What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JLT One day cup 2017 (Sept 27 - Oct 21)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This guy?

021-Imran-Khan.jpg

The original "Like a Tiger!" LOL
LOL!!

The lion of Lahore himself.

RockWheel

Bench
say what you will but I preferred this comp when it was played across the whole season, each team playing every other team home and away, games on channel 9 at the beginning and end of the season when no international's were being played. I dunno how long this comp's got left, wouldn't surprise me if in a few years CA just doesn't schedule it anymore. which would be a shame.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
say what you will but I preferred this comp when it was played across the whole season, each team playing every other team home and away, games on channel 9 at the beginning and end of the season when no international's were being played. I dunno how long this comp's got left, wouldn't surprise me if in a few years CA just doesn't schedule it anymore. which would be a shame.

They are doing that with the Sheffield Shield now a days, into two parts , games to the 3rd Dec. Then 2 months break, then start up again on Feb 2nd.

I think they will keep this one day comp format for a little (as condensed and no interest in it as it is) while there is a 50 over world cup still in existence.

The showpiece of our summer is the BBL, the ashes and when India tour. ODI's crowd figured have plummeted over the last decade

RockWheel

Bench
They are doing that with the Sheffield Shield now a days, into two parts , games to the 3rd Dec. Then 2 months break, then start up again on Feb 2nd.

I think they will keep this one day comp format for a little (as condensed and no interest in it as it is) while there is a 50 over world cup still in existence.

The showpiece of our summer is the BBL, the ashes and when India tour. ODI's crowd figured have plummeted over the last decade
ODI's will exist as long as the world cup does. the world cup will probably continue to go around for a long time partly because of how much the indian public loves it. the outside of the world cup they don't really have much stock anymore in australia (especially since the dissolution of the tri-series). i prefer one day cricket to twenty20 but t20 is where the money is.

it just wouldn't surprise me if CA does away with this comp (even if they don't have to). along with reducing the amount of first class cricket. all CA wants from ODI cricket is good performances at the world cup, and tv ratings here and in india.

Front-Rower

First Grade
It's hard to overstate how bad CA f**ked up by not having this on TV.

Give it to the ABC for free ffs, would have been better than this.

Listening to Slater’s comments on the big sports breakfast it sounds like there was an agreement between 9 and CA to prioritize the women’s and men’s ashes coverage over this tournament this season but no guarantee it will return to screens next year either just quietly.

TheParraboy

Staff member
It's hard to overstate how bad CA f**ked up by not having this on TV.

Give it to the ABC for free ffs, would have been better than this.

Agree

They could have compromised things a bit, maybe show 2nd half of games? Or maybe show all blues games live into NSW, all QLD games live in QLDand so on....

In one way I kinda understand. The interest and "money making" in this series is basically non existent.

People are spending their hard earned on ashes and BBL tickets. Plus they are gonna be wanting people to turn up to the ODI series v poms, and the tri series in t20 with NZ added.

Something has to give

Bazal

Post Whore
That really says plenty about how poor our depth is in this country.

Not really. Marsh is a quality batsman when in form. He's just such a confidence player and if he's down on confidence he bats horribly.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not really. Marsh is a quality batsman when in form. He's just such a confidence player and if he's down on confidence he bats horribly.
He's been a first class cricketer for nearly two decades and he still barely averages 40's. He has talent but has no brains and the concentration span of a gnat. Just another front foot Australian plodder.

Bazal

Post Whore
He's been a first class cricketer for nearly two decades and he still barely averages 40's. He has talent but has no brains and the concentration span of a gnat. Just another front foot Australian plodder.

He's a downhill skier, no question. Shame because he has the ability and the temperament to have been a very good international cricketer. He's good in most conditions against all kinds of bowling, unlike a lot of the guys who came through a few years later.

King hit

Coach
I care and I'm sure the players care. This is Australian domestic cricket's one day championship.

Mitch Marsh MOM, Sean Marsh MOS.

they're back, baby!

I tried to get into this years tournament but not having it on GEM really killed it for me. I've had a blast watching these games over the last 3 years. Just wasn't the same streaming it.

Latest posts