What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite cover songs

LESStar58

Referee
X- Pretty much the best band to ever come out of Los Angeles in my very humble opinion

Breathless (Jerry Lee Lewis)

Soul Kitchen (The Doors)

natheel

Coach
Been listening to the punk goes pop albums and found a decent cover of Lordes "Royals" by Youth in Revolt.

Vozzy

Juniors
Disturbed - Sounds Of Silence
Amon Amarth - Ariels (system of a down)
Moonsorrow - For Whom The Bell Tolls (Metallica)
Blind Guardian - You're The Voice (John Farnham)

David Gray Say Hello Wave Goodbye [Soft Cell cover].

And this Def Leppard cover of Mick Ronson's Only After Dark.

Fischerspooner covering Wire's The 15th.

The Smashing Pumpkins covering Alice Cooper's New Wave (completely under-rated gem) Clones (We're All). [The original is totally awesome too].

Robert Plant / Honey Dippers Sea of Love

I always liked Wheatus' version of A Little Respect too. But I can only find shitty re-recording vids.

And the ELO / Jeff Lynne version of Xanadu...not technically a cover. But great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4siEWXsZBHM

gUt

Coach
Burt Bacharach

Cop Shoot Cop

Black Sabbath

I believe this is the theme to the 1915 film The Golem (or music from it anyway)

Stevie Wonder

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
Rolling Stones

From the musical Porgy & Bess, Gershwin

Theme from the films

Roberto Murolo

Massive Attack

Last edited:

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
David Gray Say Hello Wave Goodbye [Soft Cell cover].

And this Def Leppard cover of Mick Ronson's Only After Dark.

Fischerspooner covering Wire's The 15th.

The Smashing Pumpkins covering Alice Cooper's New Wave (completely under-rated gem) Clones (We're All). [The original is totally awesome too].

Robert Plant / Honey Dippers Sea of Love

I always liked Wheatus' version of A Little Respect too. But I can only find shitty re-recording vids.

And the ELO / Jeff Lynne version of Xanadu...not technically a cover. But great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4siEWXsZBHM
Wow!! Mick Ronson's solo album "Slaughter On 10th Avenue" had Only After Dark on it. I bought the vinyl when it came out and played it to a mate who was a Bowie freak. I told him it was a limited release of Bowie's new album. Poor merkin took the bait until I told him the truth.

I remember in the 80s and 90s two things about covers :

- they made great B-sides (geez I loved B-sides - covers, oddities, extended mixes, the occasional soundtrack song, throwaways, live tracks)

- they rarely printed the lyrics in the CD booklets / cassette covers / LP slips.

YouTube helps now with people posting about how a song is a cover and I love exploring and cross referencing finding the original artists.