What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legacy of the 'big 3'

isaiah

Bench
If they somehow lose next week; cronk, Slater, and cam Smith will have won one premiership. If that's the end of Slater and cronk's nrl careers, they will surely be remembered as failing to achieve much in club footy over long careers. Also winning percentages of games they played should be adjusted taking into account how their team cheated the cap and would have lost all the games in those seasons. The club has only won as many premierships in the last 12 years as souths, Cronulla, Broncos, etc. Much more should be made of the two sets of books when assessing their club careers.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
It seems everyone in here is a little butt hurt that the 3 of them don't play for there team. Most logical people without a axe to grind can see 3 players that epitomize all that's good with league. Yes the salary cap thing happened but theres barely a club that hasn't been fined for salary cap breaches, where do you draw the line?. Storm developed these players as well as folau and inglis and didn't poach them. Storm and the big 3 deserve the credit of being a team for the ages but I do believe that if they don't win next week it does affect there legacy.

mave

Coach
It seems everyone in here is a little butt hurt that the 3 of them don't play for there team. Most logical people without a axe to grind can see 3 players that epitomize all that's good with league. Yes the salary cap thing happened but theres barely a club that hasn't been fined for salary cap breaches, where do you draw the line?. Storm developed these players as well as folau and inglis and didn't poach them. Storm and the big 3 deserve the credit of being a team for the ages but I do believe that if they don't win next week it does affect there legacy.

Where do you draw the line?

Oh, I don't know, maybe the signing of duplicate contracts and boats mysteriously showing up in the driveway ?

Storms cap cheating went well beyond simple miscalclautions or 2nd tier overspend due to injury.

stryker

First Grade
What a bunch of sooks lol Melbournes big 3 have had unbelievably successful football careers.
Its never a surprise which club's supporters are the biggest critics.

stryker

First Grade
Where do you draw the line?

Oh, I don't know, maybe the signing of duplicate contracts and boats mysteriously showing up in the driveway ?

Storms cap cheating went well beyond simple miscalclautions or 2nd tier overspend due to injury.
Only difference between storm and manly is storm got caught. Keep out of those glass houses.

mave

Coach
Only difference between storm and manly is storm got caught. Keep out of those glass houses.

Considering we have had auditors all over us all year, thanks to Toddy and the SMH lady, with zero result thus far, I think I can keep on throwing.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
2 questions...
1. If a player gets a upgraded contract would he be aware if the club throws out the initial one?

2. Are all 3rd party deals money? Could they possibly be cars, boats, etc?

I guess a media organization saying that a boat just turned up sounds a lot better than 3rd party deal was a boat.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Considering we have had auditors all over us all year, thanks to Toddy and the SMH lady, with zero result thus far, I think I can keep on throwing.

Lol That doesn't mean much. Storm had Schubert auditing us every year and found nothing. Took the instigator to roll over on us to find anything. I'm sure the drugs (goat semen or whatever) your blokes took were legal.