What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham - 2018 Captain

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I'm liking the idea of Graham as captain, but i'd like to see him settle into the club and find his feet here before he starts leading the troops.
He has to get back to playing that dominant, hard working mongrel-type footy again and earn the respect of the playing group first. I think he will benefit without the burden of the captaincy for a year or so... But once he brings that side of his game back, whether he is the captain or not, the boys will have no choice but to follow him.

grouch

First Grade
Nah. This is barely an issue tbh. I think Widdop is fine. The problems are above him.

In any case, I don't know what it says about us as a club if we give the captaincy to someone who's just walked in the door.. especially when they're a 32 year old who will be here 3 years at the most.

Sack the coach.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I'd like to see James Graham as our captain in 2018; I'm sick of the lack of on-field leadership. De Belin as Vice Captain.
What are your thoughts?

SOLD !

With Graham. it is no further burden to him cause he is use to it.
Hopefully, this would allow Widdop to relax and play more consistent football.

possm

Coach
Nah. This is barely an issue tbh. I think Widdop is fine. The problems are above him.

In any case, I don't know what it says about us as a club if we give the captaincy to someone who's just walked in the door.. especially when they're a 32 year old who will be here 3 years at the most.

Sack the coach.
I agree that there are huge problems above Widdop however, Widdop does not lead by example and often makes the wrong decision. I'd like to see the pressure taken off Widdop. If anyone other than Graham is given the c next to his name, it will mean Graham will never be captain mainly because it would be a huge blow for a new captain to be replaced after one season. I really think Graham has only two season in him. His third season may be as a mentor in the Illawarra side.

Last edited:

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I'd be comfortable with Widdop and Graham as co-captains.

They know each other's games well, good mates off the field.. They seem like fire and ice which would be ideal in scenarios when we might need Gaz to calm the players down and then Graham to fire the forwards up. That kinda makes sense to me?
It also means we would have our captain on the field at all times. At least one of them anyway.

SBD82

Coach
Jesus.

Maybe we should wait for confirmation that he has signed? I mean... I think it's going to happen, but until it's official we should probably hold off on making him a leader of the club.

But in the spirit of the thread, I'd like to nominate Cameron smith as captain, and Cooper cronk as his VC.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Jesus.

Maybe we should wait for confirmation that he has signed? I mean... I think it's going to happen, but until it's official we should probably hold off on making him a leader of the club.

But in the spirit of the thread, I'd like to nominate Cameron smith as captain, and Cooper cronk as his VC.

I'm happy to make him CEO......couldn't stuff it up more than Doust!
What about captain-coach.
That does away with McEgghead as well.

Last edited:

BigBoss

Juniors
I agree.

Widdop doesn't get up his team mates enough when they f**k up/switch off, Graham has no problem doing this. I think the only other player that should be in contention is Thompson, but other then that I think Graham's passion and competitiveness is exactly what we need to inspire the troops.

I've never been a fan of the way Widdop handles his post match press conferences. It's always the same old cliches go back to training and keep working hard, things will get better with time. Graham will speak his mind and 'hopefully' rattle a few people while doing so.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

JACK V

Juniors
I'd like to see James Graham as our captain in 2018; I'm sick of the lack of on-field leadership. De Belin as Vice Captain.
What are your thoughts?
totally agree , he might have lost some power , but i love his agression and passion for full 80mins . Definitely Captain for me

Crush

Coach
Why was Widdop made captain in the first place? That's a massive mistake from McGregor. Our forward pack is inspirational. Pick any one of them. JDB, Frizz, Thommo. These guys are consistent and passionate. Widdop is a confidence player. When he's good he is amazing but when he is bad he is horrible. His head goes down. That isn't a captain!
I cannot stand Widdop as a captain.
NOT a leader of men.

Latest posts