What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Bazal

Post Whore
Or just the ones who voted no?

Don't blame me Baz, I voted yes.

Also the ones who support it but CBF voting. At least (most of) the people who vote no are doing so out of principle, even if their principle is tremendously flawed. Abstaining from actually showing support for something you support is the shittiest way to be a shit merkin. "Oh but the pleb is pointless and I'm refusing to vote..." STFU, you can't control whether or not the pleb happens but you can help shape the result.

Dibs

Bench
Also the ones who support it but CBF voting. At least (most of) the people who vote no are doing so out of principle, even if their principle is tremendously flawed. Abstaining from actually showing support for something you support is the shittiest way to be a shit merkin. "Oh but the pleb is pointless and I'm refusing to vote..." STFU, you can't control whether or not the pleb happens but you can help shape the result.
I won't be voting so stick that up your shit merkin ass.

Gronk

Staff member
If it does are you going to accept that as I will if the "Yes" vote gets up?

Thems muddy waters. As Warren Hench said a few days ago, some merkins are not playing by the rules now, so how do you expect others to play by the rules ? As we all acknowledge and agree, the plebiscite (now survey) was set up to fail in the first place.

WARREN Entsch says he reserves the right to introduce a private member’s Bill calling for marriage equality regardless of the outcome of a postal plebiscite.

The Leichhardt MP said gay marriage opponents in his own party claimed they would not be bound by the results of the controversial ballot if the results were not in their favour.

Consequently, he felt no obligation to do so either – and he had said so during a Liberal party room meeting on the issue earlier this month.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...e/news-story/a81f4481eb41647016bcd2c6292c39ce

emjaycee

Coach
I will probably vote,
And if I do, I will probably vote "YES"
And if I do vote "YES", I will probably tell everyone I voted "NO",

Probably piss my husband off though.

Gronk

Staff member
Apathy will be the big winner...less than 50% of Australia will vote is my prediction.

Agree.

Some will leave it on the bench and forget about it.

Some CBF'd finding a post box.

Some may even think that the polls show that YES will get up by landslide, so their vote won't be needed.

Gronk

Staff member
I wonder if the LIBS thought this through ? Who do they think that the extra 500,000 (assume aged 18-25) voters will vote for next election ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Agree.

Some will leave it on the bench and forget about it.

Some CBF'd finding a post box.

Some may even think that the polls show that YES will get up by landslide, so their vote won't be needed.
I'd like to think I won't be one of these people but I probably will.

Latest posts