What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Entertainment

Life's Good

Coach
I am a metal fan. I listen almost exclusively to metal of varying levels of obscurity, occasionally with some good hard rock sneaking in. I never listen to the radio purposely.

I've still heard of Macklemore.

80% of Sydney's music radio plays modern pop all day every day. My girlfriend plays top40 music. My work plays top 40 music. TV plays and references top 40 music. He's had numerous #1 hits. He won the Triple J 100 a few years ago.

Not calling anyone names but wondering how you manage to avoid even hearing of things that are hugely popular... and can you teach me? But really to me it's almost like saying you've never heard of The Bachelor or something.

I never said I hadn't heard of him. I was just pointing out some people don't generally know of musicians because of their particular taste.
To be honest I thought Macklemore was an indie band and had no idea he was a (c)rapper.

For the sake of hearing the 'I told you so' I hope he delivers a good performance. Heck, I might even pay attention.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I dont know if the NRL got him knowing the performance would coincide with the SSM stuff or if that is pure coincidence, but its some f*cking good coverage for us...

Dinosaurs like Abbott gets a front page saying "NRL better not play that homo song" while Macklmore gets a front page saying "f*ck off, ya pedo".

All the while, the NRL is sitting back thinking "we are getting heaps of really positive coverage, a lot with people who generally wouldnt take notice of us, without even lifting a finger. Heheheh"

adamkungl

Immortal
I dont know if the NRL got him knowing the performance would coincide with the SSM stuff or if that is pure coincidence, but its some f*cking good coverage for us...

Dinosaurs like Abbott gets a front page saying "NRL better not play that homo song" while Macklmore gets a front page saying "f*ck off, ya pedo".

All the while, the NRL is sitting back thinking "we are getting heaps of really positive coverage, a lot with people who generally wouldnt take notice of us, without even lifting a finger. Heheheh"

NRL has a lot more young fans with disposable income to gain than old codgers to lose by publicly supporting SSM.

Willing to bet a good portion of the boycott crowd don't actually attend any games anyway and just sook from their couch.

Game_Breaker

Coach

Exactly, it's free publicity

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The Macklemore furore has been a massive publicity win for the NRL. His song is zooming up the charts and heaps of people will be tuning it to watch.

The pride of the league - the North Queensland Cowboys, have a chance to win their second premiership.

Yet there is thread after negative thread by sad numpties on this forum.

RockWheel

Bench
The Macklemore furore has been a massive publicity win for the NRL. His song is zooming up the charts and heaps of people will be tuning it to watch.

The pride of the league - the North Queensland Cowboys, have a chance to win their second premiership.

Yet there is thread after negative thread by sad numpties on this forum.
rugby league fans hate rugby league. it's the common bond which brings us all together.

simmo05

Bench
I dont hate him, he would have been a good choice, but the song he is singing is not a gf song. Its f**king sleep inducing. That is the real travesty here.
It makes pete murray in 05 look like slipknot.

M2D2

Bench
The NRL couldn't buy this sort of publicity..."love is between a man and a woman and the man's teammates"

8657596.gif

Pommy

Coach
No issue with the song I just don’t think he is a great artist for the grand final.
Chisel were awesome in 2015, I can’t remember who did it last year so they must have been shit and I imagine next year I will be saying the same.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
We don’t often have a performer who is both big internationally and currently relevant. Not my cup of tea but he was a good get.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
No issue with the song I just don’t think he is a great artist for the grand final.
Chisel were awesome in 2015, I can’t remember who did it last year so they must have been shit and I imagine next year I will be saying the same.
Chisel? Vomitorium

Bazal

Post Whore
Just because there’s a plebiscite it doesn’t mean we want to know what you get up to with 37 burley miners.

I didn't say they were burley....you seem to know an awful lot about these miners for someone who claims they weren't even there