What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould Melbourne Storm overrated

Big Pete

Referee
But Gould isn't completely wrong and is entitled to his opinion. Storm were lucky to beat Parra in week 1 and they were flattered by the 30-0 score last Friday.

Melbourne tore through the Eels line on 9 separate occasions. If anything the Eels were 'lucky' to not get touched up.

Credit to the Eels, they put up a much better fight than my mob but there was nothing 'lucky' about the Storm's win.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The thing is, the only time Parramatta looked to trouble Melbourne was when Melbourne were a man down tho. Other then that 10 minute period the Eels had nothing. That's the stupid thing

Hahaha yeah that part made me laugh. said parra should have won cause storm scored one try off a forward pass and the other two were flukes. Ignored the fact that the eels scored 2 tries against 12 and the other was off a mistimed pass that ended up in the wrong guys hands

Parra Pride

Referee
Hahaha yeah that part made me laugh. said parra should have won cause storm scored one try off a forward pass and the other two were flukes. Ignored the fact that the eels scored 2 tries against 12 and the other was off a mistimed pass that ended up in the wrong guys hands

Do the tries not count because Kenny Edwards was smart enough to get a Storm merkin binned?

Perth Red

Post Whore
But Gould isn't completely wrong and is entitled to his opinion. Storm were lucky to beat Parra in week 1 and they were flattered by the 30-0 score last Friday.

Broncos were fortunate storm only played for 30mins or the score could have been very embarrasing. 30-0 was a fair reflection of the 30mins they actually clicked into gear!

Blues Riff

Bench
Ha, another thread by a sooky Sharks supporter. Have you actually listened to the podcast? Crap articles like this are the reason Gus closed his Twitter. Every f**king comment gets twisted into some overblown news story. Just more fodder for the mental midgets with a chip on their shoulder. How dare he suggest that the Storm are beatable? ,better get back to the Fox network for the 24/7 rim-job on Smith.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Phil Gould is overrated just like the Storm

Number of Origin series won as a coach

Fatty Vautin 1
Craig Bellamy 0

Fatty Vautin 3-0 over Phil Gould

myrrh ken

First Grade
Yeah Cronulla had to win away from home against Canberra, beat the defending premiers and the might of the Storm in the grand final.

Yep soft premiers

Did slugface ever explain his comment? Sharks won a million in a row, yet still ended up behind the storm robots and a rampaging green machine in the race for the shield.

In contrast, the storm basically were uncontested for the shield and walked into the gf this year.

carcharias

Immortal
I still remember in the dark days of NQ football, he used to deathride my club like a beaten favourite. ‘Who would want to go up there and play, they bring nothing to the comp, why are they in our comp??.....’ in perticular I remember he was very vocal on one Sunday footy show episode.

we managed to jag a win not long after against Canterbury at ANZ in 2000, Paul Bowman, as he got subbed off with the Cowbs holding a decent lead, went over to an onfield mic and shouted into it ‘Shove that up ya f$@@ing ass Gus!’ Or words to that effect.

Gould is a piece of know it all shit that actually knows f$@& all about our game. Listening to him brag that ‘i said this at halftime...... blah blah and they’re doing it!!!!’

Shut up Gus.

Hahaha

There is nothing better in the game than a live f bomb .

He hates the sharks too.
He even said it during a game once.
I am so glad he was front and centre last year.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Who cares what the bitter old fool says.
His 5 year plan is running 3 years late and he's feeling the pressure.
Soft comp last year according to him....... Lol
Deflect Gus, keep deflecting.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Gould is a tool. His 5 year plan has lapsed with the Panthers and he never won a grand final with the rorters. He is one bitter old man.

mongoose

Coach
honestly wouldn't surprise me if he's just making controversial statements to draw some attention away from all this GF tickets BS

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Did anyone else listen to the actual interview?

This article is awfully selective in the quotes he used. The majority of what he said heaped praise on the storm, he was basically just saying that they looked vulnerable against the eels, and that is a blueprint that proves that they are not invincible. But he also acknowledged that they are the best team in the comp.

Gould is a pain in the arse commentator, but the problem here is the telegraph, not Gould.
Typcial Telecrap clickbait article.

Blues Riff

Bench
Once more for the dummies- there was never a 5 year plan.

Gould did have a plan to overhall the player developement system though, and funnily enough the NSW Cup Premiers will be playing in the curtain raiser this week, a team brimming with locally developed talent. The Hunters even have two ex-Penrith players. Y'see? this is what a genuine RL club does, invest in the sport. Meanwhile the rest of you can wank over which Panther you're going to sign next.

Latest posts