What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

Benek

Juniors
Is there any chance the Warriors are making a play for Des, or are we definitely stuck with SK for his three year term?

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
He should of quit. More important things than footy

Like having no job and unable to support your family, pay medical bills & pay two daughters education (Kiwis In Oz remember)?
Strong lady, strong family, and a decision made by them all by the looks. Don't know but guessing a lot of whanau support over where they've been living for some time or the decision would have been different?

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Bit of a rock and hard place.
He had a signed contract, doubt he could pick up his old job and or find a local job easily, Warriors job probably paid better, his dream chance to coach NRL top level, sounds like family never planned to move over anyway?

Still pretty sure I wouldn't be allowed to do the same, pretty sure I'd be high on the asshole meter with family, in laws etc

Youngest 1 more year of high school?

Perhaps they're over there & supportive of both?

Like having no job and unable to support your family, pay medical bills & pay two daughters education (Kiwis In Oz remember)?
Strong lady, strong family, and a decision made by them all by the looks. Don't know but guessing a lot of whanau support over where they've been living for some time or the decision would have been different?
Depends if they have applied for Australian citizenship.
Which if they plan to go to uni would be silly not to, especially now the rules have changed about funding.

JJ

Immortal
Youngest 1 more year of high school?

Perhaps they're over there & supportive of both?
Obviously you're his #1 cheerleader

At the end of the day it's their business not ours - just unfathomable to me no matter what - obviously he could have stayed in Brisbane, but again, their business you might perceive me judging, I am not - just don't understand

jaseg

Juniors
I'd rather see Ricky Henry elevated than either Stacey or Neil Henry take the job. (But I'd prefer someone who has a longer history of success at that level - like a Garth Brennan)

Oh would you look at that, Brennan has just added another NSW cup title to his resume. How about that.

Somebody's going to benefit from his elevation to a head coach role, why can't it be us for once?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Oh would you look at that, Brennan has just added another NSW cup title to his resume. How about that.

Somebody's going to benefit from his elevation to a head coach role, why can't it be us for once?
I'd honestly give him a shot because he's an actual coach. However Im a nothing more than a fan.

Blair

Coach
Still flabbergasted that Kearney could come from such a magnificently efficient club like the Storm but have such a poor record as a head-coach. We get an ex-Storm guy and we'd justifiably expect some results, no?

Blair

Coach
I've pretty much written off 2018 and any enjoyment I've had from the Warriors, Kearney has been the turning point for me

Same here, bud. I'm lukewarm at best, but will go full tit for reserve grade.

As mentioned on this thread, our timing's always off. There's Hasler, Maquire and possibly Toovey on the market now, but we owe Kearney another year.

Just being at the GF last night, all that atmosphere and the awesome sight and sound of the block of fans at each end, rammed it home to me that, 'we're not reaching an occasion like this, with a coach like that'.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Brennan, McGuire, the Walkers, Hasler, Walters, and others all looking for work - and we have Kearney - woop woop

Diesel

Coach
Really hope Brennan or Maguire are announced as assistants. Don't see it happening but I'll wish until it's announced

As mentioned on this thread, our timing's always off. There's Hasler, Maquire and possibly Toovey on the market now, but we owe Kearney another year.

Just being at the GF last night, all that atmosphere and the awesome sight and sound of the block of fans at each end, rammed it home to me that, 'we're not reaching an occasion like this, with a coach like that'.

Timing of Bellamy being available in 2019 could finally work for us? His original plan of sending an assistant over to set things may be what's happening? :)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The mole reports this morning that there are 3 groups negotiating with Watson about buying the Warriors (Davys being one who has reentererd discussions)

1 of the groups has its first point of business as sacking Kearney as coach

JJ

Immortal
1 of the groups has its first point of business as sacking Kearney as coach

Someone sensible then?

I am all for stability, that that has to be around someone who is actually a good coach.

The Warriors organisation shit the bed and have created this cluster f**k themselves, just astonishing that they keep appointing people with questionable/dubious/poor or no demonstrated coaching record

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Still flabbergasted that Kearney could come from such a magnificently efficient club like the Storm but have such a poor record as a head-coach. We get an ex-Storm guy and we'd justifiably expect some results, no?
Stephen is clearly a very good assistant coach. Under Bellamy and Bennett results were very good.

Steve Price similar, under Wayne and Flanno two premierships, made as head coach failed rather badly.

The process and all that.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The fact that they're already talking about sacking the coach before the place is even purchased tells me we don't want this owner anywhere near the place.

Better have a damn good replacement lined up if it's the case.

Latest posts