What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

Timbo

Staff member
He's Smith's good mate. End of.

Yep.

We're back in this place where it's not the team representative of the best of Australia, it's Boof and Smudgers personal club side.

It's less about 'are you one of the best cricketers in Australia' and more 'I enjoy having a beer with you'.

Matt23

Staff member
Am I only the only one thinks the bloody BBL should be played at the beginning or end of the season?

Bazal

Post Whore
Am I only the only one thinks the bloody BBL should be played at the beginning or end of the season?

I think it would be better from a purely cricketing perspective, but honestly the BBL generates massive revenue and by playing it earlier or later you lose a good chunk of that because it's not holidays anymore. So on balance, probably shouldn't be moved. Revenue is overrated by the current mob but still important

I think the One Day Cup should be last. Start the Shield first up so FC cricketers get a good lead in to a potential Test summer, run the BBL in the spot where it earns the most revenue and then finish up with the least useful and popular tournament whilst the ODIs and T20s are going on at the end of the summer.

Has the added effect of leading into Test matches with a good chunk of the Shield season rather than two or three matches, and then the limited overs players get the BBL to warm into an ODI series, plus any replacements needed for the ODIs/T20s are coming from limited overs cricket into the limited overs squads.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Australia's first Test squad takes shape

Likely four quicks in Australia's first Ashes Test squad to train together in Brisbane next week

Australia have all but confirmed the four fast bowlers that will feature in their squad for the first Test Magellan Ashes Test.

NSW pacemen Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood along with Tasmania seamer Jackson Bird will all sit out the third round of the JLT Sheffield Shield, which gets underway Monday, Cricket Australia confirms today.

The quartet will instead train together at the Bupa National Cricket Centre in Brisbane as they prepare for the first Test against England at the Gabba beginning November 23.

Starc and Cummins, who have sent down 72.5 and 65 overs in the opening two Shield rounds respectively, had originally been expected to miss the Blues' final match before the Ashes as part of a carefully-crafted plan to have them primed for the series-opener.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/josh...isbane-starc-cummins-australia-ncc/2017-11-09

So 4 quicks in the squad, Haze has played 1 first class game, how do we prepare him for the Ashes ?

We rest him of course.

fmd

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Australia's first Test squad takes shape
Likely four quicks in Australia's first Ashes Test squad to train together in Brisbane next week

Australia have all but confirmed the four fast bowlers that will feature in their squad for the first Test Magellan Ashes Test.

NSW pacemen Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood along with Tasmania seamer Jackson Bird will all sit out the third round of the JLT Sheffield Shield, which gets underway Monday, Cricket Australia confirms today.

The quartet will instead train together at the Bupa National Cricket Centre in Brisbane as they prepare for the first Test against England at the Gabba beginning November 23.

Starc and Cummins, who have sent down 72.5 and 65 overs in the opening two Shield rounds respectively, had originally been expected to miss the Blues' final match before the Ashes as part of a carefully-crafted plan to have them primed for the series-opener.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/josh...isbane-starc-cummins-australia-ncc/2017-11-09

So 4 quicks in the squad, Haze has played 1 first class game, how do we prepare him for the Ashes ?

We rest him of course.

fmd
Ridiculous but hardly surprising.

Last edited:

Incorrect

Coach
Fairfax experts picked their 1st Test squads.... Malcolm Knox was the only one to pick Wade as keeper.... and just when I thought maybe he was slightly geniused for that selection, he all but confirmed my suspicion by naming Ed Cowan to bat at number 6.....

FMD

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cowan has probabaly deserved it more than anyone else, been the best FC batsman for the last 3 seasons

Blade23

Juniors
The bitter old sod is at it again taking another swipe at Steve Waugh.

Ian Chappell leaves Steve Waugh out of top 25 Ashes players, calls him selfish
Ian Chappell has ranked his top 25 Ashes players since 1972 and left out former Australian captain Steve Waugh, calling him 'selfish' in the process.
Chappell selected the 25 players based on 'eye-test', and despite not including Steve, somehow managed to fit in Waugh's brother Mark at number 19, and his own brother Greg at number 3.
Cricket is not a statistical exercise and I didn’t want selfish players on my team, hence the absence of Geoff Boycott and Steve Waugh," Chappell wrote in The Daily Telegraph.

Steve Waugh played 168 Test matches for Australia (equal first with Ricky Ponting), captaining his country in 57 matches for 41 wins (second behind Ponting).

This includes being captain in two Ashes series, with eight victories coming from nine Tests.

Waugh also led Australia to 16 Test match victories in a row between 1999 and 2001, a world record that Ponting later equalled.

If Chappell didn't want selfish players in his list then why include one of the most selfish players in the game in KP?

If anyone wants to see the old bitters list or are in the mood for a root canal read here.
http://www.nospam47.com/au/cricket/...-calls-him-selfish/1cgq136p5fg5k1qjhi322tfzk6

Incorrect

Coach
The bitter old sod is at it again taking another swipe at Steve Waugh.

Ian Chappell leaves Steve Waugh out of top 25 Ashes players, calls him selfish
Ian Chappell has ranked his top 25 Ashes players since 1972 and left out former Australian captain Steve Waugh, calling him 'selfish' in the process.
Chappell selected the 25 players based on 'eye-test', and despite not including Steve, somehow managed to fit in Waugh's brother Mark at number 19, and his own brother Greg at number 3.
Cricket is not a statistical exercise and I didn’t want selfish players on my team, hence the absence of Geoff Boycott and Steve Waugh," Chappell wrote in The Daily Telegraph.

Steve Waugh played 168 Test matches for Australia (equal first with Ricky Ponting), captaining his country in 57 matches for 41 wins (second behind Ponting).

This includes being captain in two Ashes series, with eight victories coming from nine Tests.

Waugh also led Australia to 16 Test match victories in a row between 1999 and 2001, a world record that Ponting later equalled.

If Chappell didn't want selfish players in his list then why include one of the most selfish players in the game in KP?

If anyone wants to see the old bitters list or are in the mood for a root canal read here.
http://www.nospam47.com/au/cricket/...-calls-him-selfish/1cgq136p5fg5k1qjhi322tfzk6
Ben Stokes made the cut.... No doubt because he got in to a fist fight outside a pub after downing a dozen pints.... that's Chapelli's sort of guy....

PARRA_FAN

Coach
This was good for a laugh. Not because of the people he took off the list, but the people who made the cut. Swann made it FFS. I think he needs to take his medication more often.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Like we needed any more proof that Chappell is a sad bitter old merkin. It's a wonder he didn't stick himself in there.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Doesn't like selfish players yet put the most selfless player in AB at 24 below the likes of slater and joe root.
AB was another player Chappell never got on with, says more about Chappell than anything. Doug Walters couldn't score a run in England yet in he goes in a top 25 Ashes list.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lol, just read dipshit's list again, warner at 9 ahead of smith. Warner wouldn't even be in Candace Warners top 25.

And the old wank must have had a falling out with Ashley f**king Mallett and John Snow as there's no mention of them.