What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
he managed to turn the attention from the world cup back to himself though, watching mals comments would have made him moist.

Shame the try scoring record for world cups is most likely going to be his own this weekend. need billy to bag 5 against the frogs tonight

POPEYE

Coach
he managed to turn the attention from the world cup back to himself though, watching mals comments would have made him moist.

Shame the try scoring record for world cups is most likely going to be his own this weekend. need billy to bag 5 against the frogs tonight
Yes, be nice if Billy threw water on fireworks in Wankerland as they relight 'Who Is The Better Fullback?' . . . . Jarryd did score his tries from Fullback didn't he, wonder how many he stopped

POPEYE

Coach
Australia is a great country, not only are soc's like me allowed to imagine they're worthiness hasn't completely disappeared but there's even money to be made from such drivel

I read one such exponent this morning, the bloke Fox gave the right to allot points to the Kangaroos after last night's training run, we should be envious of how easy it is to make a quid from a keyboard. He gave Cam Smith 10/10, that should give you some idea

Klemmer, who was probably the real MOM in the first game only got 6.5 for last night, in the time Mal gave him he must've been bludging for part of it. Tom Turbo and Dugan both got 7.0, I didn't have the same trouble recognizing one from the other

Although most tries were scored off a Munster last pass his 2 tries, defence and refusing to go to ground wasn't enough to beat his shadow for MOM . . . so, there is hope for any wag willing to type what he thinks . . . thank f**k for that

POPEYE

Coach
Been a men's shed weekend for me, blurred as it was the Tonga/Samoa game was a great spectacle, just as it was years ago in Penrith. Hard to beat the PNG crowd for passion, imagine the uproar if the Kumuls had even a half decent playmaker . . . if the Hunters made it into the NRL surely Maloney would be interested

Didn't bother with the Fiji game, I've made an early resolution not to watch Hayne unless it's odds-on he's going to f**k up . . . no chance in Kiddie's Pool D. Can't remember if I watched Benny's game, someone said Farah would do well in England and the last game was as too late for me as RL is too early for the US

Voss says RL has to have far greater Pacific Island involvement and all we need to top it off is the reinstatement of one referee . . . the NRL will surely take both into consideration?

POPEYE

Coach
Good signs for the Warriors with Blair/Harris/Paasi in the roster, the more do-or-die players the club signs the better, enthusiasm will triumph over dormant talent every time. Look out if they find a smart #7 to play alongside Johnson, they could sugar-coat the addition so that Shaun would still think he's the boss . . . it's been done before

Good to see the RLIF are considering a proper Nines World Cup, something completely devoid of NRL control but with it's involvement would do nicely. Wankerland would have no need to concern itself just as no NRL player would need to play, all the 9's has to do is attract interest to RL . . . albeit a reasonable facsimile

"If they land Jarryd, and this is the enigma of the guy, it's immediately going to have this burst of publicity and exposure" - Kent . . . keep your fingers crossed Eels supporters

POPEYE

Coach
There could be something positive to come from Hayne going back to the Eels. We who have faith in BA would reckon that he is the only coach other than Bellamy that would not be beaten by the prick. If Jarryd did not put in like French/Gutherson he would find himself in State RL . . . a good dose of which would see the back of him once and for all

POPEYE

Coach
Greg Dowling says Cowboy Scott will come back better than when he left, the time off will add more time to his career, which is aided by a new penchant for offloads in recent seasons. Seems the 'offload' may be the answer to the T-Boon Nightmare . . . The Wrestle

Melbourne have deserted the wrestle in favour of the offload, Bellamy's got NAS doing it early in his career, Marty Taupau is a new player because of it, imagine if Taumalolo popped the ball regularly

That's what RL needs, more Forwards doing an 'Artie', no coach would've wasted players wrestling him . . . he would've loved 3 blokes hanging on when the ball was long gone

