What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love or hate Pearce, I hate seeing clubs flick their long-termers.

Belta

Juniors
Doesn't sound like Pearceoff played his cards vey well. I wonder if he dug his heels in hung around awhile as a very expensive backup, then one would think, in order to be cap compliant the rorters would have needed to off loaded Pearceoff, paying part of his contract, in the same way doggies done with Graham.

mickeylane

Bench
Doesn't sound like Pearceoff played his cards vey well. I wonder if he dug his heels in hung around awhile as a very expensive backup, then one would think, in order to be cap compliant the rorters would have needed to off loaded Pearceoff, paying part of his contract, in the same way doggies done with Graham.
Newcastle about to table Pearce a $4.4m 4 year deal!
I think he's played his cards right.. Knights about to blow Cronulla away

Belta

Juniors
Mickey lane said; “Newcastle about to table Pearce a 4.4M 4 year deal! I think he’s played his cards right. Newcastle about to blow Manly out of the water.”

Indeed if this be the case his had a card up his sleeve and just threw a Royal flush on the table.

Crazy times.

But you know what they say it’s not over to the fat lady sings,

having said that the fact his is the current NSW half back means he will be hot property, ...Show me the money. Sing it with me. Show me the money

possm

Coach
Mickey lane said; “Newcastle about to table Pearce a 4.4M 4 year deal! I think he’s played his cards right. Newcastle about to blow Manly out of the water.”

Indeed if this be the case his had a card up his sleeve and just threw a Royal flush on the table.

Crazy times.

But you know what they say it’s not over to the fat lady sings,

having said that the fact his is the current NSW half back means he will be hot property, ...Show me the money. Sing it with me. Show me the money
If Pearce goes to Newcastle, it's possible that Manly will again offer Thompson a long term contract. So the possibility of a Thompson for Walmsley player movement is on again.

Unlimited TPA's are what is assisting the richer Clubs to avoid cap pressure. The NRL need to address this problem.

Life's Good

Coach
If Pearce goes to Newcastle, it's possible that Manly will again offer Thompson a long term contract. So the possibility of a Thompson for Walmsley player movement is on again.

Unlimited TPA's are what is assisting the richer Clubs to avoid cap pressure. The NRL need to address this problem.
My take on the inequality is that some of the clubs are more proactive and driven. Perhaps if we had competent administration we might be able to latch onto the coat tails of the better clubs and assume the position of Superclub that was the original goal of the merger and not a retirement village that our administration appears to be.
As it stands our administration is the equivalent of a blunt knife in a gun fight.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Well done to the Roosters - they have seen an opportunity to improve their team and didnt let sentiment stand in the way of them doing it. Pearce has been given plenty of chances. They've also bought themselves 2 years with the ultimate professional to blood a young halfback to take them forward.

Still cant see them winning the comp next year, but at least they are actively making efforts to head that way.
Who can you see winning the comp?

I think Easts look to have the best team on paper next year.

Frank Facer

First Grade
They are a professional club.
Nrl is a business nowdays.
They want immediate success and they see cronk helping to get them there.
We could learn from these type of decisions.
If you want to be competitive every year you must be willing to make the hard decisions.
As much as I hate the Roosters if they want someone they get them and don't worry about the consequences.
I don't think cronk will get them a premiership .
But Pearce will help manly become a better team
Who do you think will win the comp next year?

Frank Facer

First Grade
Too early but cows will be hard to beat as well
I like Easts to the max. I see Melbourne as their biggest danger. Melbourne usually finish top 2, get 2 home semi finals and then into the GF. Croft looks like a Cronk clone. He has been in their system for at least 2 years now and looks like he will be able to fill the void left by Cronk.

Nth Qld look the other top pick, with Thurston and Scott to return next year.

Parra could be next pick. If Hayne can recapture the form that he was in before he left to play NFL, Parra could have a big year. I like the look of Arthur as a coach and think that he could get the best out of Hayne.

BennyV

Referee
Who can you see winning the comp?

I think Easts look to have the best team on paper next year.
My tip is Parra, if not it's likely to be a dark horse who Isn't expected a la Cronulla 2016.

Roosters don't have the forwards to win it. Cowboys look very good and could be in with a chance. Melbourne look good but as impressive as Croft is, that's been in individual games, taking on a full season is a different beast and going back to back is difficult.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I’m with you Samy. I think NQ will be hard to beat.

Life's good
there a whisper that Thurston is giving it up at the end of the year.

So they will be motivated even more.
With him and scott mybe last year as well.
I also think cows have the best forward pack in the comp
But the roosters and storm will be up there.
The only stoping the roosters will be there forwards.
Unfortunately the shark will also be there.
Para will improve.

SBD82

Coach
Life's good
there a whisper that Thurston is giving it up at the end of the year.

So they will be motivated even more.
With him and scott mybe last year as well.
I also think cows have the best forward pack in the comp
But the roosters and storm will be up there.
The only stoping the roosters will be there forwards.
Unfortunately the shark will also be there.
Para will improve.
In addition to the team that made such a great run to the finals, they will add thurston, Scott and McLean.

Unless they do something weird with their spine, they're going to be benching an international half.

Even with the addition of cronk, I don't think the roosters roster is as good as the cows.