What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Wow. Walmsley would be an excellent acquisition. I remember watching him play about a year ago and thinking who the f**k is this big guy? Our pack certainly wouldn't lack size and aggression with this guy coming off the bench.

At this stage there are no outside backs that will be considered super stars unless clubs let go players.

The Dragons may just have to look at some one from the ESL and well we have seen a player like Greg Eden a so called super star there was utter crap here.

Jonathan Reuben would be worth a go the guy scored nearly 30 tries for the Blackhawks in the Q Cup or even Delouis Hoyter a guy who has played in the NRL only briefly but was excellent for Norths Devils.

Walmsely would certainly add something but I see him going to the Broncos as they have lost a shit load of forwards and have only signed Mago from the Cowboys and he is injury prone.

Crush

Coach
A high quality outside back would be outstanding. The only thing I fear would that they would be wasted with Mary's coaching and game plans. What I wouldn't give for a coach of the calibre of Green, Bellamy or Bennett.
Yeah I reckon 13 other clubs would trade their coaches for those guys in a heartbeat also.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Come on guys if your a top class pommie prop .Who are you going to Wayne Bennett the English coach with lots of brown paper bags .or Paul McGregor with zero zilch no f**kin idea .it's a no brainer . BENNETT by a hundred miles .

Dragon Revival

Juniors
This guy would obviously be a big upgrade on Mike Cooper and Russell
Packer if the Club manages to snag him. Let us keep our fingers crossed that he wants to play with Graham and
Widdop! Perhaps we could top it off with signing Folau, Koreibete or Rona.
In past years we have attracted some good Poms such as Dick Huddart and
Martin Offiah and a few good Rah Rahs such as Kevin Ryan, George Evans, Phil Hawthorne, Michael O'Connor, Scott Gourlay and Andrew Walker.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
This guy would obviously be a big upgrade on Mike Cooper and Russell
Packer if the Club manages to snag him. Let us keep our fingers crossed that he wants to play with Graham and
Widdop! Perhaps we could top it off with signing Folau, Koreibete or Rona.
In past years we have attracted some good Poms such as Dick Huddart and
Martin Offiah and a few good Rah Rahs such as Kevin Ryan, George Evans, Phil Hawthorne, Michael O'Connor, Scott Gourlay and Andrew Walker.

I didn't mind Mike Cooper as he had a fair offload, which not too many current SGI players have.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I didn't mind Mike Cooper as he had a fair offload, which not too many current SGI players have.
I think the offload situation has a bit to do with Mary. He wants to play possession ball and grind teams out. I could find a dozen times when a player had an arm free and either elected not to offload or there was no back up to accept an offload which says to me that they are under instructions. Think Trent Merrin in '15. In '14 under Price he was a prolific offloader. In '15, he had just a handful under Mary. In '16 he returned to being a prolific offloader under Griffin.

mobels

Juniors
I think the offload situation has a bit to do with Mary. He wants to play possession ball and grind teams out. I could find a dozen times when a player had an arm free and either elected not to offload or there was no back up to accept an offload which says to me that they are under instructions. Think Trent Merrin in '15. In '14 under Price he was a prolific offloader. In '15, he had just a handful under Mary. In '16 he returned to being a prolific offloader under Griffin.
We had the most offloads in the whole league this year, bit rough to say that we've been 'coached' not to offload.

Why would they release latimore seriously the club is run by a bunch of turds but that would be rather low even if they did sign Wamlsey and thats a massive if.

Wamsley at this stage is nothing but a rumour and they would probably have to pay a transfer fee and who knows what that would be.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Don't get me started on Merrin.

Along with Morris, he's another one who left because of the 'coach'.

Mind you, I believe the transition from prop to lock has been detrimental to his career.

Old Timer

Coach
Why would they release latimore seriously the club is run by a bunch of turds but that would be rather low even if they did sign Wamlsey and thats a massive if.

Wamsley at this stage is nothing but a rumour and they would probably have to pay a transfer fee and who knows what that would be.
As I said if we get Wamsley who is 27.
Latimore who is 31 and would be reserve grade only & IMO would be blocking the path of someone aged between 20 - 25 so that would be a negative.
As to whether it is fair or a low act how about all the players that keep breaking contracts and asking for releases mid-season?
If the JT rumour is correct then it shows how mercenary it all is and if you want to be successful then best you be mercenary.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
When Bennett coached the team a father of one of the players Alex Ranieri told me that Bennett had all the forwards especially props lined up in pecking order ready to play. If players got injured the next in line would be trained up and ready to slot in as part of a seamless, well oiled machine. Further when Bennett learned that Chase Stanley as a centre could not tackle against the Storm he moved him to wing and brought in Beau Scott as centre and solved the problem pronto unlike Mary who let the backline defence be a problem all year. Bennett brought in players like Boyd, Costigan, Fien and Smith who he could rely on 100% unlike Mary who still probably does not know our best 17 players.

getsmarty

Immortal
When Bennett coached the team a father of one of the players Alex Ranieri told me that Bennett had all the forwards especially props lined up in pecking order ready to play. If players got injured the next in line would be trained up and ready to slot in as part of a seamless, well oiled machine. Further when Bennett learned that Chase Stanley as a centre could not tackle against the Storm he moved him to wing and brought in Beau Scott as centre and solved the problem pronto unlike Mary who let the backline defence be a problem all year. Bennett brought in players like Boyd, Costigan, Fien and Smith who he could rely on 100% unlike Mary who still probably does not know our best 17 players.

Its the difference between a Master and a Rookie coach.

Bench
I would like to see any rumours about getting a speedy winger and/ or a center. We need them more then forwards. We need speed in our backs to compete with the top sided

Latest posts