole focus as always is preparing the team to perform well on the weekend, and nothing distracts him from that

Mary had balls to drop Duggan today in a very important game today for Dragons.
Kearney wouldn't have the sacks to do that.
( Duggan missed the team bus)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yep, the media the world over are sensationalist vindictive cretins, and getting worse. They are so irresponsible it's beyond belief, and the nonsense they peddle is astounding at times. They just pick someone or an issue and f**k them over or laud them depending on their agenda

100% true mate, and they do it with no conscience or consequence

Read an article over the weekend about Brett Stewart and he is the perfect example of what can happen to a guy through false reporting, has moved to Melbourne so he doesn't get recognised much, and for me, the saddest quote in the article was when he was asked if he would go back and do his league career all over again, he said "I don't know"

Blair

Coach
100% true mate, and they do it with no conscience or consequence

Read an article over the weekend about Brett Stewart and he is the perfect example of what can happen to a guy through false reporting, has moved to Melbourne so he doesn't get recognised much, and for me, the saddest quote in the article was when he was asked if he would go back and do his league career all over again, he said "I don't know"

The media 'report' and the punters 'talk'. His reputation is largely unrecoverable. When I heard from people living on the NBs about that main incident, then I didn't ever want to see his face, anywhere, again.

He was not guilty, but my personal feelings remain.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The media 'report' and the punters 'talk'. His reputation is largely unrecoverable. When I heard from people living on the NBs about that main incident, then I didn't ever want to see his face, anywhere, again.

He was not guilty, but my personal feelings remain.

Yep and that proves the point perfectly, one of the nicest guys you could come across got publicly destroyed in the media, who invented stories, over something he didn't do and in that instant life changes forever. The papers can pay the defamation money and print an apology in the fine print of page 43 but the damage is done

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Honestly, just figure out who's available for 2019. I've already written off 2018. Truly. I'll watch, but it's going to be an ordeal and one I don't think SK will survive.

Blair

Coach
Honestly, just figure out who's available for 2019. I've already written off 2018. Truly. I'll watch, but it's going to be an ordeal and one I don't think SK will survive.

2018: ICBM (It Can't Be Mooks). Rd 7 2018 he's dumped for Jones. It's so predictable.

Latest posts