What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lets be honest. Footballers say whatever seems right at the time. I wouldnt have any illussions of him returning. And in 1 or 2 yrs time people shouldnt get the shits saying "he promised he would come back". Shit happens, things change, life moves on.

Good luck to him whatever happens. He has given us some enjoyment for a short while.
Exactly. I often say I'll be home before 10.30pm but it never happens. People are unreliable merkins.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd take Semi back middle of next season but if we had to wait any longer than that, pass

Bazal

Post Whore
Was actually a bad move signing for Toulon. The gabillionaire boss has a history of warehousing elite players and quite often players game time is limited.

For example Quade Cooper only averaged 7 games per year in two years. James O'Connor 16 games in 3 years.

They play 26 rounds plus finals. Also Heineken Cup.

The French rugby sides are weird. They have a habit of shelving their best players for big games... So when Toulon and Stade Francais play it's often two weaker squads but Toulon will take their best side to Grenoble or wherever

Bazal

Post Whore
I hardly watch union, it's bloody boring and puts me to sleep.

So to the Union experts, does anyone think Semi will be a success in union ?

I know he has played it before, but seems like league wingers that switch over hardly set the game on fire!!

He will be on the bench this season, I'd just about guarantee it. Because he can't kick I don't think he'll be useful to Toulon as a winger given they have five international wingers apart from him who can kick. I would have thought they were looking at him as an outside center, which is basically the position where a bloke with speed power is best in rugby. But they've since signed Malakai Fekitoa who is one of the best centres in the world. They might play Fekitoa at inside centre, but they still have plenty of depth in the back line.

I expect Semi to come back if we want him back because I don't expect him to waltz in to the Toulon side and start killing it like many seem to. And because I know that the aforementioned gabillionaire owner is very quick to cut players if they don't make their mark

Bazal

Post Whore
Ben Barba knows this well.

They just cut Leigh Halfpenny a month or so before the season started having signed a two year extension at the end of last season....he's the Welsh fullback and played several games for the British & Irish Lions on their NZ tour. All of a sudden he's cut.

It's a ruthless business over there.

Gronk

Staff member
but Semi was originally a Union player unlike Barba

Was referring how the owner of Toulon has deep pockets and zero patience.

Semi has a rugby background and clearly knows how to find the line. His problem is that 105kg islander wingers are in abundance over there. IMHO it will be the little things that he'll need to get right in defence etc. otherwise he'll find himself playing reggies

I wish him luck (but not that much).

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
He will be on the bench this season, I'd just about guarantee it. Because he can't kick I don't think he'll be useful to Toulon as a winger given they have five international wingers apart from him who can kick. I would have thought they were looking at him as an outside center, which is basically the position where a bloke with speed power is best in rugby. But they've since signed Malakai Fekitoa who is one of the best centres in the world. They might play Fekitoa at inside centre, but they still have plenty of depth in the back line.

I expect Semi to come back if we want him back because I don't expect him to waltz in to the Toulon side and start killing it like many seem to. And because I know that the aforementioned gabillionaire owner is very quick to cut players if they don't make their mark

Don't they also have Ma'a Nonu for inside centre?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Yeah but he's 300 years old so he might come off the bench at full strength. Still I reckon Fekitoa will play outside

Fair enough. I don't know too much about union so when I saw Nonu's name I thought he may have been starting. That sounds like an insane team to have Nonu maybe come off the bench.

Bazal

Post Whore
Fair enough. I don't know too much about union so when I saw Nonu's name I thought he may have been starting. That sounds like an insane team to have Nonu maybe come off the bench.

Yeah the back line is pretty mint. Nonu will probably start at times but at almost 36 from memory he's definitely on the wind down.

I think they signed Fekitoa after Semi as well.