What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge

Vote for next coach after Madge - possibles.

• Tooves

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Cartwright

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Furner

• Dean Pay

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Another Assistant coach from top tier club

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Taylor (Rip)- New South Wales cup best coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madge with a fair pay cut.

• Gardiner (bears)- going ok with so so side

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bradford ( super league)- uber coach

• None of the above, I will nominate my own schmukles.

• Total voters

southsport

First Grade
If the rumours are correct apparently Paul Green is a real hard ass. Won't let his players attend christenings, parties etc as it doesn't contribute to the footy season. Obviously he's a better strategist than Madge but he's got the same hard, militant style.

Well it works for him, let's see how Madge goes at Belmore if he gets the gig.

Dogmatix

Juniors
I have always said Souths would be mad to let Maguire go and he would be a great pick up for another club

If he goes to the Dogs I can see him ushering in a new golden age for the Dogs

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
hard to say dogmatix you have to have the cattle i like the dogs but they aint no melb storm are they??in my belief the dogs are (4 1st grade players) behind the storms 1-17 squad today....Shadow...

southsport

First Grade
We'll have to wait and see but I'm happy he's gone and the dogs can have him, it wouldn't surprise me if he had initial success and then it fell away like it did with Souths.

doyen

Bench
I have always said Souths would be mad to let Maguire go and he would be a great pick up for another club

It will be golden,possibly,in the short term but that gold will probably turn to a stinking brown in the long term.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You seriously don't like Cody. He didn't have a problem with Madge, he had a problem with the board for not giving him an upgrade..
I like Cody as s player of course I do.

It's his attitude and how he tanked a bit imo on the field in one of the games that I didn't like....... he just didn't even want to be there in one of the games.....

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
I'm LMAO!!!!!

Have you not watched the Cowboys, Roosters, Broncos, Storm and Panthers?????

We are so far behind these teams in key facets that it's just ridiculous.........

Our culture on the field and with our admin isn't clicking at all!!!!

Can't the loonies see we are down a winger and prop plus back up half???.......

If a couple of injuries hit I'd say we have one of the worst depth options to turn too out of all teams!!!!!

We should be chasing either Cornish or Jayden Nikorima off the Roosters........

The Roosters depth compared to us is just like wooooahhhhhhh........

They are clueless and a bit of what they said in the ask the bosses I found to be a bit arrogant....... especially from Richo.........

If I was there I'd have told him you can't rely on such an injury prone man to be back up half in Connor Tracy!!!!! The guy hasn't been on the field in a couple of years........ we can't just put Sutto back in the halves if injury hits........

Seriously..........

At prop we are short on depth too..........

It's a f**king shambles............

Look at George Burgess. He's physically not up for it currently..... sorry but it's the truth.......

If Tom or Sam get injured we'll we are gonna have to rely on the likes of Turner and Clark at prop and I'm sorry but these 2 wouldn't make it into any top 8 team and that's the harsh truth.......

Penrith are on the up and look how they gave us Robert and Burns well they ain't missing em..... they are laughing currently I can tell you that......

Now Hymel Hunt is either injured or suspended...... the guy doesn't get his hands dirty either and wouldn't make a top 8 squad......

Gosiewski we keep hoping for things from well he just keeps getting injured.......

Britt is not big enough.............

As for GI he says he wants to be fullback. Well I'm sorry but we just need him on the f**king field and his body can only handle centre.

Keep AJ at fullback.

Seibold is already gonna give GI fullback. Seibold needs to cut out his personal relationships with players like GI ffrom the maroons camp and the history there and make the right call. He needs to take charge and not let players do what they want that just doesn't benefit the team.......

Mr Seibold play AJ at fullback I repeat and dump Farah to Norths.

They are two musts...........

I'm glad you're LMAO (whatever that is)

Yes I've watched all those teams, i believe our culture is just as strong, I think all clubs face different challenges, we've faced ours & if we're to believe management we have put in place a stable system that should not force us to fall away again if we lose staff etc, i have no reason not to believe that can be the case

As far as recruitment & retention, well thats one for the experts to initiate & the nuffies in the grandstands to jibber about, as far as Halves go, in my opinion, yes Tracey will hopefully stay fit & put some pressure on the first grade squad but so should Adam Doueihi

As for the Burgess twins, they probably haven't lived up to their promise & there may be things like injury etc going on, i don't know, we can only speculate, i do know that they are still very young with unlimited potential, i have no idea how much they're on & either do you, thats private between them, the club & their managers etc, i'm pretty happy having them at the club, i'm happy with Musgrove, i'm happy that we have two or three very good young blokes coming through the system that could be anything, i think a year, a off season etc for young men playing footy is massive & maturity happens pretty quick, i also noted that Richo did say that we're still due a couple of key signings, i'd be shocked if a front rower didn't turn up, there are still a few clubs looking for salary cap relief

Jennings & Burns will come good, probably used a bit soon but the exposure to first grade will be good for them, Jennings definitely had a bit of a watershed game in the final game with a few tries & a strong performance, you have to remember that these two are still very young

Seibold hasn't coached a game yet, hasnt even thought of putting a game day squad together & youre talking about personal relationships & criticising him, f**k me, give the bloke a chance

again, as far as positions & the like, well its good that passionate supporters are arguing their cases on social media etc, its all part of the fun, but we have to let the experts work that out, they're the ones that watch them every day & gauge these things, not much we can do about it

