What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 and beyond, our squad and recruitment.

Drag Queen

Bench
Hutch signed for 2018 only
Well I guess it's a start D61.
Updated:
I agree with Coast that maybe the ACL has scare them off Hutch because his re-signing is taking too long.
I'd like to see Payne get a go, but I will leave blank for the time being

Dragons 1st Grade............................................................NSW Cup

Dufty.........................................Fullback...........................Lomax**
McDonald.................................WIng................................Garrick
Mann........................................Wing.................................Periera
Lafai.........................................Centre..............................Herbert
Aitken/Mann.............................Centre..............................Johns**
Widdop.....................................5/8...................................Field
Hunt..........................................7.....................................Sailor
McInnes....................................Hooker............................Robson
Graham....................................Front Row.......................Lawrie
Vaughan...................................Front Row.......................Kerr
Frizell.......................................2nd Row..........................Host/Sele
Thompson................................2nd Row.........................Leilua
DeBelin....................................Lock.................................Latimore

Ah Mau.....................................14....................................Uele**
Sims..........................................15....................................?
Sele/Host..................................16.....................................?
Nightingale................................17.....................................Masters**

**Maybe some U20's that may get a chance and this is just my opinion only.

That would leave 2 spots available for recruitment and 2 spots for development players.

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Well I guess it's a start D61.

There's no secret I'm not a huge fan of Dufty as FB I think I'm right in saying he would be the weakest FB in the comp. Couldn't even cut in the Steeler/Bulldogs game. Fact is he probably lost us that game, I'm open to improvement and I hope he's willing to take on the line next year. A few myopic eyes in this forum. I got a glimpse of Lomax and thought this kid has a lot of potential. I'll wait and see.

Drag
Looks like hutch is gone.

Coast thinks he's gone.
So my info may be wrong.
Lomax looks like the real deal.
But he still at school.
He can't play nrl yet under the new rules re age.
But by the end of next year he will be 100% ready.
As long as he has no set backs

Drag Queen

Bench
Sam Clune can play 6,7 and 9.

Adam Clune can play 6 and 7

Payne can also play 6,7 and 9.

Uele and Mason should get a development contract along with Ford and Angel.

Have to say I think they should retain Hind imo he will be a better alround player then Kerr.
Sam Clune was the one that impressed me most from that team.

Drag Queen

Bench
Drag
Looks like hutch is gone.

Coast thinks he's gone.
So my info may be wrong.
Lomax looks like the real deal.
But he still at school.
He can't play nrl yet under the new rules re age.
But by the end of next year he will be 100% ready.
As long as he has no set backs
I'll check in with my info.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, now our situation looks like this:

Forwards:
LAM, JDB, Friz, Host, Kerr, Lawrie, Leilua, Sele, Sims, Thompson???, Vaughan, Graham, Latimore
Total = (12/13)

Backs:
Aitken, Dufty, Garrick, Herbert, Lafai, Nene, Mann, Nighty, Periera, Lomax
Total = 10

Halves:
Field, Hunt, McInnes
Total = 3

Hookers:
McInnes, Robson
Total = 2

That = 28 (27 if runours of Thommo are correct), so we have 2 spots (3)

Development players:
Masters, Lomax
4 players to be added

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Lomax has been moved into the top 30, was originally supposed to be a development player.
The club has massive wraps on this kid. Millward has just said in the latest recruitment update that he will be shocked if Zac doesn't play some sort of part in the Dragons 2018 campaign.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
You've got McInnes and Lomax twice and missing Widdop and Sailor (development player)

Yeah sorry about that thanks for picking that up.

Halves are of course, Widdop, Hunt and Field

Development players are Masters and Sailor

#'s still at 28 (27)

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Ben Hunt, James Graham and Jeremy Latimore's player profiles have been officially added to the Dragons website. They look awesome in the Red V!

http://www.dragons.com.au/team/player-profiles.html

Also, it looks like our squad of 30 has been finalised. It you click on that link and check out the squad, there are 30 player profiles for the NRL squad... with Lomax, Marsters, Robson and Sailor being added. Unless that's INCLUDING our 6 development players, in which case we still have 6 players to be named to fill out our squad for both full time first grade and development levels.

willzy91

Juniors
Ben Hunt, James Graham and Jeremy Latimore's player profiles have been officially added to the Dragons website. They look awesome in the Red V!

http://www.dragons.com.au/team/player-profiles.html

Also, it looks like our squad of 30 has been finalised. It you click on that link and check out the squad, there are 30 player profiles for the NRL squad... with Lomax, Marsters, Robson and Sailor being added. Unless that's INCLUDING our 6 development players, in which case we still have 6 players to be named to fill out our squad for both full time first grade and development levels.

Yeah that's the senior squad, minus the three development players of Lomax, Marsters & Sailor. So that brings us down to 27. Then the club are still yet to officially announce the signing of Darren Nicholls which will bring it up to 28 in the senior squad.

willzy91

Juniors
Right now, we have 5 positions that still need filling. 2 top squad players and 3 development players. The top squad positions need to be filled by a winger & prop. The development players I’d like to see filled by Gallagher (not sure if he’s still with the club), Lovodua & Johns. This is also dependant on any outgoings as well, which I assume we may have 1 or 2.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
While Hunt and Graham's acquisition are wonderful, they still well short of satisfying the first grade team's weaknesses i.e. numbers one to four in the backline.

Considering he left THREE-YEARS AGO, I cannot believe the club's ineptitude in failing to fill Brett Morris's absence adequately.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
As we speak we have 29 signed to the top 30 (inc Nichols) so 1 spot left.
2 spots in the development squad so 4 spots left there.

willzy91

Juniors
As we speak we have 29 signed to the top 30 (inc Nichols) so 1 spot left.
2 spots in the development squad so 4 spots left there.

That’s correct, I was unaware that Lomax had been promoted to the first grade squad and not a development player. I’d say either Nene or Thomo will be offloaded to make room for a winger or prop. I’m really hoping the club can pick up Walmsley and a winger (which means offloading Nene).

Coffs dragon

Bench
The Lurker reporting today about a Dragons half!!!!
As I wrote on Monday, Hull KR coach Tim Sheens is in town hunting down talent.

Now for an update.

I have been absolutely sworn to secrecy but I hear the former Kangaroos coach is looking at signing a Dragons halfback and Wests Tigers backrower.

Stay tuned.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

Now for an update.

I have been absolutely sworn to secrecy but I hear the former Kangaroos coach is looking at signing a Dragons halfback and Wests Tigers backrower.

Stay tuned.
mmm aint Hunt, rhe only others we have are Mann, Willis, Nicholls and Widdop, so are you saying one of them is going???

Drakon

Juniors

Now for an update.

Stay tuned.
I guess he's looking for a replacement for Todd Carney

Latest posts