What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Semi Final, Sat - Eels 16-24 Cowboys @ ANZ

Finals Week 2: Eels v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm no type sure why people are saying our attack will be too good for them.
Our attack has been pretty poor most of the year. Apart from a couple of games, we've not really been able to put any big scores on.

We should win, but there's always a nervousness about games like this when you are an Eels fan. You can never be confident.
Hell, the last time I was confident about a game was the 2005 Preliminary Final, and we all know how that turned out.

TheFrog

Coach
Parra need to turn up, respect their opposition, respect possession and feed Radradra plenty of clean ball. The Cows, and especially their human bullock Taumalolo take ages to get going, so if the home side fire up from the start they could take this away from the Cowboys before they get rolling, like they did to those other Queenslanders recently.

I think the Cows could well be a bit flat after last week. They really did use up all the juice in the tank to get past the Sharks.

matrightyeh

Juniors
eels imo
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Cows are capable of winning, but I don't think there will be enough petrol in the tank after the huge effort and 90 minute game last week. Eels to pull away in the last 20 and win.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Parra are certainties. By about 20. Eels v chooks blockbuster coming up next week. That will be huge.

isaiah

Bench
Parra are certainties. By about 20. Eels v chooks blockbuster coming up next week. That will be huge.
This is not right. Cowboys are as much as chance as last week. Continue the unlikely run similar to the Broncs in 1993. I had a t-shirt with 'who's next?' on the front

Tooooks

Bench
Our attack has been pretty poor most of the year. Apart from a couple of games, we've not really been able to put any big scores on.

We should win, but there's always a nervousness about games like this when you are an Eels fan. You can never be confident.
Hell, the last time I was confident about a game was the 2005 Preliminary Final, and we all know how that turned out.

We've scored about 29 points more than the Cowboys. At times our attack has been deadset ordinary.

I'm not confident at all. I think it will be a very tough game. And I bet the commentators will go on about them missing JT and Scott while glossing over the players we're missing.

Someguy

First Grade

If I was a parra fan I would be feeling nervous, game you should win but against a team that just seems to stay in the game even when outmatched. Parra need to put them away early or be prepared for an 80 minute grind. Discipline may be the deciding factor if it's a close one

Eelementary

Post Whore
This will not be an easy game for Parra; Taumalolo, Morgan, Coote, Granville, Martin, Asiata, Hess...

Bloody handy side, imo, even missing Scott and Thurston.

And they're running on fumes, but playing with guys, passion, and heart.

Honestly, I think we can win, but it will be a tough game.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
All I can say is that Hess is a bit more than overated.

Taumalolo is the Cow's best forward by the length of two Flemington straights.

Knightmare

Coach
Cowboys have plenty of spirit, but tonight it's Parra's game to lose. I think the Eels will pull away in the final 20 minutes where the fatigue from the weeks' travel and the 90 minute game 6 days ago vs the Sharks will take its' toll on NQ...