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm glad you're LMAO (whatever that is)

Yes I've watched all those teams, i believe our culture is just as strong, I think all clubs face different challenges, we've faced ours & if we're to believe management we have put in place a stable system that should not force us to fall away again if we lose staff etc, i have no reason not to believe that can be the case

As far as recruitment & retention, well thats one for the experts to initiate & the nuffies in the grandstands to jibber about, as far as Halves go, in my opinion, yes Tracey will hopefully stay fit & put some pressure on the first grade squad but so should Adam Doueihi

As for the Burgess twins, they probably haven't lived up to their promise & there may be things like injury etc going on, i don't know, we can only speculate, i do know that they are still very young with unlimited potential, i have no idea how much they're on & either do you, thats private between them, the club & their managers etc, i'm pretty happy having them at the club, i'm happy with Musgrove, i'm happy that we have two or three very good young blokes coming through the system that could be anything, i think a year, a off season etc for young men playing footy is massive & maturity happens pretty quick, i also noted that Richo did say that we're still due a couple of key signings, i'd be shocked if a front rower didn't turn up, there are still a few clubs looking for salary cap relief

Jennings & Burns will come good, probably used a bit soon but the exposure to first grade will be good for them, Jennings definitely had a bit of a watershed game in the final game with a few tries & a strong performance, you have to remember that these two are still very young

Seibold hasn't coached a game yet, hasnt even thought of putting a game day squad together & youre talking about personal relationships & criticising him, f**k me, give the bloke a chance

again, as far as positions & the like, well its good that passionate supporters are arguing their cases on social media etc, its all part of the fun, but we have to let the experts work that out, they're the ones that watch them every day & gauge these things, not much we can do about it

You do make some very good points. I think it's hard to defend the culture part however. We have this "no dickhead" policy at Souths that has really backfired on us. The reality is that some of the best players in the NRL are in fact dickheads. I like the way that Bellamy dealt with Jesse Bromwich this year. I think ultimately copying the storm should be our goal because they are the epitome of success in the NRL. In saying this I think we have done very well in that area all you have to do is look at how much better north Sydney and our U20's was this year compared to last year. All we really need now is for our spine to start firing again. Things are definitely looking better this season than they were the last :blush: only thing I've disliked is the sacking of Madge but maybe I'm wrong about it all.

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
You do make some very good points. I think it's hard to defend the culture part however. We have this "no dickhead" policy at Souths that has really backfired on us. The reality is that some of the best players in the NRL are in fact dickheads. I like the way that Bellamy dealt with Jesse Bromwich this year. I think ultimately copying the storm should be our goal because they are the epitome of success in the NRL. In saying this I think we have done very well in that area all you have to do is look at how much better north Sydney and our U20's was this year compared to last year. All we really need now is for our spine to start firing again. Things are definitely looking better this season than they were the last :blush: only thing I've disliked is the sacking of Madge but maybe I'm wrong about it all.

I think its pretty hard to gauge the culture unless you're a part of it, its more than just an external thing that the fans witness, you'd really have to get inside the organisation, the players always talk positively about the culture, which of course could be just lip service but who knows

I think that "no dickhead policy" was trotted out a long time ago, i can't even remember who said it, i haven't heard it for some time, however i do support getting rid of players who f*ck up, keeping them just erodes everything that you've achieved & the other players notice, its really unfortunate that some of the players who started their careers at souths have fallen by the wayside, but ultimately in the long run i see it as a positive towards a winning culture

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think its pretty hard to gauge the culture unless you're a part of it, its more than just an external thing that the fans witness, you'd really have to get inside the organisation, the players always talk positively about the culture, which of course could be just lip service but who knows

I think that "no dickhead policy" was trotted out a long time ago, i can't even remember who said it, i haven't heard it for some time, however i do support getting rid of players who f*ck up, keeping them just erodes everything that you've achieved & the other players notice, its really unfortunate that some of the players who started their careers at souths have fallen by the wayside, but ultimately in the long run i see it as a positive towards a winning culture

Ahh well I hope your right. A sustainable run at the top would
be much better than what happened to us after 2014!

doyen

Bench

Sths were to get that Golden Era too,but alas,it was pretty much all downhill after 2014.
Madge,IMO,relies too heavily on structure & limits the natural flair of his chargers.

Structure in defence is great but a coach needs to be more open with his approach to scoring points. Madge,& STHS, became hugely predictable in this regard!

Pommy

Coach

If he goes to dogs he could very well be successful but his time at Souths was up. It was time for a change.
He inherited a very good squad at both Wigan and Souths.
For me I look at dogs buisness so far and I think the squad looks worse than this year, so it is going to be a big test of his ability if he does go to you guys.
Although I have heard Warrington are waiting on their season being complete to announce him as coach.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If it's true that Russell Crowe was the man who made the decision to resign Sutton then I am very disappointed in Richo. Keep Crowe away from the footy decisions for f**ks sake. Letting go of Goodwin and resigning Sutton doesn't make any sense. Goodwin has had a better season that Sutton...

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
If it's true that Russel Crowe was the man who made the decision to resign Sutton then I am very disappointed in Richo. Keep Crowe away from the footy decisions for f**ks sake. Letting go of Goodwin and resigning Sutton doesn't make any sense. Goodwin has had a better season that Sutton...
Letting Goodwin go was and is a mistake.....