POPEYE

Coach
If Souths were to lose Crichton they should bite the bullet and relocate to Perth, move to somewhere they can do far more good than they do in Sydney. As long as Nick is alive the Rabbitohs are always going to be odd man out, a mere stepping stone for players with real potential

75% if not more of Souths jersey holders would still follow the team if they played out of Perth, about the same number that currently live too far away from Redfern to go to home games. Perth should put as many bums on seats as Melbourne does, just a matter of attracting the right management and what it brings

If Souths can't hold on to their 'Crichtons' what the f**k' good are they to RL . . . what is worse, poaching the best players or let your best players be poached. Souths are becoming RL's imaginary friend, they'd be far better off starting over again in Perth

This Year?

Immortal
If Souths were to lose Crichton they should bite the bullet and relocate to Perth, move to somewhere they can do far more good than they do in Sydney. As long as Nick is alive the Rabbitohs are always going to be odd man out, a mere stepping stone for players with real potential

75% if not more of Souths jersey holders would still follow the team if they played out of Perth, about the same number that currently live too far away from Redfern to go to home games. Perth should put as many bums on seats as Melbourne does, just a matter of attracting the right management and what it brings

If Souths can't hold on to their 'Crichtons' what the f**k' good are they to RL . . . what is worse, poaching the best players or let your best players be poached. Souths are becoming RL's imaginary friend, they'd be far better off starting over again in Perth

You could say the same about 11 other clubs in the NRL. The problem is the same 3 or 4 clubs have the monopoly of the player market because the 3rd party agreements and the Salary cap isn't properly policed due to TV deal interests.

Pedge1971

First Grade
You could say the same about 11 other clubs in the NRL. The problem is the same 3 or 4 clubs have the monopoly of the player market because the 3rd party agreements and the Salary cap isn't properly policed due to TV deal interests.

I think those clubs are otherwise referred to as Wankerland old mate...

POPEYE

Coach
I think those clubs are otherwise referred to as Wankerland old mate...
'Wankerland' and 'purist' are nothing more than prawns, pilchards or beach worms ol' mate, merely designed to attract attention. Clubs and most players are not on the pisstake menu. I'm only interested in displaying one-eyed wankers and poisonous media . . . occasionally 'dope' is caught in the net and for that I apologise

We all should do our best in the fight against clubs losing NRL quality players they need to keep, one-club players should be the game's holy grail. Doesn't matter if you follow one team or try to follow them all, they deserve to be rewarded by way of concessions for 'establishing' new top grade talent . . . poaching is not enterprising

Enough of that serious shit, if the NRL wants 16 equal strength clubs where each has to have a good day to win and a bad day to lose it has to try a whole lot f**king harder than it does to regulate and reward . . . its all a matter of whose interest is best served

POPEYE

Coach
NZ did their usual time immemorial 2nd half dying in the arse, in answer Tonga played like the Cowboys and the Sipi Tau was better than the Haka. The game was and will probably remain the highlight of the WC but it was far more important than that

We finally have a series that could be played alongside SOO, equally as exciting and equally the drawcard of Hamilton . . . maybe the next time Tonga/NZ play the stands mightn't look to be bleeding as much red, a bigger venue would see the black fill it

3 weekends of State Origin one day and Pacific Origin the next would not only be enough to stop the 'We Miss Our Footy' f**kwits crying foul it would do RL the world of good . . . the Pacific would finally get to play Australia on equal terms with Origin battle hardened players as opposition

Such a good luck story could be topped off with Fiji playing in the State Cup and if you thought the pollies were digging deep imagine how many Islander heritage players would be trying to prove Tonga citizenship . . . its a pity the NRL IQ won't match the NZ/Tonga game

POPEYE

Coach
'2018 Ladder Predictions' might be the second best pisstake thread on LU but I can't wait to see which of Maloney's 3 years at Penrith has the joint win a cup. I'm tipping it as early as '18 but '19 at the latest . . . '20 should just be another 'James is becoming a nuisance' year

