What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron Massey Cup / Sydney Shield 2017

imgunawin72

Juniors
They werent' signed with Blacktown then. They obviously backed themselves on train and trials and once they were asked to go to Minchinbury they left. That is standard at most clubs.
I know of at least one that was contracted to blacktown that went to cabra mate. There were others that were contracted that went to other clubs such as Hills

runrabbitrun

Juniors
I know of at least one that was contracted to blacktown that went to cabra mate. There were others that were contracted that went to other clubs such as Hills

Contracted players can be let go for numerous reasons. It's semi-pro sport. All clubs do it. An explanation has already been given in an earlier post as to why so many extra players were brought to the club.

Blacktown are a basket case. That's pretty clear. They were before their coach who was sacked came there and they are again.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Contracted players can be let go for numerous reasons. It's semi-pro sport. All clubs do it. An explanation has already been given in an earlier post as to why so many extra players were brought to the club.

Blacktown are a basket case. That's pretty clear. They were before their coach who was sacked came there and they are again.
Ok champ

Pantherman72

Juniors

So what. They were allowed to go to other clubs and not stopped from playing like other clubs do. Get over it.
Also your posts about 120 players being signed - dribble.
Boards have to approve and sign all contracts and submit to nswrl - the buck stops with them.

He doesn't alienate EVERYONE else and doesn't play the victim. How things get passed around are not controlled by Pat, just as the otherside of the stories you have decided to buy into can not be controlled.
Speak to him sometime and see for yourself and then make judgement.
Given that 40 players, most of them experienced enough to make judgements on a club and people (most of whom went on to be the best players at their new clubs) and an entire staff of adults (including relatives of board members and 10yr club staff) walked away from a club - you would like to think there is plenty wrong there not attributed to Pat. They recruited too many players because Pat did all recruiting for all grades before the Priors and Mick Golden were even at the club. Mick Golden was wrapped with the recruitment and look at the Shield team he had in rd 1 and 2 and you can see why. The problem was the Priors wanted to then bring in their own players afterwards, adding 30 more to the 60 already there. Check out the results and names on thethesheet sheet in the first few rounds with Pats recruitment compared to the last 10 games with the Priors players.
You can talk of rumours - some of which would be offensive if they weren't so laughable and untrue - or you can talk in facts. The facts are the club was embarrassing before he arrived. Then made finals and were competitive and players flocked there. They got a top squad for 3 grades in 2017 (Massey and shield were undefeated, smashing Wenty pre-sacking) and the club was into nsw cup from being easy beats and unnattractive 3yrs earlier. Then without him they were a farce in both grades again resulting in floggings. Those are facts. Not rumours. He was offered the Cabra job before declining and cabra then went for Eddie Flahey - so he can't have alienated Cabra. Those are the only clubs he has been at.
Fact - players and staff spend 3 nights a week and gameday with him and love him. There are enough rumours and rubbish in footy and on these forums. I prefer facts.

This is the best thing I have read on this forum. The above is the 100‰ truth. Believe what you want but those involved in the shit storm know what went down. It's easy to sit there behind a keyboard with an opinion. Which is fine as it creates healthy discussions but when rumours and alike are being thrown around that are completely untrue disgust me.

I would like to see any of you deal with what Pat and his staff were put through at Blacktown after the years of work that was put in there to build that club up, most out of their own pockets. It's a credit to Pat and his staff that they are back in the game. I say good luck to them some of the best blokes u will meet.

runrabbitrun

Juniors
This is the best thing I have read on this forum. The above is the 100‰ truth. Believe what you want but those involved in the shit storm know what went down. It's easy to sit there behind a keyboard with an opinion. Which is fine as it creates healthy discussions but when rumours and alike are being thrown around that are completely untrue disgust me.

I would like to see any of you deal with what Pat and his staff were put through at Blacktown after the years of work that was put in there to build that club up, most out of their own pockets. It's a credit to Pat and his staff that they are back in the game. I say good luck to them some of the best blokes u will meet.

Hey Sharkie Boy, how do you know they put their own money into it? I dont imagine that would be well known by too many people. It's an interesting one.

Know of any other clubs where coach or staff have done this? Kingsgoive were perhaps one? Any others? ;-)

imgunawin72

Juniors
So what. They were allowed to go to other clubs and not stopped from playing like other clubs do. Get over it.
Also your posts about 120 players being signed - dribble.
Boards have to approve and sign all contracts and submit to nswrl - the buck stops with them.
Ok champ

Hey Sharkie Boy, how do you know they put their own money into it? I dont imagine that would be well known by too many people. It's an interesting one.

Know of any other clubs where coach or staff have done this? Kingsgoive were perhaps one? Any others? ;-)
I know for a fact that at least two other Ron Massey Club coachs put alot of money into the teams they coach.

The disappointing thing is people don't realise the dollars Pat and his staff put into building a gym and supplying all the equipment for that gym upgrading the sheds and much more. It disgusts me the way they were shown the door.

runrabbitrun

Juniors
I know for a fact that at least two other Ron Massey Club coachs put alot of money into the teams they coach.

The disappointing thing is people don't realise the dollars Pat and his staff put into building a gym and supplying all the equipment for that gym upgrading the sheds and much more. It disgusts me the way they were shown the door.
Yep Blacktown certainly screwed them over. It' a shame, but good people bounce back!

runrabbitrun

Juniors
Personally, though, I don't agree with coaches putting their own money in but sometimes there's no choice. What should NEVER be allowed, is for players to know this. It skewers the relationship and gives that coach an influence he shouldn' have. It also makes for non-real evaluation of themselves and others.

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
Zac Wedesweller has moved from Cabramatta SS to Group 6 Premiers, Campbelltown City.
no big loss for Cabramatta only plays 10 mins anyway, See Cabra started pre season yesterday. Hope Yatesy can handle the interfering board and let him run it his way with the staff he wants.

kbw

Bench
no big loss for Cabramatta only plays 10 mins anyway, See Cabra started pre season yesterday. Hope Yatesy can handle the interfering board and let him run it his way with the staff he wants.

I think winning the RM will give him a fair bit of flexibilty

Latest posts