What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Entertainment

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
You're right. If Macklemore and Cold Chisel held a concert next door to each other at the same time you'd find more youth at Macklemore.

But does the entertainment sway anyone's decision on attending the NRL GF? I'm usually lining up for a beer or a piss when they sing so its like elevator music to me.

I honestly think it depends whether or not you're really into concerts. I agree I'm at the footy to watch footy but if you're going to put entertainment there it may as well be entertainment that's actually relevant in the modern age to attract the people who may be interested in the music. I personally wouldn't care if Macklemore, cold chisel or the f**king wiggles played.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Watching the post-game AFL concert.

Macklemore will have to do something pretty f**king special to be better than The Killers.

Agreed sadly. When I saw the Killers I thought perfect for nrl. The fact they did an Oils cover means they did their homework and made it about the fans.

Not a rap fan admittedly upfront so completely biased. But the best lines in arguably Macklemores best song (Thrift Shop) are sung by some other fella.

Did some research and found the merkin completely underwhelming.........

carcharias

Immortal
Midnight oil are in town and in red hot form after playing 50 plus sold out concerts around the world.
Not sure if they would've done it
Or
Maybe the NRL were too scared to ask them

The only thing people are talking about is a band playing an Oils song.

The ARIA Album Chart this week has The Killers #1 and Macklemore at #3...both new albums debuting on chart.

What is Perth Red's analysis of this? Also.
Has the poor dear found somewhere to have breakfast? Is he damning Sydney for the lack of buzz about the switch to daylight savings?

carcharias

Immortal
The ARIA Album Chart this week has The Killers #1 and Macklemore at #3...both new albums debuting on chart.

Has the poor dear found somewhere to have breakfast? Is he damning Sydney for the lack of buzz about the switch to daylight savings?
He is at the stadium pushing children out of the way at the pass the ball game.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
While we are at it, night finals suck arse

Bring back the day time grand final please

AFL can manage it, for those who like to keep score

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
With both the NRL an VFL getting a bunch for headlines for politically contraversial topics, im wondering if this might become a regular thing...

Im sure the sports love the attention and love being seen as the vanguard for positive social change. Im sure Soccer and Union will jump on it for the headlines and VFL-NRL might be afriad they will lose geoun to the other if they dont act on it.

We might be seeing the beginning of a new trend...

carcharias

Immortal
While we are at it, night finals suck arse

Bring back the day time grand final please

AFL can manage it, for those who like to keep score

I agree
I saw the killers did an after the game concert on the field
( I'm only guessing but I assume it was the same field the game was played on )

It wouldn't have been late.

Last year it was pretty late when they were still making speeches.
Ol misery guts Smith thought it was his gig and he spoke for about 65 mins.
Hope he keeps his losers speech shorter this year.

seanoff

Juniors
I agree

The AFL open the gates to the MCG about 90mins after the game finishes and the free concert is open to anyone who wants to stay or turn up. The winning side also turn up and are introduced.

Its a pretty decent initiative.

insert.pause

First Grade
I agree

Last year it was pretty late when they were still making speeches.
Ol misery guts Smith thought it was his gig and he spoke for about 65 mins.
Hope he keeps his losers speech shorter this year.
he did the same thing when locky retired from origin, he loves the limelight.

insert.pause

First Grade

3 songs in top 10 of itunes chart, the guy must have something people like.