I know James is one of my ad-nauseum rants but he is a favourite, can't help but appreciate the bloke. The chip on his shoulder since he was overlooked by Melbourne in '09 is made of gold, turned mercenary his driving force has been money and nothing else . . . the epitome of 'getting square' for injustice

He came within a whisker of snavelling a cup for the Warriors, close enough was an achievement in itself, since then as a player he's delivered what he's been paid to deliver. Gibson always said 3 years is enough . . . '18 is not can Penrith win a cup, it's can Maloney do it again

POPEYE

Coach
If Kalyn Ponga is the new legend in waiting he imagines let's hope he gets the support he hopes for. He says he's relieved by the Knights added signings, seems a bit pompous but it's probably just the usual f**king media twisting his words

Mitchell Pearce was a boy wonder that had clubs fighting for his signature before he turned a wheel but not everything went the way it should have. if Kalyn has the proper early coaching, something Mitchell missed out on, let's hope his dream comes true

If he is Newcastle's leading saviour will he think he's being paid enough given the Knights have money to spare, did he sign for $600k pa for 4 years when it should've been more. Will he expect a top-up sooner than expected, will the Knights really appreciate his services, is Guerra's top 8 expecting too much

That last paragraph is just an example of what the media will come up with, Ponga has more than just fulfilling his promise to contend with, a hiccup won't be cured by drinking water . . . he'll be expected to walk on it

T-Boon

Coach
It is interesting to me that you detest Hayne but love Maloney.
Maloney is the living embodiment of one of the biggest problems with the game now. Total mercenary. The worst thing about Maloney is he jumps from one Sydney club to another. If he jumped interstate that is one thing but to go play for an across town rival? That is where the game is dying in Sydney.
Tedesco to the Rooster would have killed RL for many Tigers fans. Less so Moses to Parra but essentially the same deal.
As an eels fan I have always appreciated Haynes loyalty to Parra. I totally believe he wanted to come back to Parra but the NRL wanted him at the Titans.

POPEYE

Coach
It's the saIary cap's fault that players jump from club to club, if Tedesco was allowed to be paid extra outside of the cap for being a one-clubber he probably would've stayed

I don't give a f**k about personalities, I just like 80/80 players and detest players who bludge for their money . . . if you find that 'interesting' it's a waste of your time and mine talking about it

T-Boon

Coach
II just like 80/80 players and detest players who bludge for their money .

Maloney is a turnstile - which means he is more of a 40/40 player. In fact Hayne should have been paid overtime rates trying to cover for him in defence in State of Origin.
I mean, a guy who makes that coin over the last 10 years can't actually practice enough to work out how to contribute in a reliable fashion defensively??

POPEYE

Coach
Maloney is a turnstile - which means he is more of a 40/40 player. In fact Hayne should have been paid overtime rates trying to cover for him in defence in State of Origin.
I mean, a guy who makes that coin over the last 10 years can't actually practice enough to work out how to contribute in a reliable fashion defensively??
'Hayne cover in defence' . . . if that's the best you can do at taking the piss you're in the wrong thread. He has more trouble positioning himself to stop tries than he does concentrating on the game

I was sure you'd be a Wankerland resident, someone who prefers cups and thinks 51% is a pass, you get both with Maloney/Hayne . . . I like James because of the way he takes the piss and the money

POPEYE

Coach
Ivan is happy Maloney is going to Penrith, he says it will put the finishing touch on Nathan, preparing for when he goes to wherever Dad is after '18. Cleary Snr wants us to believe he'd like to coach Jnr sometime in the future, most of us know that's bullshit, he's been coaching his son all of his life

Methinks Ivan is doing what a good father does, ensuring his son is paid what he's worth, no better way than threatening to poach the young bloke . . . helps that getting square with Jabba is also on the agenda.

You never know, if Maloney gels with Nathan both may jump to Ivan, could be the Tigers' turn in '19

Last edited: