What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring 2017

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Worst group 1 winners I can remember in recent memory

Zavite
Tears I Cry
Magicool
Murjulisa Lass
The Mission
Econsul
Mourinho
Vanbrugh
Hampton Court

What other donkeys am I forgetting?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Worst group 1 winners I can remember in recent memory

Zavite
Tears I Cry
Magicool
Murjulisa Lass
The Mission
Econsul
Mourinho
Vanbrugh
Hampton Court

What other donkeys am I forgetting?

Headway
River Lad
Rena's Lady
Arapaho Miss
Curata Storm
Teranaba
Every Sydney Cup winner of the past decade lol
Rockdale
Sonntag
Anacheeva
Every Metrop winner of the past decade lol
Peggy Jean
Kibbutz

lockyno1

Post Whore
Also apparently the Trainer wanted to pull her out because he didn't think she was going well enough but Jeff Lloyd convinced the connections to keep her in there.

Doesn't fill you with a great deal of confidence..

Just don't think it's good enough. When it won at the Valley it basically fell in and it was really only beating D graders. To then come and beat multiple group 1 horses, I personally would be very surprised.

The ones I'm having in the quaddie are Vega Magic, Redzel, Chatauqua, SWR, Redkirk Warrior, Deploy (will have In Her Time if it gets a start too). For mine the others are making up the numbers really. Think the winner and probably the trifecta/F4 comes from that lot.

Sphagnum

Coach
Houtzen probably has the gate speed to lead from barrier 1. Doubt it has the strength to sustain the immense pressure it will receive for the entire 1200m though.

I took the $7.50 about redzel. Think it's right there all the way from a good draw and will handle the pressure.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Houtzen probably has the gate speed to lead from barrier 1. Doubt it has the strength to sustain the immense pressure it will receive for the entire 1200m though.

I took the $7.50 about redzel. Think it's right there all the way from a good draw and will handle the pressure.
I know someone who works for one of the owners, they reckon it is flying and are quietly confident.

Their only fear is if the Grey flash brings his A game.

Sphagnum

Coach
Just don't think it's good enough. When it won at the Valley it basically fell in and it was really only beating D graders. To then come and beat multiple group 1 horses, I personally would be very surprised.

The ones I'm having in the quaddie are Vega Magic, Redzel, Chatauqua, SWR, Redkirk Warrior, Deploy (will have In Her Time if it gets a start too). For mine the others are making up the numbers really. Think the winner and probably the trifecta/F4 comes from that lot.

It 'fell in' like Winx fell in on Saturday. Won by a margin eased down.

She's a good filly houtzen but she is very one dimensional and this is a quantum leap in grade.

coolsteve

Juniors

so you only leaving 3 horses out?Deploy for me at odds

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Headway
River Lad
Rena's Lady
Arapaho Miss
Curata Storm
Teranaba
Rockdale
Sonntag
Anacheeva
Peggy Jean
Kibbutz

Couple of real mules in that lot and how did I forget that Merkin in particular one of the most famous boil-overs in a grp1

I was going to say you are being a little harsh on Anacheeva but then I checked its form, it beat Run for Levi and Masquerader in that Guineas so I will definitely let your opinion stand.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Couple of real mules in that lot and how did I forget that Merkin in particular one of the most famous boil-overs in a grp1

I was going to say you are being a little harsh on Anacheeva but then I checked its form, it beat Run for Levi and Masquerader in that Guineas so I will definitely let your opinion stand.
The 1995 Caulfield Guineas Field it wasn’t.

Sphagnum

Coach
Headway
River Lad
Rena's Lady
Arapaho Miss
Curata Storm
Teranaba
Rockdale
Sonntag
Anacheeva
Peggy Jean
Kibbutz

Mossfun
Sale of century
Bulta
Praise indeed
Alcopop
Monaco consul

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Sphagnum jeez you are ruthless son.

Alcopop was a great horse... he went off the boil for a couple of seasons with injury but in his last prep as a 8 or 9 year old won a Caulfield Stakes, 2nd in a Caulfield Cup and then ran a bottler for 3rd in the HK cup at his final start.

I reckon if he hadn't of had injuries he would of been one of the best stayers in Aus of that last decade, certainly one of the best Aussie Bred ones for sure.

Also just realised no one has mentioned Phelan Ready yet haha!