What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Everest

lockyno1

Post Whore
The people's horse Wazn should have made a comeback!

I hate this race, it's useless and I struggle to see the point of it! Wasn't it to get more Internationals? Well they have NONE!

Sphagnum

Coach
The people's horse Wazn should have made a comeback!

I hate this race, it's useless and I struggle to see the point of it! Wasn't it to get more Internationals? Well they have NONE!
No it was to try and generate some publicity for the Sydney spring. It seems to be working as intended.

Could be a cracker of a race if a few more fall into place.

The internationals would just get in the way anyway. They're Donkeys.

lockyno1

Post Whore
No it was to try and generate some publicity for the Sydney spring. It seems to be working as intended.

Could be a cracker of a race if a few more fall into place.

The internationals would just get in the way anyway. They're Donkeys.

I'd rather see Caravaggio run than see Redkirk Warrior run. Whether the Internationals win is a moot point it adds to the race.

The race will be gone in 2 years.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I'm a fan of it think it has generated a lot of interest for Sydney racing during the Spring which otherwise wouldn't have been there.

Do agree with Locky to a degree though with the amount of coin on offer you would have though we'd have got at least 2-3 internationals, not counting Brave Smash.

Whether or not they would have measured up is another story but it just adds to the intrigue. Because the way it sits at the moment is that its just going to be another standard sprinting grp1 field, most of the horses have raced each other multiple times already.

Only real intrigue for mine comes from the 3yo's running but Houtzen has already been knocked off first up, if She Will Reign doesn't win impressively it will just dull the whole event imo. Menari will probably start odds on in the Golden Rose run ordinary get an ''injury'' and be retired and not even start.

Also does anyone know why Voodoo Lad isn't in any of the markets? I love that horse

lockyno1

Post Whore
There is no way Voodoo Lad would win regardless it's a few lengths behind Menari for starters

ebbedfred

Bench
Only real intrigue for mine comes from the 3yo's running but Houtzen has already been knocked off first up, if She Will Reign doesn't win impressively it will just dull the whole event imo.

She Will Reign in The Moir first up, they been building up to it with a trial and another on Tuesday. Has been looking good in track work but the Moir may be tough, Redzel may set a tough pace and if SWR doesn't start well could be tough to get around the tight MV course. I'm excited to see SWR on some Good tracks, her only race on a good track was her first run.

With Melham unable to make the Moir weight, and Craig Williams suspended after today, looks like McEvoy is now going to be on board for the first time too which adds another element for the Moir.

I won't be too disheartened if she gets beat first up, just hoping she there or there abouts, really pumped for her Everest run.

Last edited:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Honestly I think the champ just wins this..

His last furlong in the shorts he was fair dinkum low-flying. He was last 8 lengths off the leaders 200 out and then was in front of the lot of them 30m past the post, Avdulla couldn't pull him up.

Sphagnum

Coach
Redzel has made Lemons look like quite the fool..

I prefer the good old days when it used to get its arse kicked by Strindberg
Lol. strindberg can't even win at Ipswich or caloundra midweek now.

It like when Winx was getting towelled up by that walker first seal. How?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Honestly I think the champ just wins this..

His last furlong in the shorts he was fair dinkum low-flying. He was last 8 lengths off the leaders 200 out and then was in front of the lot of them 30m past the post, Avdulla couldn't pull him up.

Don't agree. Have it as my 4th pick but I thought it should have been closer than it was.

Assuming Menari runs, have that as my top pick. Then Vega Magic, Brave Smash, Chatauqua.

I look at Brave Smash's first run and it nearly beat Vega Magic who dead set won the Memsie Stakes in a canter. That was a barrier trial for Vega Magic. The only query which is why I haven't got VM on top is the fact it is in Sydney.

It's a lottery of a race though and I'll take a few in the quaddie in that leg.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Vega Magic never ran the Sydney way before so i can't have that first time around in this deeply talented field,not that it isn't a good horse of course but happy to take the risk.

She Will Reign is a Golden Slipper winner so happy to put the pen through her as you can't trust them as they get older as evidenced by Capitalist,Vancouver etc etc etc

Brave Smash is an overrated donkey and shouldn't even be in the field

Redkirk Warrior is a straight track horse and has no hope

English is a overrated donkey

Fell Swoop can never beat these type of horses

Russian Revolution looks more like a 1000m-1100m horse to me

Houtzen isn't good enough

Speith always finds trouble in races the lesbian

Summary

Only Chautauqua or Redzel can win the Everest

Side not,horses like Clearly Innocent and Deploy would have a better chance than most of the donkeys i mentioned above if they made the field.

You're welcome

Sphagnum

Coach
Ben melham has jumped off she will reign. Can't make the weight.

Reckons he could make 52 but 51 too hard.

Sounds like she will reign is not going well enough to me.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Vega Magic never ran the Sydney way before so i can't have that first time around in this deeply talented field,not that it isn't a good horse of course but happy to take the risk.

She Will Reign is a Golden Slipper winner so happy to put the pen through her as you can't trust them as they get older as evidenced by Capitalist,Vancouver etc etc etc

Brave Smash is an overrated donkey and shouldn't even be in the field

Redkirk Warrior is a straight track horse and has no hope

English is a overrated donkey

Fell Swoop can never beat these type of horses

Russian Revolution looks more like a 1000m-1100m horse to me

Houtzen isn't good enough

Speith always finds trouble in races the lesbian

Summary

Only Chautauqua or Redzel can win the Everest

Side not,horses like Clearly Innocent and Deploy would have a better chance than most of the donkeys i mentioned above if they made the field.

You're welcome
That easy???? thanks BrassallTrain.