What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

Life's Good

Coach
Rubbish, your entire team and coach from 2010 was BOUGHT.

I love a bold, clearly wrong, outlandish statement. ‘.... your entire team....’

The following players say hi....

Ben Hornby
Dean Young
Jason Nightingale
Mark Gasnier
Brett Morris
Matt Cooper
Beau Scott

and EAD.

By the way, is Trent Robinson coaching for charity?

halfbackBENHUNT

Juniors
I love a bold, clearly wrong, outlandish statement. ‘.... your entire team....’

The following players say hi....

Ben Hornby
Dean Young
Jason Nightingale
Mark Gasnier
Brett Morris
Matt Cooper
Beau Scott

and EAD.

By the way, is Trent Robinson coaching for charity?

Gasnier = BOUGHT from French rugby and illegally too (back ended contract which he retired when it ballooned)
Beau Scott = BOUGHT from Sharks

Life's Good

Coach
Gasnier = BOUGHT from French rugby and illegally too (back ended contract which he retired when it ballooned)
Beau Scott = BOUGHT from Sharks
Wow 2 players. How did I get it so wrong.
What about the other 6? Where were they bought from?
I didn’t include the entire squad because I didn’t want to embarrass you further.

Why haven’t you answered my question about Robinson? Is he not being paid or is it for charity?

Cockosh

Juniors
Wow 2 players. How did I get it so wrong.
What about the other 6? Where were they bought from?
I didn’t include the entire squad because I didn’t want to embarrass you further.

Why haven’t you answered my question about Robinson? Is he not being paid or is it for charity?
seeing as you put so much value on players not having been bought from other clubs you must then respect our 2017 and 2018 squads

Players never having played first grade for any other club
Latrell Mitchell
Tupou
Manu
Pearce
Friend
Guerra
Matterson
Watson
Cordner
Liu
Evans
Napa
Skd

Jwh 6 games for manly
Taukeiaho 1 game for warriors

Tetevano knights reject
Keary souffs reject
Gordon parra reject
Ferguson everyone's reject

Not a single player poached from another club.

In 2018 we are adding Cronk and tedesco having lost guerra, skd, Watson, Evans from the above. Also like to let Nikorima go who didn’t play this year and potentially Pearce.

And yes Robinson gets paid handsomely. Far more than the measley 50k poor Gasnier got paid

Cockosh

Juniors
Wrong. SKD was sacked by the roosters and Guerra and Elliot were unwanted. Watson was granted a release so not one of these was poached.
Awesome. So why all the fuss over roosters recruits? Using your own logic above who exactly did we poach? I just listed our squad for your reference.

Life's Good

Coach
seeing as you put so much value on players not having been bought from other clubs you must then respect our 2017 and 2018 squads

Latrell Mitchell
Tupou
Manu
Pearce
Friend
Guerra
Matterson
Watson
Cordner
Liu
Evans
Napa
Skd

Jwh 6 games for manly
Taukeiaho 1 game for warriors

Tetevano knights reject
Keary souffs reject
Gordon parra reject
Ferguson everyone's reject

Not a single player poached from another club.

In 2018 we are adding Cronk and tedesco having lost guerra, skd, Watson, Evans from the above. Also like to let Nikorima go who didn’t play this year and potentially Pearce.

And yes Robinson gets paid handsomely. Far more than the measley 50k poor Gasnier got paid
I’m flattered you went to so much trouble but honestly, it’s a waste of time for 2 reasons:

1) I couldn’t care less whether you guys bought or developed your players. It doesn’t bother me at all. Never has as that is how the game operates.

2) I was replying to halfbackgimp asserting our entire 2010 side was bought(it clearly wasn’t). Also, did the gimp expect Bennett to coach for nothing(because we bought him also).

Cockosh

Juniors
I’m flattered you went to so much trouble but honestly, it’s a waste of time for 2 reasons:

1) I couldn’t care less whether you guys bought or developed your players. It doesn’t bother me at all. Never has as that is how the game operates.

2) I was replying to halfbackgimp asserting our entire 2010 side was bought(it clearly wasn’t). Also, did the gimp expect Bennett to coach for nothing(because we bought him also).

In his defence he was pointing out the hypocrisy of a saints fan talking about us buying comps. That saints team regardless of how it was assembled was star studded and yet found a way to squeeze gas back into it. It was littered with rep players and a super coach to boot. Like you I have no issue with it at all but find the hypocrisy directed at us amazing.

Paying overs to retain players that you’ve developed is a different kettle of fish compared to buying established stars from other clubs, in my opinion. I wouldn’t begrudge Manly doing that for the Stewart’s and Beaver. They probably did. Either way, Melb was caught and did the time. Couldn’t imagine Old Boy Shuey going through the books at Easts now, could you?

And ‘08 had the worst 9 to ever play in a GF in Russell Aitken. F**k, Matt Geyer would have been a better selection there. Might have at least put a few points on you blokes.
What revisionist history you have made

BILLY SLATER PLAYED DUMMY HALF MOST OF THE FRICKING GAME

Hooker in name only was Aitken who played as a 4th backrower

Pedge1971

First Grade
Awesome. So why all the fuss over roosters recruits? Using your own logic above who exactly did we poach? I just listed our squad for your reference.

Probably because they are a turd of a club that no one likes. Yes, that would be it. Buying your way to mediocrity is the Roosters way....

The_Shield

Juniors
He never played 1st grade for the storm.
He was set to play first grade, but after he signed with the Roosters Craig basically told him to get stuffed. Melbourne supported him through all his injuries during the start of his career and as soon as he was healthy the roosters stole him

Cockosh

Juniors
Probably because they are a turd of a club that no one likes. Yes, that would be it. Buying your way to mediocrity is the Roosters way....
Yet you can’t give a single example. Typical souffs simpleton. Buying our way to mediocrity haha. It Doesn’t come as naturally as it does for yourselves.

Life's Good

Coach
In his defence he was pointing out the hypocrisy of a saints fan talking about us buying comps. That saints team regardless of how it was assembled was star studded and yet found a way to squeeze gas back into it. It was littered with rep players and a super coach to boot. Like you I have no issue with it at all but find the hypocrisy directed at us amazing.

No. He told a blatant lie and was called on it and seems to have run away and hidden.
And not all Saints fans are the same. Just like you seem rational and halfbackgimp isn’t.

Cockosh

Juniors
He was set to play first grade, but after he signed with the Roosters Craig basically told him to get stuffed. Melbourne supported him through all his injuries during the start of his career and as soon as he was healthy the roosters stole him
Not quite. Didn’t sound like he was getting a run either way. Obviously he wasn’t happy. But no problem it Easts fault. Again!
http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/coach-backs-guerra-dumping/2009/08/08/1249350728995.html

T-Boon

Coach

Latrell Mitchell
Tupou
Manu
Pearce
Friend
Guerra
Matterson
Watson
Cordner
Liu
Evans
Napa
Skd

Those guys where recruited from other clubs junior ranks by that "crafty" recruitment officer of yours Sullivan. The Roosters are scum from top to bottom.

The_Shield

Juniors
Those guys where recruited from other clubs junior ranks by that "crafty" recruitment officer of yours Sullivan. The Roosters are scum from top to bottom.
Sullivan and Waldron were the two rats behind the Storm salary cap problems. Scum should have been kicked out of the comp in 2010

Latest posts